First indoor seed run Spirit Train

For now I have two 55 watt cobs, one Spider Farmer SF-1000 and a 240watt lincool bar style LED in an AC Infinity 4x4 tent with AC infinity cloudline 4 inch fan and carbon filter. I have a 270 watt UPDAYDAY UD-4000 light arriving tomorrow.

My first seed run is Spirit Train F2 from @Sebring. Monday night I put 8 seeds in a wet paper towel. This morning 7 of them 8 had a half inch or a little longer tap root. I planted all 8 in solo cups with happy frog soil.

I am hoping to add at least one plant from six seeds from the early 1990s that I soaked and put in a paper towel at the same time. None of them are cracking yet.

First timers please read this:

How does the Co-op Boxes work

TL#3 (regular)

1. @middleman :us:
  2. @ShiskaberrySavior :canada:
  3. @DougDawson :canada:
  4. @SensiBowl :canada:
  5. @Kami :us:
  6. @DesertHeartGardens :us:
  7. @Cormoran :us:
  8. @buckaroobonsai :us:
  9. @HappyTrees23s :us:
  10. @4ftfarmer :us:
  11. @Sasquatch :us:
  12. @potpotpot :us:
  13. @bassman5420 :us:
  14. @Jinglepot :canada:
  15. @BeagleZ :us:
  16. @CrunchBerries :us:
  17. @HeadyBearAdventures :us:
  18. @Emeraldgreen :us:
  19. @deeez99 :us:
  20. @PetalPowerseed :us:
  21. @Greenbhoy :uk:
  22. @Hydro921 :us:
  23. @Gaz29 :uk: .
  24. @Dirtron :us:
  25. @DrGonzo13 :us:
  26. @Cbizzle :us:
  27. @Loggershands :canada:
  28. @BasementBeans :canada:
  29. @FattyRoots :australia:
  30. @the_bot :mexico:
  31. @SaintAliasKnife :us:
  32. @misterbee :us:
  33. @GMan :us:
  34. @VAhomegrown :us:
  35. @Granola :canada:
  36. @alwaysnoob --Asia–
  37. @George :es:
  38. @jessethestoner :canada:
  39. @Abbbian :brazil:
  40. @moka :us:
  41. @royal :canada:
  42. @Kabuddha :us:
  43. @Gizmo :us:
  44. @Stankonia :us:
  45. @Limeflavouredheadbut :uk:
  46. @Pigeonman :canada:
  47. @Greenfingers :us:
  48. @highminwin :us:
  49. @Groenevingers :belgium:
  50. @DJSF :us:
  51. @Jango :new_zealand:
  52. @Maddawg :us:
  53. @Dirtron :us:
  54. @Gpaw :canada:
  55. @BigMike55 :us:
  56. @catapult :us:
  57. @CanuckistanPete :canada:
  58. @api312 :us:
  59. @oldtimerunderground :canada:
  60. @other_barry :us:
  61. @keene :us:
  62. @Kami :us:
  63. @PetalPowerseed
  64. @Sasquatch :us:
  65. @50State :canada:
  66. @kushking902 :canada:
  67. @Moka :us:
  68. @yardgrazer :us:
  69. @Shanti-ri :brazil:
  70. @NorthNorthNugs :canada:
  71. @sprinklememaynee :canada:
  72. @Rhino_buddy :us:
  73. @ MrWizard :us:
  74. @Meesh :us:
  75. @Foreigner :canada:
    76+
    Do not add numbers sign up in TL2

TL2 (member)
1, @Dr.VitaminGreen :us:
2, @blkmetal :us:
3, @BorderTownBud :us:
4, @Kcity87 :us:
5, @pharmerfil :us:
6. @Green_Light :us:
7. @cranio :new_zealand:
8. @GCC.Bud :eu:
9. @Faithisyours :eu:
10.@mainerJ :us:
11. @tresbundles :us:
12. @Metz2 :us:
13. @stanknugzz77 :us:
14. @imstinky :us:
15. @wny61 :us:
16. @donuchee :us:
17. @pharmerfil :us:
18. @gratefulned :us:
19. @Murciano207 :ceuta_and_melilla:
20. @Lithbaine :us:
21. @Slammedsonoma420 :us:
22. @thecrazster :us:
23. @Skunkworks :us:
24. @Heavenlygoo :us:
25. @mufafa :eu:
26. @THCeed :canada:
27. @MyLittleGrundle :us:
28. @imstinky :us:
29. @Kasper0909 :us:
30. @Tracker :us:
31. @Cannasseur :canada:
32. @Yetigrows :canada:
33. @bigbluedog360 :us:
34. @Tao :us:
35. @Hashton_Kusha :us:
36. @SleepySails :us:
37. @Colby :can
38. @OGTreeSlayer :us:
39. @KanehB :canada:
40. @Banquo :us:
41. @UncleLemur :us:
42. @No_chem :us:
43. @Magrowers :us:
44. @ssavagesmoker1467 :us:
45. @Flex420 :eu:
46. @AZsensi :us:
47. @unomas :us:
48.@themouse1967! :us:
49. @Randar :us:
50. @BCC :us:
51. @Pannonian :eu:
52. @Knifeman :us:
53.@urbs :us:
54.@SHSC-1 :canada:
55. @Sincitytoker :us:
57.@laquiqa :us:
58. @Klyphman :us:
59. @Carty :us:
60. @LonelyOC :eu:
61. @ChongoBongo
62. @Hidden :us:
63. @Ftlob :canada:
64. @mndlss :eu:
65. @repins12 :us:
66. @herojuana.tom :us:
67. @Hapi :us:
68. @thenasty1 :us:
69. @Bow4Buck :us:
70. @patsnumone :us:
71. @Oldguy :canada:
72. @Zolorp :us:
73. @anhthormap :us:
74. @CruJones :us:
75. @Greenup :us:
DO NOT ADD NUMBERS

115 Likes

Spirit Train is supposed to be a great strain, best of luck with your grow.

14 Likes

Best of luck on your first grow. It looks like you have already done a lot of work to get everything set up and ready to grow.
:+1::seedling:

13 Likes

Agreed! Have fun with it, and be open to learning by experience.
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

10 Likes

Good luck! Looks like your well ahead of the game.
I’ll be tagging along

5 Likes

Hopping in for the ride! Looks like a really well put together rig. I’m sure lots of really happy plants are gonna call it home. Keep us updated on those oldies!!

3 Likes

Setup looks rad man!! Your gonna knock this grow out of the park! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If you have humic acid soaking those hard to sprout seeds might give them a kick start another thing you can try is 24 hr freezer prior to soaking .

4 Likes

I started reading grow journals here in early 2020 and I paid attention to peoples setups. Then in early 2021 I started looking for coupon codes, deals and sales. It took me most of the year but I found everything for a fraction of the normal cost. The LinCool Light was the best deal I found. I bought the light for $44.50, 50% coupon code plus another $100 off for an Amazon coupon.

13 Likes

The seeds have been in a film cannister(OLD SCHOOL) inside a jar in a footlocker in my basement for nearly three decades. So they may be dead by now.

I soaked them for twelve hours in a hydrogen Peroxide + water solution( 1ml Peroxide 10 ml water) for 12 hours. Then in the wet paper towel in a plastic bowel being held above my modem a couple of inches for warmth and the condensation buildup on the lid to keep the paper towel moist.

Please excuse the dust buildup on the rails on the bottom drawer. I dont take those drawers out often enough to dust.

19 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Dig the first start. Also excited to see what the bag seed brings.

4 Likes

Nice set up. Looks like you got it. Inside is a little different. Leds suck it up. They love the light. Big room like that air flow is very important. I’m sure you know. Good luck my friend. You said 4x4 man I can’t find my glasses. I thought it was a house. No bs. Again nice setup. These people are here to help. They love it. If I can help I’m around. Better hands here than me.

3 Likes

Eight for eight on germinating the Spirit Train from Sebring I am using happy frog for the seedlings. These seedlings were seeds a week ago. They went into the dirt four days ago with nothin more than a small tap root pocking out of the seed

One might not make it. It still has the seed shell stuck to it. The solo cup in the back middle. And another one that is a straggler and is just breaking the soil.

23 Likes

Let’s Hope for the best.Also,if the seed Shell Is Stuck you can try to free the plant with tweezers

6 Likes

Give it a nice fine mist to soften the shell, and it might shed that helmet on it’s own… Failing that, the tweezers often work.

9 Likes

Ive been misting the seed. Part of the shell fell off last night. The other half of the shell is stuck on good and molded around the cotyledon. I tried removing it with tweezer but it was a no go.

4 Likes

As long as it’s only on the cotyledon or stem, it’ll be fine. You can remove it in a couple days if you want, when the sprout is a little stronger and can handle being messed with a bit

5 Likes

Im having problems with low humidity. It is causing the leaves to twist and wrinkle on the seedlings. Its the curse of using natural gas heat it sucks all the moisture form the house. Overall I think the seedlings are doing well.

The one that had the shell stuck to one side lost the first leaf. It is stunted but is recovering.

The eight seed I killed by accident. I didnt have my glasses on when I was planting the sprouted seeds and it must have stuck to my finger. I found that seed dried out on top of the soil a couple days later. I dropped another seed in the cup this time with my glasses on. That seed had twins.

For a seed run what size pots should I use for the final planting and how long to vegetate them?

21 Likes

I like going to 5.5" square pots (about 100 cubic inches) from the solo cups and then up-pot to 1 gallon bags for the boys and 5 gallon cloth pots for the girls at flower.
I pollinate at week three of flower and allow minimum of 6 weeks after that for seed development.

Cheers
G

9 Likes