Flower Power Saturday

The girls were looking especially photogenic this morning so I took some pics and thought I’d share them. I never get tired of watching the babies grow and develop.

15 Likes

Your girls are looking great @Kingmambo!!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thank you sir. They are finishing nicely but testing my patience. Not because they’re bad or anything I just get all itchy close to harvest.

Then, of course, it the choice of what to run next; which seems to be a running dialogue between me and myself! So many options!

1 Like

That’s the fun of it! :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:
What to run next and what tweaks do you want to try.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Some pics from this week. Week 7F and still a ways to go. These are clearly the same but I noticed two clear phenos - 1) Red petioles & less colorful flower, and 2) No Red petioles but much more color in the flower. Six plants; two of #1; four of #2.

Interesting that the two #1s are very strongly lemony while the other four are piney but not like chemical or Pine-Sol.

It should be interesting to see how they finish and smoke.

2 Likes

Great photo work King!
The girls are looking fantastic, you are going to have a great harvest. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thank you sir. I wish I could claim all the talent but I cannot. The models in this case make it easy.

I’ve been experimenting with pictures. You see so much of the flash pictures to highlight the triches but there is so much more beautiful to these plants.

1 Like

Your backgrounds are perfect and great lighting on the trichomes!

I’ve found that I was using flash less and less, it’s OK for some shots but today’s point & shoot cameras can get great shots in normal ambient light most of the time and the shots usually look better than flash (I do use flash when documenting for my notes).
I wish I had a talent for photography but I have been getting a little better.

I started using an old tripod I rescued from auction. Nice little thing, rock steady & works great with point & shoot cameras. My dad stopped using it when he bought a Cannon SLR (too heavy). I found it helped my photos.
It’s a Whithall 8-35A. They are as common as fleas on a dog and dirt cheap. Dead easy to strip down and refurbish too.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks again. Until about ten years ago I was a pretty active photographer but little since. What amazes me is the quality of pics I get considering I am using an iPhone 8+!

I have cameras but I hardly get them out anymore. We’re relocating soon so I’m hesitant to spend time setting up things to get better shots. Once we’re moved I’m definitely going to work to get a permanent photo spot for the plants.

I have a Panasonic smallish camera that has a Zeiss lens and takes great pics. I need to start using that and compare. I’m consistently amazed by the colours these plants produce. Such an amazing array of beauty! Cheers!

Week 8 of flower. We’re getting there.

3 Likes