First time cloning

Got the below cloner and noticed it doesn’t come w a dome, is that necessary? should I run the pump 24/7 or intermittently? Lastly I have a vivaspectra 150w light I was going to use for th cloner. Can I just suspend this from the ceiling above the cloner in an extra room or does it need to all go in a small tent?

8 Likes

I don’t think domes are necessary, but I’ve never used an aeroponic setup. I used to use domes for my cup method, but I’m moving away from that.

1 Like

I don’t use domes.

Tent not required.

4 Likes

No, the dome is not necessary. A 150 watt light is way more than you need. I use a total of 30 watts above my cloner. And mine just sits in an open room.

5 Likes

In my experience , yes.
I have a different brand but 100% roots in 10 days.

2 Likes

I’ll dim it down all the way

2 Likes

Unnecessary.

24/7 is fine, but a cycle timer set to 10 min on/15 min off should be fine too. I usually run all of mine 24/7, but during the summer, the temperature in the reservoirs can get too hot and BN-LINK short period repeat cycle timers definitely help.

Aerocloners are so fucking easy. Just set it and forget it. I love them. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

7 Likes

The only person that said it was useful (this was a couple years back) lived in a dry environment (southern Arizona).

Cheers
G

4 Likes

they are so easy and cheap to build and I definitely didn’t need a dome

4 Likes

Yup that sounds like my last results

2 Likes

Just did my first cloning recently. 100% success rate. No dome and around 50 watts of power. Just let it do it thing it took a couple weeks but once the roots started it was quick. Best of luck

3 Likes

Lol, you beat this Arizona boy to it! :smile:
That wasn’t me, but I was already thinking “Well, it depends on your climate.”
In the desert, something has to be done to maintain humidity!

2 Likes

30 watt T’5s?

1 Like

Aerocloner no domer

1 Like

Figure this will do the trick

4 Likes

Fuck yeah it will …some kind of rooting hormone added to the 45 cut stem will be beneficial IMO
You might wanna do a test run in the tub to see if sprayers are misting equally …or put all the plugs in and peek under them one by one while the sprayer is on !

Nice looking cloner I like that middle handle!

Good luck

Was $70 on Amazon. What are the different color pucks for? I got a few different colors w it

If you’re running different strains they just help you identify one from another a bit easier.

1 Like

i’ve been using the 25 slot for the last month or so. i have made ~20 clones from ~30 cuttings . it is the same thing but less plants and it lets you…makes you use net pots. the ones that didn’t work were from older plants with a lot of bark and i accidentally turned off the pump once. it takes like 3 weeks to get through the bark though and i thought they were done.

1 Like

X two

You dont need much light for clones.

2 Likes