Curse of the hulk

This is my first time attempting to grow cannabis. I sort of rushed it a bit. I didn’t have enough soil, so the pots are half full. I didn’t realize that they stop growing when they hit the bottom of the pot. I m.

ade threw mistake of filling 5 gallon pots a little more than half full… I’m growing bruce banner, money dick xxl, and blueberry.

19 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to post in hydroponics. My bad. It’ll take me a bit to get used to the interface… also, it is fox farm soil and fox farm nutrients I’m using

7 Likes

Not a soil grower, but id order some more soil ASAP and repot thouse.
Or maybe if you just have some smaller pot’s, replant them into them and then order some more soil.

4 Likes

no worries about the categorizing, I fixed that… you should fold the sides of your pots down to make the edges more level with your soil…you can always transplant later but if you have a decent but of soil in each, you should be fine.

8 Likes

welcome…IMO it’s no problem to partially fill containers, done it many times. Once they’re rooted through they will pop right out of there if you need to transplant them again. you could even put them back into the same ones with fresh dirt on the bottom. just need to make sure they’re solidly rooted first.

8 Likes

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. I was a bit worried that they wouldn’t grow properly. I am using 20/4 on these autos just to let you know… one question I have is is there a possibility of too much light with the setup I have? I’m running 1 king 1200 watt, one king 1000 watt and a 600 watt bestva.

3 Likes

Not too much, heat may become an issue. If so send one my way I will put it to use :wink:
Kidding, welcome to OG! Good luck with your grow

4 Likes

if those are all true wattages it might be super overkill for your grow area… but yes, there is such a thing as too much light

6 Likes

I know that the king 1000 watt is equivalent to a 400 watt hid with only 185 watts actual output. At least that’s what a story on it said…

2 Likes

So, since this is my first grow and all, I was thinking about doing only lst. Any opinions on this? Am I being a pussy or is this a good option? Lol thanks

1 Like

lst would be good… how much space do you have height wise?

depending on that and your own preference would depend on what you do with them.

personally I would top them above mode seven, give them a week and flip them… when they start to stretch it will give you an idea of whether or not they need tied down to help with space concerns…

but if I’m being honest… since its your first run, I’d let them grow natural so you can get a feel on how they grow regular and from there, you can gauge whether you want to lst on your next run

5 Likes

Pretty good suggestion here.

5 Likes

and at one week, your spacing is phenomenal, right nodes and still looking good…

as to my above post…typically I flip at about 16" and it ends me with a plant, soil to top bud, about 2.5’ - 3.5’

2 Likes

Height wise, I have a 60 inch vertical tent… thanks for the suggestions it’s appreciated and I’ll keep updated with photos.

2 Likes

Iv done the exact same many times too - putting soil under the plants - after it is solidly rooted and dry enough to just lift up add soil and put plant back in / now there’s new space for roots and some feed too.
Great advice @Muleskinner.
Still have to get some more soil/perlite ( both)…!?
Good luck @Brandon7467.
Gaz

Ps.
Are any of these auto’s btw .?

3 Likes

They are all autos. I should have been more clear.

2 Likes

I get back home Sunday. I will take some pics. I know they have gotten a lot bigger. Until Sunday, happy Thanksgiving weekend everybody!

2 Likes

Ok so I got home and my plants were thirsty but I fed them… here’s what they look like now… this is 9 days after last photo just to let you know…

9 Likes

Ok it’s been 3 weeks and 1 day since the germinated seeds were put into the fabric 5 gallon pots.

6 Likes

Bottom left- moby dick xxl:
Bottom right- blueberry
And both of the top ones are Bruce Banner. I just thought I’d let you guys know what you’re looking at. I’ve been training using lst by using stuff I had like zip ties. I cut the head off of them, folded in half beat I could and used as anchoring stakes. I feed twice a week using the infamous fox farm trip. Also fox farm ocean forest soil only. I gave checked the ph several times and it’s always just fine. I’m digging the soil. No pun intended.

5 Likes