Humic/fulvic only acids x Hard tap water

Hi guys,this Is my water report.I managed to pull an harvest in my First Coco coir DTW run,also an immense solo Cup along with those two plants…but having lot of what seems to be calcium or potassium issues on leaves.Very severe.
I used canna A+B only.
I thought Humic or fulvic could help me with this hard water.Anyone Who knows about water quality can you tag him please?Would adding something like fulvic or humic help with this water?

Edit-during Summer,right now,the Ec are 0.5-6 from tap,during Winter It was 0.4-5

11 Likes

In spite of having poor water you produced great results. :+1:

Instead of adding more to the water I’d suggest you look at a Reverse Osmosis filter system and remove the junk. You don’t need large and fancy, have a look at what they would use for an aquarium setup.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

It Is out of my reach atm,because I have no attachment in my house and should call a plumber to install a new line :frowning:
Is there any other possibility except diluting with distilled?
@Gpaw

1 Like

To help you narrow down my issue,here what I keep having6032837_0f67080db6e7dca7c7e78f343eeb1ba3_m 6032832_a42f857ea927fedcaa3e7bef5a1462ac_m

1 Like

Distilled is great, I was just thinking about the quantity you might need for a DTW setup.
Usually the installation isn’t too difficult (depending on the plumbing involved).
You need to tap into the water line and then into the drain line. Under a sink is ideal location.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Under the sink should be a good thing,but with a lever to switch It Off and on maybe.
Thank you for your help and your words
:heart:
@Gpaw

5 Likes

You grow looks really good for what you have been working with. Your water is probably also PH balanced and those chemicals are very hard to get a stablized PH for plants. I also suggest RO water. But while you wait to get everything setup, its better to switch over to PH buffered soil. You wont get perfect results though.

You have multiple deficiencies thats probably caused by PH all over the place. The plant will start to lock out nutes(pic nr 2) and If you add more and more nutes the lockout will instead go over to nute burns, which i see in pic nr 1 on the real bad leaves.

Hope it help :pray:t2:
Pz

4 Likes

Try a ‘zero water’ filter !!
As good as R.O-- BUT takes a while to filter more than just a couple gallons… worth it tho…
We have no drain to use a reverse osmosis filter…so out of the question for us.

5 Likes

Wait wait wait,so I could use a 0 water filter?Really?
@Lady.Zandra63

1 Like

Looks like a good idea but each filter will last for max 30 gallons, you will have to make numbers … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

exactly what @Gpaw said… RO is a game changer. I’m pretty DIY savvy except for plumbing not much expertise there… but I managed to install a system by myself in a couple hours (took my time so i wouldn’t eff anything up lol). you don’t need an attachment most kits come with any adapters you need. I went tankless due to space and it being in my kitchen for daily use as well. but a much smaller system would suffice like an aquarium system.

Changed my whole game… highly reccomended especially if you’re in the synthetic game.

4 Likes

I could Just use 1/2 gallon filtered to dilute the tap since I have only 4-6 plants in 1-2gal pots with drippers and Coco coir.It should suffice

2 Likes

That would be best, but if you have an extra garden spicket open, you can use one of these to hook up an RO unit:

ESHIONG Hose Bib Quick Connect Adapter for RO ( Reverse Osmosis ) water filter,NSF Certified 3/4" Female Thread to 1/4" OD Push to Connect Plastic ro Fittings .(Pack 6) - - Amazon.com

They also come in brass.

2 Likes

Yep-- the one we bought came with 2 replacement filters for about $80… so good for about 90 gallons… the filters run about $10 each, depending on where you get them!

2 Likes

Outdoors?? Wouldn’t it freeze in colder climates??

3 Likes

Would you switch filter when It shows only 6ppm?How do you use Them?What Is your tap water ppm out of tap?
Forgive me for all those questions

1 Like

Our house water (well water) varies depending on rain… we use it because of possible contaminates from nearby farms…
Our water is usually a TDS under a hundred, with a pH of 7-8.5
The zero filter actually takes water to zero…just like R.O… I’d not use it past 10…
If your household water is- say, 250 and you mix it 50/50 even with waterat10-- that still brings it down to 125 per gallon… which is considered ‘soft’ water… Others would lower it further- depending on what you add to it.

2 Likes

Basically my tap Is 0.5-0.6 EC during summer and 7,5 pH, diluting could be a good practice since I only have 1 gallon pots(X6) in Coco coir,which if you fertigate with high rates only Need 10% water volume runoff.Translated It means I have a Little 15 liters reservoir that I can dilute with zero water output and keep going a long time,before having to switch filter I think…
Obviously I would like an under sink R/O bit don’t have the time and Money atm to buy a GOOD ONE.Would you see It working this way?
@Lady.Zandra63

I think using 1/3-1/2 filtered would help…though will not get the same results as 100% filtered/R.O… you’ll have to look at the individual nutes you use, and the recommended water for each-- the mix rates will change as the waters ec/ppm changes… what works in hard water won’t work the same in partially filtered, and not well in R.O… so you may have to do some calculations on your feeding schedule.

3 Likes

Canna nutes want you to start from a tap water of 0.4 EC,so diluting my tap with zero water should be on point.
@Lady.Zandra63

2 Likes