First indoor seed run Spirit Train

I chopped the plants up yesterday after hanging for for elven days in 63% humidity. They are very sticky, I was not expecting that with all the seeds in the buds.

Female 1 had a hollow stalk, Females 2 and 7 had a much smaller hollow space, females 3 and 9b had solid stalks. When cutting the stalks they all had the same smell dill pickle, varnish with hints of the smell you get when running lumber through a planer or sander.

The buds have a pleasant sweet smell. Its not really a floral or fruit smell at this point. I may jar a few buds to see what the finale smell of the buds will be.

Plant 1

Plant two and seven looked like this

Now what is the best way to get the seeds out of sticky buds?

15 Likes

I have a few seeds now. I still have a couple ounces of dried flower to go through for seeds. Would there be any interest in these seeds? If so who do I send them to for distribution?

Here is most of what I have gone through taking out the green seeds and I hope the tiny seeds. I have tired old eyes that miss those tiny seeds mixed in with the others.

25 Likes

To have these distributed you’ll need to ask someone on @TeamOG to wikify your thread if you think you have seeds that will support 75 TL3 users and 75 TL3 users. If not, you’ll need to reduce the sign up numbers, or maybe just distribute on your own
For any future seed runs, you’ll need to get approval if you want to use the distributors (more info about that here.)

[Here’s how the co-op works] in general (How does the Co-op Boxes work - #3)
There have been recent changes to seed distribution, so I also recommend checking out the new announcement.

Edit: have you germ tested those beans yet?

10 Likes

What is that? Like 10,000? Nice haul! :+1:

2 Likes

They wouldn’t qualify for the Co-op. But, he can do a sign-up and distribute them their self.

Not really changes, just the voting to make sure they met the original rules for a co-op box distribution.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Ah, okay @G-paS . I was under the impression that seed runs begun prior to the new system would still qualify, and that only new seeds runs had to be voted on.

4 Likes

You are right, mate.
I’ll see if we can get it passed for the co-op boxes - have you finished the run or still running them.?
:facepunch:

Gaz

3 Likes

They are finished. I followed this run and think they are a great strain.

6 Likes

That is correct @HeadyBearAdventures . We are currently discussing this particular run. This was just a grow journal in the diaries section and never in the Co-op section, has no sign up and I never saw any indication that it was to be distributed. That is why there is some discussion needed.

Also for future reference when these questions come up tag the coopactiongroup and not TeamOG as we are the ones dealing with this.

6 Likes

The seeds wont be wasted if they do not qualify for distribution or are not wanted. The seeds are two generations removed from the F1 stock.

I cant be sending out dozens of packs through the mail or I would do a sign up myself. I have a couple friends who come by that are licensed growers who like to breed their own lines. They have other family and friends who are also licensed growers that the seeds can be passed around to continue the genetics.

I do not want to count the seeds but I would guess there is enough for 75 people to get a few seeds each.

16 Likes

Much obliged my guy! So if I’m understanding correctly: going forward, the action group will be responsible for making user threads into wikis when the breeder is ready for that. Is that right?

1 Like

Technically you need a member of TeamOG to make a wiki out of someone else’s post but @G-paS is a member so she has that power :slight_smile: She is super helpful bud so I am sure she can do that for a user since she is also be a member of the action group.

1 Like

I would be very happy to add a wiki to any thread. If anybody needs it done you can click on @coop and click on my name to message. @coopactiongroup

6 Likes

Hey @SEMOActivist , being as how this was not a Co-op you will need to package the seeds into individual packages before sending them in for distribution however we will distribute them for you if you do that. Are you good with that?

2 Likes

Can I use plastic centrifuge tubes with a snap cap?

8 Likes

Yes, that would work. That’s the same thing Nube did with the Cheech Wizard.

4 Likes

Nice bag of seeds :upside_down_face: Respect :+1: you dont need to count them… just count how many seeds are in 1gram and then weight the bag :dizzy: and multiply it :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Wiki is Open folks.

12 Likes

Thanks for doing this run @SEMOActivist . I sort of followed along as you were doing it, but I just went back through the thread to refresh. Good work!

4 Likes

Wow, can’t believe those popped, 3 decades?!?

Edit* i was comfused, i thought those had sprouted, i see this is from the f2 run!
Thanks for this, super excited!

@SEMOActivist

3 Likes