First Octopot Grow!

You will learn to hate trimming larf. A good defol is your friend :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ll be hanging the bottom half tomorrow or Monday and yeah I’m already thinking the same.

The one below … Peanut Butter OGKush…I didn’t even think was going to make it, it was just in a dark corner of the tent beneath the gorilla cookie Auto …after 2 1/2 weeks in the octo and some LST, it has taken off nicely.

I flipped it to 12/12 a few days ago and now I’m thinking I might want to veg it more, what are the pros or cons that you know of if I flipped it back to bed for another month? Thx

5 Likes

Dried and jarred, the Gorilla Cookie auto filled up 3, 64oz mason jars and the Banana Sherbert tops filled 13, 64oz jars. Super happy with them both.

The Gorilla Cookie hits like a train, sometimes we can taste the cookie side and others, the Gorilla glue comes thru nicely.

Looks like another week and the bottoms of the Banana Sherbet will be jarred…so much trimming! :joy:

The Peanut Butter OG Kush is doing well, she’s about.8 days into flower. Topped it once and lots of LST…new net for the tent should be here any day.

10 Likes

looking nice and healthy!!!

1 Like

Great job brother

2 Likes

thx man, time to try making edibles :slight_smile:

yeah man! not sure how, this was an extra I tossed in a pot and was sitting in a dark corner of the tent below the Gorilla Cookie. It looked like shit after nearly 6 weeks, small spindly and I figured I’d be tossing it but said hell with it and when the Octo was free’d up I planted it. It had a great root structure, but was showing the complete opposite in the 7g cloth pot it was in.

A week after moving it to the Octo, tiny roots were popping out all over the bottom thru the plastic ring that goes around the wick basket, when I saw that, I filled the Octo all the way to the top so the tips of all those roots were touching the water but just below the bottom of the bag, I was afraid I’d make it too wet. A few days later I took the pic above.

2 Likes

Nice work @blkbelt65! Congrats on the bountiful harvest. enjoyed reading the thread. Tincture is the simplest way i’ve found to handle the lowers overflow. 240F for 40min then alcohol wash. I reclaim ~ 80% of the alcohol with a stil and evaporate the rest to resin. Makes excellent body cream and gummies.

I’ve scaled back to 1 gallon üOctos in an attempt to grow smaller plants. I have failed at it. Now I’m just keeping tops. all else gets tinctured.

note. autorefil is amazing.

5 Likes

octos seem to such a good job!! fantastic! looking forward to see what a kind of beauty she’ll be! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The Peanut Butter OGKush is doing well, about 2 wks into flower flip.
First time trimming up the lower half/lollipoping

First try… :rofl: Infusing could be very very dangerous! :rofl:
I used about 10g of the banana sherbert flower and infused with cooking oil(it’s all we had, going to pick up Coconut Oil tomorrow and give gummies a try… more decarbing now.

We each ate half of 1 cookie about 30m. ago, have no idea what effect they’ll have, we’ve never done edibles, just smoked.

Thoughts on the first grow is after only about 2 wks of curing - both frosty AF and tasty but the Gorilla Cookie hits crazy! 1 hit and I’m rollin.

8 Likes

First time trying an edible …the cookies were friggin awesome, couldn’t smell anything different. 1/2 a cookie gave a really mellow 4 hr high. I only added 3 tsp of the oil into a normal cookie mix.

4 Likes

Peanut butter OG Kush coming right along, moving into week 3

Also ended up with 4 full 64 oz. mason jars from the lower half of the banana sherbet photos.

Expecting the sunflower lecithin today to make gummies or at least try to :rofl:, I couldn’t find it at any local stores. I found several online that said you could substitute xanthium gum, nope! that didn’t work at all, turned it into like a blob …complete waste.

5 Likes

Bigger by the day!

13 Likes

wow what 4 days can do in growth! lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 more days… Several of the tops are more than a foot and a 1/2 from the net now. She’s not stopping!

13 Likes

the growth rate is crazy! octos for the win ! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They go Boom :boom: lol :joy:

The continuous feed really makes them grow big !

And octo’s are so much more efficient never guess when to water or how much

Just feed them all the time and see what they do

Amazing aren’t they

Thanks for sharing

Paps

5 Likes

Looking great! The Octopots made all the difference in the world. Thanks for sharing your work

2 Likes

Plants look stellar and that yield….bro….epic!

1 Like

Thx. They just don’t stop growing, never seen anything like it in soil.

This one is drinking more than a gallon a day. I put in a full gallon this morning and the meter is almost to the bottom, after 7 hrs.

I trimmed up the bottom quite a bit I’ve been battling high humidity on this one.

8 Likes