First R/O system help

I recently got my First Ro system.It Is an Aquarium System with a 75gpd rating,It has 3 stages.I used It with my main idraulic pump turned off because It wastes a lot of electricity in the Bill,and It Is running so slow,drop by drop,producin a lot of waste water.So I bought a booster pump because I noticed when using It with the main pump activated the water pressure was very strong and It gave me like 1:2-,1:3 waste water to Osmosis water.Was It a good Idea to buy the 75gpd booster pump?Will It run a good pressure like the main pump of my house?

I Need It to produce 12 liters at day for my Coco waterings.

1 Like

run the water into a large covered trash can just fill it and water from there you wont have to use the extra pump

4 Likes

The extra pump Is because my system (Ro) Is very slow without Electric powering my house water pump.That Is why I ordered It.
@olschool

2 Likes

There should be a pressure guage with a green mark showing the optimum pressure needed for efficient ro production. I think mine is between 40 and 60 psi for optimum. You got the booster pump. Just use it and see how it works for you. Sounds like you will make your water needed in short order. Also like mentioned already, a resevoir to hold your ro water is needed with a float valve or you will have to sit there to fill up your water needed or time it

6 Likes

Don’t forget to get a float valve

4 Likes

I don’t know how to set It up :frowning:
@Lorax17

1/4 inch Tube Float Valve Kit for RO Water Reverse Osmosis System water filter Push in to Connect Pipe Hose Tube Fittings CCK tube(ball valve +L+15 feet pipe) (blue) https://a.co/d/1RtCNNR
Just drill a 1/4 inch hole near the top of your reservoir
Stick the float in tighten the other side and pipe it over from the ro system picked the one I linked because it shows the other parts u might need like the compression fitings

2 Likes
1 Like

RO systems are tunable by the size of the waste restriction valve. Quality membranes work better. Dupont Filmtec can be found for a good price. You probably should have bought a permeate pump.

You can find accumulator tanks pretty cheap if you look around. Quality 6 gallon tanks are 60 bucks. 75gpd would take an hour to fill that with a permeate pump. Will hold 5.5g. 3/8" line from tanks to faucet would be a nice upgrade.

2 Likes

Permeate Is not the booster pump then,shit…I already bought it

Most RO systems work best at a specific psi range. I just found that out when my feed line got gunked up.

Try your pump. If it works, you may have to change the filters more often, but good water is a big deal.

2 Likes

Your house pressure is too low, the reason for the pump?

1 Like

Without the main house water pump activated Yes.Thay Is why I ordered Booster pump
@SativaKid

I worked in RO almost 30 years ago, when it was still new.

1 Like

Technically above a certain pressure, no city water system even reaches half of the best pressure for RO. But the house systems are engineered for lower pressure.

2 Likes

A booster pump with the same GPD of the Osmosis system GDP rating Is the best I can do right?
@SativaKid

I’ve engineered RO Systems and it depends on your components. But emptying into a zero pressure vessel like a tank. Then running the system by a switch on/off. This switch will turn on an inline pump. This will boost the pressure up to a better pressure. BTW what is the pressure of your water before boosting?

2 Likes

I don’t know,have no means to calculate It actually,the only thing I can give you is a hint:my tap comes with a slow flow and the system keeps wasting more water without the house pump on while the filtered water Just drips drop by drop.
@SativaKid

Get small pump capable of increasing the low pressure and just run it from a switch and fill a tank. Without being there I really can’t give good advice.

1 Like

The optimum pressure with RO is close to the max pressure the manufacturer suggests.

1 Like