First hydro grow! 😈👻

Day 53:

Quick update… just got home from Jamaica. The plant is doing awesome! The buds are in great shape to really explode all over this plant!

Ph 6.1
Ec 1.2 and 640ppm
Temp 70f
Rh 45%

7 Likes

She’s lookin Irie! Really good growin.:+1:

1 Like

LITFA works wonders sometimes :smiley:

1 Like

Ya mon, never expected this when I started :call_me_hand:

1 Like

It sure does, doesn’t it lol

2 Likes

Well folks… absolutely gutted right now
Heard a thud in the basement. Went downstairs and I couldn’t believe what I saw… my light pulled out of the ceiling and on to the plant and fucked it up bad!! I’m so upset :cry:

1 Like

Oh no!!

I wouldnt get too upset, and for sure - dont throw the plant away!!!

. You will be amazed at how well these plants recover from even major damage. Many times I have broken a stem when training and the darn things dont even blink. They just heal the break and keep on trucking.

I would carefully straighten any branches as much as you can - without removing them or breaking them any more. You may want to splint them in some cases to hold them in place. Just dont do it too tightly. Maybe a Popsicle stick and some tape or zip ties, but not too tight.

I think you will be surprised at how well it will bounce back and how fast.

3 Likes

For some reason I cant edit the above post…

What ever you do - dont rip off the torn stems. No matter how thin the piece holding it together, it will almost certainly grow back just fine.

I tied up as much as I could. There was some pretty good damage it seemed like so I did do some trimming. Hope it’s salvageable… there was one branch off the main stem that split, I used some twist ties to bring it back up and in place. Don’t even want to go see it right now. Still can’t believe that happened!

3 Likes

Do you think it would be a good idea to give some grow nutes to help heal or will it come back on its own? I’m on just micro and bloom right now

2 Likes

i would just keep doing what youre doing with the nutes. brace the broken bits if you can and let her be. maybe dial the fans back for a day or two. i once fell over an entire 4x4 tent worth of plants, and through the grace of duct tape and a little pampering, they all survived. yours look to be in better condition than the ones in my story, so id say your odds of survival are good

2 Likes

I have no clue no that. Ive never done anything special other than a half assed splint. The plant just fixes itself. I would expect to see some slowed growth while its healing, but I doubt there is any thing else you need - assuming the plant is happy with its current feed.

2 Likes

Damm sorry to hear the bad news , To change the subject how was Jamaica haven’t been in 5 years now sure miss it!

1 Like

Really sorry man :confused: Thats one of the many things that scares me as well. that my light will drop on the plants. good luck.

Advanced nutrients have a solution named REVIVE which is specialy designed to heal damaged plants. this might help…

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone. It seems the plant has recovered well after the accident with the light… I splinted and tied the broken stems with success it seems.
Took some time away from posting just to not overthink and let things happen. Didn’t change anything with the nutes, just some extra LIFTA.

6 Likes

Just a few to share

6 Likes

12 days since my last post and things are bulking up well. Should be flushing in a week or so but I’m not really sure if it’ll be ready by then. This plant broke ground on nov 18th and started to flower around Jan 1st so is been around 13 weeks since it started and 7 weeks into flower. When I started this venture I thought it would be a quicker process of 8 weeks start to finish. Having and needing patience is an understatement when describing this journey lol

Here are a couple pics from earlier today

4 Likes

Quick update… plant is flushing at the moment.
Really recovered well from when the light fell on it.
Just thought I’d give y’all a update. Happy Friday!

5 Likes

Day 104

Today was harvest day. Took a couple hours to chop and trim the big leaves and now it’s all hanging for a week or so. Temp is 68f and humidity is at 55% in the drying room. Looking forward to next weekend when she’s ready for the jars! I’d like to thank everyone that checked out, commented and helped with this grow! It’s a great community of growers we have here. So thanks a bunch!

4 Likes

Update: after drying and 6 hours of trimming I was able to weigh the produce and was amazed to add it all up and see 10.5oz total! Thanks again for all the grow help everyone! The biggest bud was 12.4grams

9 Likes