Flooring material for shed space

We put our house on the market so I must move grow to outdoor shed. Shed has no floor. Dirt and river rock. There is too much dust from the dirt floor. I’m looking for suggestions as to what i can cover ground with to eleviate the dust and dirt issue. Pallets, more river rocks, cedar mulch, I dunno. I am in tents but environment is dirty.

One of your other major concerns is going to be when you are entering and exiting the space. Now you’re introducing new crawlers and other biology to the room.

I’m in my garage and have that issue. Sorry to hear. Not huge though.

Pallets and plywood with layer of heavy duty plastic sandwiched between palette and plywood? Or maybe some thick black ground cover and create a “basin”? Attach to all walls about a foot or so up.

Good post. Going to get inundated with great ideas.

Cheers

3 Likes

Use some pond liner and just spread it out, go a step further and build a frame to go around your interior and attach it. As long as the floor is flat, but that stuff is mighty strong. Good luck

3 Likes

What do you think of the cedar mulch idea? Doesn’t cedar repel pests?

2 Likes

@oleskool830 pretty sure it does at least I know he won’t have a moth problem :joy: , and it has a great moisture resistance and will outlast any other mulch by a long shot

1 Like

These are the materials that I already have that might be of use.
2 rolls of roofing “felt”
Tarps
Pallets
Some rolls of old carpet
I don’t have a lot of bread right now but time’s a wasting. I so appreciate your help my fellow OGs!

1 Like

From the bottom… palettes, carpet, roofing felt, tarp.

Going to be those slots, so you could bust a couple apart. Tough work getting the planks off without cracking/splitting them, to fill in the gaps. Obviously try to make it flat as possible. No condescension there.

The cedar mulch should be helpful for sure. Tried a aphid killer last summer called annihilation that had cedar oil in it. Only used it on tomatoes, but it seemed to work.

Do it! It will be better then what ya have and you already have what you need… If life was always so simple

Cedar mulch 110% or woodchips.

I think I’m going to go with cedar mulch and see how it does. At 3 or 4 inches deep it will help level the floor. Tents on pallets on top of cedar. Watcha think @lotus710?

1 Like

That would work perfect.

Thanks bro. I just needed to hear it from someone else! Off to Home Depot! My goal is to get it all done and dunk beans this weekend. But, I’m old and high so that may be optimistic. Lol

3 Likes

I bet you can do it. And itll be great once its done. You could throw down compost and make it a whole garden;)

3 Likes

No-till shed! Leave it to the no-till hippie! :laughing:

3 Likes

they have rubber mats to put in horse pens to keep them from standing on a hard surface i use them in my dog pens easy to wash off and move around.

1 Like