First indoor attempt.

Welcome to OG @Lobstah :wave: Glad to have you here.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

These are Wedding Cake.
Not clones, grown from seed.

1 Like

now all I can hear is the B52’s in my head… rock lobstah!!! ahem.
So what kind of lights are they in terms of wattage? The plants look normal enough to me and have met all blooming targets so far. No little male pollen sacks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Taken this morning. 4wks on 12/12

I trim more lower growth every morning. So now I guess I just wait and hope that the pistals stay white while the buds continue to grow…

3 Likes

Another question on trimming…
Another friend who’s grown for quite awhile is adamant that you have to trim every leaf that has a red or purple stem.
I asked him why, and he said “You just do.”
Anyone heard of this?..is there any science behind it?
You just do isn’t very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I hear it too!

Sounds like “bro science” to me. Bruce Bugbee has a great talk about optimal parameters for growing.

3 Likes

Dr Bugsby has many videos worth watching, he is kinda monotone but its worth seeing

3 Likes

Welcome @Lobstah! You came to a great place my friend, here exists all the info you need to learn about growing. I don’t even duck duck go my questions, everything is here and then some. Are you looking to get a tent? Or you can build your own cabinet out of existing furniture and whatnot. Your plant looks ok to me! I too am curious what wattage your LED lighting is and how far from the plant top it is.

2 Likes

I played the unsubstantiated claims game with his videos, but I had to take a break because he wasn’t making any. Fascinating stuff even though the production values aren’t super duper. You can take his knowledge to the bank. He just looks like someone’s uncle with crazy hair and wild ideas lol! that’s not what’s important though :wink:

2 Likes

This is not sound advice. No truth to that at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the info BB…

Is it possible that when I did a fairly major trim last week that I shocked my gurlz? I haven’t seen much more bud development since then. Maybe just a bit of growth today…but hard to tell.
Definitely looks stalled to me…

Lob

1 Like

Probably, it’s not uncommon for plants to be a bit shocked after trim. How bout we leave em alone for the rest of this flowering. Next time do most of your trimming prior to flower. This way there is no stress or stall during flower.

1 Like

So it looks like buds are starting to fill in a bit, finally …

5 Likes

I noticed yesterday that the temp in my little “grow” room was peaking at 65deg, so I turned on a small space heater that I was running on “fan” mode to boost that a bit.
Today it’s at 82deg. Just turned it back to fan only for now.

1 Like

it’s ideal at 72F/22C at 45% humidity. Creates a green zone VPD for the plants of all sizes.

Things are starting to fill in a bit…

Should I trim more leaves, or just quit dicking with it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok…Now I have issues. I think I’ve lost one of my two gurlz.

2 days ago, one of the 2 plants had 6-8 leaves that were curled. I assumed it was dry, so gave it about 3/4gal of water. Today, whole plant is wilted.

Here’s a shot of the sister, right beside that one, that’s basically had the exact same treatment in terms of water, nutes, and light. You can see the wilted plant in the background.

Hate losing a plant at this stage. Guess I’ll grab some of the larger buds and cure them out just to see what we’ve got.

Lob

2 Likes

Have a good look at the roots after you take it down.

Cheers
G

I’ve been reading more and more…I don’t think this is a watering issue. None of the leaves drooped or turned color.
I’m starting to think it’s the oscillating fan I have up there. Small fan, but just blows on that one plant.

I spin the plants 1/4 turn every morning, and I used to swap the positions of the two plants every week. They’re so big now that I stopped swapping them, so that one plant has been taking the output of the fan nonstop. I think it dried the leaves out, even though there was plenty of moisture in the soil.

2 Likes

The extreme pruning method is called “schwazzing” in which you remove almost every leaf at day one of flower and again at day 20.