First grow in 2 years

Here is my first grow in 2 years. I’m so happy to be doing what I absolutely love again. I did do some outdoor gardening with tomatoes and other veggies but growing cannabis is like driving a Ferrari in the horticulture world. When I get before it was mostly auto flower, so I wanted something a little different my first grow back plus a little more forgiving with control. So I went with a photo period (Ethos Super Lemon Haze F5).

I started with 5 seeds and knew I’d be going down to 1 plant so I waited until they showed sex and went with the biggest girl. I was looking to fill my supply up at my first crack.

These were planted in 1g Coco/Perlight and hand watered like soil early on.

I cut the population down to three as the other two were moving slow and seemed a lot smaller.

Then eventually down to 2:

With the two I had left, still wasn’t sure about one being male or not as these a regular seeds:

I really wanted the one I wasn’t sure about to be female but she made it am hard to tell at first and she tested my patience haha. This little hair gave me confidence it was a girl:

Knowing that my prize was a girl I had to make the tough decision to get rid of this baby:

And now I knew which one I’d be transplanting into a 6 gallon pot from the 1 gallon:

And she took the transplant in stride, I also switched from MegaCrop one part to Jacks 321 and did not phase her at all:

It must have been all that autoflower growing that got me hating to use a trellis net because I ended up taking the net off:

I must have switched to the autopot system around this time as well. So I went from DTW to bottom feeding and she took it just fine.

This is also where I realized I do need the net for when those buds start to construct. So I added the lower net minus the piping:

I pollinated a branch on this SLH with the pollen I received (Bodhi Seeds DLA 5.3 male) below from the homie @GrowOrganic on here:

Looks like she took the pollen fine too! ; )

Now this is how we’re looking. I added back the second screen to hold up the top half for when she gets fat:

Day 71 from seed.
4 weeks in 12/12

17 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Looks great

Ill tag along for the show

Paps

1 Like

Nice Journal you got going. Glad you were able to back into growing again. You’re doibg good. Nice stuff

1 Like

Welcome back to the grow world!!

SLH is one of my all time faves.
Great looking plant and best of luck for the rest of your grow!!

:love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks @Papalag!

1 Like

@Itslegalnow @HaRdRoC thanks for the warm welcome guys. SLH is one my favorite as well.

2 Likes

Congrats on hoppin back in the saddle!
Looks like you didn’t miss a beat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks great! About the same stage my Jack Herer’s are.

2 Likes

Thanks, it feels great!

3 Likes