Flexzilla hoses Not so safe?

So I seen Jeremy from build a soil post this info.

I was just curious on what everyone’s thoughts are on this subject. I use nothing but flexzilla in the garden and outside/pool.

I’m debating on swapping out to another brand. Though, who knows if this is only isolated to Flexzilla.

Thoughts? Inquiring minds want to know.

6 Likes

I use the giraffe hose but am switching everything out to pvc and poly.

1 Like

Yeah I’m in the process of setting up drip so it’ll eliminates the hose and I made the switch to stainless steel/brass pump sprayers but damn I’d like to be able to switch to hand watering as an option. I love options. :wink:

1 Like

I know what you mean, for my drip setup I’m making a tee off the filter with a mht connector in case I want to hand water sometimes.

1 Like

I like that idea. I did the same with my rezzy. One side splits to my drip with a fintiler just because clogged emitters suck. The other side to a regular 3/4 mht we’ve been using the hose since my last run but this run will be fully drip.

How do you like those Giraffe hoses comparable to FZ? It’s one of the brands they’re running tests on so hopefully someone comes back with good test numbers.

1 Like

I’ve used the giraffe hose for maybe a year now and haven’t had any issues, I haven’t tried the flexzilla. I will be interested in the results as well.

1 Like

https://store.sodaparts.com/soda-fountain-parts/water-management/food-grade-water-supply-hose-1-2-in-id-50-ft.html

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea right there. I wonder how it would do over time though being clear. I wonder if algae would build up in there. It’d be nice if they sell a solid color hose.

1 Like

True true, here’s an option for that:

To me the only meaningful safety standards are FDA:m/NSF testing but those aren’t foolproof either. I think finding a company based in the US is probably a more reliable way to get safe water supply José, if only because of the civil liability. factor. These are the kinds of hoses I’m used to in industrial/commercial food settings usually. They’re either these ultralight PU ones or the super heavy rubber nursery and factory kind that are real rubber and very thick and stiff, like the Dramm hose referenced in the OP.

2 Likes

Damn… I didn’t even think of those hoses we use them at work. Might be a solid option.

Oh I do like the ones you linked. I may just buy one of those. It’d be nice to have this as an option in case I do want to switch to hand feed instead of drip.

Great option dude!

2 Likes

Great… We use those hoses.

2 Likes

yup everyone I know uses these hoses. They’re great for car washing just not anything else apparently. Sucks I have quite a few of them.

2 Likes

Do you know if that compound targets fungus gnats?

2 Likes

Tiabendazole is used primarily to control mold, blight, and other fungal diseases in fruits (e.g. oranges) and vegetables.

As an antiparasitic, tiabendazole is able to control roundworms (such as those causing strongyloidiasis),[7] hookworms, and other helminth species which infect wild animals, livestock, and humans.[8]

This is what I found real quick about it.

3 Likes

Interesting. Thanks.

2 Likes