First Octopot Grow!

Is there such thing as an “octopot” diy? Is there a diy thread for this type of system? Or do you just need some proprietary valve or something and then you can make an “octopot” out of any container or something?

3 Likes

There is a few threads here in dyi Octopot

And a mini one avail on Amazon with sim modifications

the ZUOZUOYA Store

4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 13 Reviews

Self Watering System for Potted Plants- 2 Pack Automatic Water Suction with Humidity Sensor - Flower Pot Great for House,Office,Garden and Yard

2 Likes

I did exactly that when I first saw 75 RH 3 weeks into flower.

Everything below the net is gone and yes a big 12" oscillating fan on the bottom, 2 in each hole on the top of the tent, 1 blowing in and 1 pulling out and both 6" side holes on each side on the bottom are open.

2 Likes

No valve, nothing special, it’s just their cloth bag with a large wick basket at the bottom. If you checked them daily you wouldn’t even need the PVC bobber.

2 Likes

I was confusing octopot with autopot. I realize now, after looking into it a bit.

Edit: I was trying to see how it’s put together. And I’m sure people have already thought of and done this, but one of those “net pot lids” for 5gal dwc buckets would be perfect. Just cut/drill holes or slots in the “lid”/top part of the netpot lid. Get some fabric for the “sleeve”, make into a sleeve, and put into a short 3gal bucket (same diameter as the 5gal ones) or cut down a 5gal bucket. Put modified netpot lid down into the sleeved bucket (net part should rest on bottom of sleeved bucket). Obviously have to install a fill pipe through netpot lid, or side of bucket bottom, or something.

I always get tempted to “diy” things. Anyway, this sounds pretty cool. I’d wanna try with coco/perlite if anything.

4 Likes

@Nitt Octopots are not new, but the DIY mini octo-pups started here:

4 Likes

Stacking up nicely. She’s at just over 5 wks into flower here…

11 Likes

Oh yeah look at the beast in the tent ( I mean the plant not you lol)

Awesome work

Just a short time there will be bud in jars

Paps

4 Likes

My favorite grow so far…because of the last grow lol. No stress or impatience this time about running out. 12 - 64oz mason jars of bud and 4 more 64oz jars with the bottom larfy bud in it that I’m using for edibles…those have become a regular thing now.

4 Likes

Great to hear!!! I struggle to have a stockpile but it’s a lot easier with Octopots in your garden

Great job

4 Likes

very nice ! great grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noticing some fox-tailing on many of the buds, PH is 6.2, no other issues showing, PPFD is 600, I turned it down from about 800 and lights are about 15 inches from the tops…any ideas? Could the strain just be susceptible to fox-tailing?

1 Like

I don’t see anything that would concern me
: )

Next time put net on them at day 14-21 of flip , or move net up , the nets primary role is too support the later colas , spreading the canopy is second : )

Great grow : )

3 Likes

Thanks. it’s pretty much the past 5 days that I noticed the foxtailing on many of the tops. Here’s a couple pics from now…

3 Likes

5 Likes

not bad really. thought it was too much light but 600 ppfd seems way to low at this stage. I turned it down from about 800 when I saw the fox tailing.

That’s probably genetic : )
The type of foxtailing that we take note of is later in flower when buds have already fattened and the plant dosnt finish
And keeps firing foxtails

4 Likes

ahh ok, thx again man. the last plant did it but only on the bottom, the lower larfy stuff. Does the lower small bud area have more tendency to fox tail?

Picture the roots pumping all the fluid nutes and hormones into plant

This all gets pumped to the tops of the plant first ( to the plant the tops are the most important, survival ) then as pressure increases it builds up workin it’s way down the plant , so very lowest buds get little light little food little hormones so they not solid and chunky and look foxtailish , that’s just larf : )

The way the pressure builds in plant from top then working it’s way down gradually in plant after watering
That’s why the pressure of over watering shows on top of plant first ( curling heavy leafs ) and the curling works its way down the plant

And if underwatered the leafs drop at the bottom first and then drooping works up the plant ( survival keeping most important tops from wilting ) kind of

Hard to put in words but when penny drops it’s easy too visualise the internal motion : )

I can reword that to make it clearer if needed , I can waffle abit : )

11 Likes

Stacking up nicely…

12 Likes