Flowering Plants To Death with Oranje

It is a 20-year no charge lease.

Essentially, I produce electricity and I consume electricity.

The panels produce electricity that I pay about 50% on the dollar to consume, and sell to the grid for 100% of the actual rate. If I consume too much, I buy from the grid at rate. I build up a credit in the summer and zero out just before spring. Then I start shutting down.

6 Likes

I need to look into something like this. The land I have cleared for my cabin has excellent sun coverage, would be great for solar.

2 Likes

A Beautiful home you have, and your ready to grow in an apocalypse now man lol

Thanks @GumbyBuds!

If I can just keep Jeffrey Sessions out of my hair, I might be able to keep it a while.

Just kidding!

99%

1 Like

Probably strikingly similar genes :grin: Do you have the occasional weird deformity/discoloration, too? It’s slightly unsettling, but the plants seem happy, so meh.

Yeah, the one I have in flower is going to be a tall girl – I noticed some yellowing on the oldest fan leaves, so was about to go give her some extra nitrogen. Do you keep up vegging-level nitrogen for your Blueberry through the whole stretch?

3 Likes

No deformities, but it does have very light green leaves rather than the dark blue-green I remember from the Blueberry strain I had 15 years ago.
I don’t give it any extra (N) after about day 10 of flowering(12/12).

1 Like

Day 20. This is it, don’t get scared now.

I love that sudden transition where the stretch slows and pistils start shooting out like crazy… you can actually see plants growing from one day to the next.

Pretty smooth going for the moment. The Roots Organic Original is running out of steam… at least for nitrogen, so I did a little topdressing with those two and gave them some delicious emulsified fish.

The Blueberry is the one most lacking in nitrogen – probably about 10% of fan leaves have signs of nitrogen deficiency. The breeder pack says “45-55 days,” which sounds low, but I’m betting on an 8-week finish for her, anyway.

The large Apollo 11 in Roots Organic is starting to eat through a few of the useless leaves that haven’t seen light in 2 months, but slowly at this point.

The two in SBPGM are happy as clams that don’t have any apparent nutrient deficiencies.

Here’s the Blueberry:

… here’s the baby Apollo 11 in SBPGM:

… and last but not least:

15 Likes

Looking so fresh @oranje… That tent is going to be packed!

Baby update, day 31 of 12/12…

Things are chugging along, everyone’s still drinking an absurd amount. The Roots Organic is fresh out of nitrogen, and my topdressing+EWC did not seem to make a huge difference – so, those two girls are on the bottle. The SBPGM girls are doing much better… some yellowing leaves, but not as widespread and slower.

While my Tangilope+Papaya+Wreckage flower run smelled like sangria, and my summer disaster run didn’t smell much at all, my tent now smells like feet, garlic, and pine-sol. The lady of the house is being very tolerant.

Pic time!

Blueberry:

Mr. @Scissor-Hanz wasn’t kidding about the long stretch – between days 21 and 31, she went from 27.5" to 31", though this seems to be tapering off. Starting to bulk up nicely, and there are some hints of blue in the buds :grin:

ChemD x Sunshine Daydream:

Frosty and chunky, yield has the potential to be ridiculous. I am very sad that my clone didn’t make it, but I’ll try to reveg… and if that doesn’t work, hopefully the other beans give me a gem like this girl.

That’s all for now – hopefully I’ll get some time this weekend to show off the Apollo 11 tentacle monsters.

15 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: Happy garden :smile:
Holy! That (ChemD x Sunshine Daydream) looks like its gonna be something special! I hope you saved a cut!

4 Likes

Day 41 of 12/12…

Oh look, there are plants and they are doing things.

Apollo 11 No. 1 (Roots Organic soil, 5 gal):

Doing… fine. Cat tail buds, sparkly, will be many hours of pain in trim jail :scissors: Kind of a floppy mess, but these things happen.

Apollo 11 No. 2 (SBPGM soil, 3 gal):

Doing better than the Roots Organic one :grin: I’m hoping this is just due to overall plant health and not a different phenotype, as my clone of this one did not root… Looks like she could go for a while, but we’ll see. Slightly less of a floppy mess than her sister, but also in a smaller pot.

ChemD x Sunshine Daydream (SBPGM soil, 8 gal):

:fire::grin::fire:: So long, and thanks for all the chips.

You can stop now, girl. I get it, you’re awesome. We’re best friends forever. Except for the part where I don’t have a clone :sob:

Blueberry No. 2 (Roots Organic, 3 gal):

Yep, she’s solidly purple. Still plumping up a bit, and has actually shot out a fresh round of pistils in the past couple of days. She’s built like a tank – not even close to needing stakes… the Apollo 11s lean on her for support.

… aside from topping, only training is pulling the 6 main branches down at the start of flowering. Skyscraper. Assuming she smokes like the Blueberry I’ve had in the past, I have a keeper here :grin:

23 Likes

That chemd x ssdd is fricken beautiful. You gunna try to reveg her?

5 Likes

I second, do I hear a third. :tongue:

5 Likes

hear, hear! she looks like a frost monster! :snowman:

6 Likes

I’m going to give it a whirl, yeah. I just got back from my Christmas travels, and was hit with a wave of her skunk powers as I opened my front door :laughing: If reveg fails, I have some more beans for that’un… still shocked this was a freebie – have a couple more Bodhi packs to try, and I’m pretty damn impressed so far :grin:

5 Likes

Day 51 of 12/12:

It’s late fall in the tent, which is to say it’s cold and everything is turning pretty colors. With the recent cold snap around these parts, my night temps have dipped down to 50ºf… not so good for overall plant metabolism, probably has an impact on yield, but at this point I’ve got enough – I just want these puppies to ripen. They’re drinking less, so the ripening will begin soon…

Blueberry No. 2 (Roots Organic, 3 gal):

Not a huge change over the past ten days, other than color. Yield should be okay, trimming will be hell. Has a tart/sweet smell which is quite pleasant. The overall structure still shocks me… branches grow straight up, almost no secondary branches. When I chop this down, I think it’ll be a total of 12 branches to dry.

Apollo 11 No. 2 (SBPGM soil, 3 gal):

The two Apollo 11s are chugging along… still putting on a bit of weight, but mostly in foxtailing rather than chunking up. Long, skinny buds on an absurdly branchy plant – the opposite of Blueberry. The pics above are from the 3-gallon girl… the 5-gallon plant is hard to photograph as very little of it is upright at this point :laughing:

ChemD x Sunshine Daydream (SBPGM soil, 8 gal):

Chunky, dense, sticky, delicious. I think this is the one giving off the skunky smell (A11 seems more spicy, Blueberry more… blueberry), but after staking her up yesterday, I couldn’t figure out the smell at all :grin: Sweet, but not really fruity… maybe a floral honey bubblegum? No amber yet, but think she’ll be done before 9 weeks.

The great big floppy mess of a group:

24 Likes

Qualities i look for in fine cannabis! :grin:

2 Likes

I like the fall colors, I’m tempted to crack a window at night and let my next crop do this in a few weeks.

2 Likes

All the fantastic colors.

Can only imagine the flavors.

99%

1 Like

Love the colours. Gonna have your hands full come harvest.

1 Like