Flowering Plants To Death with Oranje

There is a sort of comfortable quality to those shots, isn’t there?

99%

3 Likes

Beautiful grow man! Wow

I had check this thread of yours. What soil recipe did you use in the end? Do you feed anything other than water?

Again, congratulations for a job well done. Looking forward to get some info, to step up my soil mixes and grows!

2 Likes

What…!!! Oh, no!!!
Shit!: All we prefer MiG’s way of do it: he invite us to eat the leafes…

6 Likes

I used store-bought soil this time around: I was having some pretty bad problems in veg last August/September and didn’t want to add new unknowns by using an untested soil. One of the soils is sold as a water-only mix (Coast of Maine Stonington’s Blend Platinum Growers Mix) – I did amend this with some extra dry nutrients, and would water with teas/coconut juice/molasses every-so-often. The other two were in Roots Organic Original, which is water-only for the first month, but required bottled nutrients afterwards.

I have a large barrel filled with The Rev’s TLO soil mix, and will be giving this a try in the next few weeks. Stay tuned :grin:

4 Likes

For sure brother. Amazing purples in those plants. I’ve never had a blueberry that’s on my list too lol.

Everything looks great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

any update on this new soil mix? whats happening in your garden now?

2 Likes

That sounds kind of perverted but made me chuckle great looking ladies BTW!

1 Like

I had a pair of Tahoe OG Kush females which I wanted to clone and flower at the end of the summer, but instead I cloned, repotted, topped, and flipped to 12/12. Oops. So, here we are:

Day 13 of 12/12:

Using Coast of Maine Stonington’s Blend soil again, I like it. Added in about 10% rice hulls by volume, couple cups of vermicompost, and a dash of Coast of Maine dry nutrients. Plants seem quite pleased so far.

I’m impressed! Fast start, but these are supposed to go for ~70 days, so I’m not sure how this is going to play out over the next 8 weeks. Vigorous growth, and unfortunately for me, ridiculous stretch.

I was trying to keep these short and small, dammit. Repotted from 1 gallon -> 5 gallon buckets a few days before flipping to 12/12, and they’ve more than doubled in size since then. I spent my afternoon doing some training to shave about 5" off of their overall height, hopefully that’s enough to keep the top buds from burning to a crisp :slight_smile:

Smell is mild so far, but a distinctly earthy, savory spice. Hopefully I can keep them alive with blumats over the course of my summer travels, and come September I can see what all the hubbub is about.

8 Likes

Quick update on day 19 of 12/12:

These plants are way too big for my tent :sweat_smile: I think the stretch is coming to an end, but the lanky one (pictured left, middle-bottom, and right) is completely unwieldy. If/when I grow these again, I’ll probably use 3 gallon buckets instead of 5, and start them flowering when they’re under a foot tall.

The petite sister (vertical branches in the center) looks like she’s going to have a ridiculous yield, and is frosting up like a champ. Good job, plant.

Blumats have been in for a few days:

I like them so far. They seem to be powered by magic – I poured some water near one that was “on” to see if/how quickly it would stop dripping, and it stopped dripping instantly. I’ll keep my fingers crossed, but so far these little guys seem to be better than watering than me :grin:

7 Likes

Day 26 of 12/12,

My pair of baby giant Tahoe OGs are going strong. Blumats seem to be doing their job nicely… I hope. The two girls together are drinking about 3.5 liters/day, but the pots aren’t too heavy and the plants are doing quite well. Definitely have an uptick in fungus gnats, but I topdressed with neem meal and crab meal, which seems to be getting the job done.

After doing some warm-up stretches, I managed to twist through the canopy to get some non-awful shots of the progress.

The top of the canopy, plants interleaved. The chunkier buds are from plant 1, which also stretched significantly less. Center bud (also pictured below) is going to be a little stunted from heat stress/light burn. The slightly-crisped leaves to the right are a branch from plant 2 that decided to steer directly towards the CMH bulb. I tied it down better, but… too late.

As said above, there’s some obvious heat stress on this bud, but I’m out of places to bend/pull branches, and my lights have already been raised to their max height. Live and learn.

That said, even the little scrub side branches on plant 1 are frosty and chunking up.

… and this will probably be the trophy bud. Pic does not do it justice – it’s quite frosty and has some girth to it. Good job, plant.

This is (mostly) plant 2. Oddly, the inner buds on plant 2 are turning into little balls of frosty fun. The buds at the end of branches are oddly thin, but I’d say this plant looks a week-or-so behind her sister overall. We’ll see what happens over the next (checks his watch) 6 weeks.

… and the whole stretchy, unmanageable mess.

9 Likes

Day 41 of 12/12,

The girls received 13 days of LIFTA and lived… Blumats seem to have done their job, but I’m guessing the reservoir was dry halfway through that time. The girls were wilted quite a bit when I got home, but recovered nicely after 3 liters of water a piece.

Tahoe OG #2 had a rougher time, and I don’t know what to make of the plant overall. Buds are quite stringy and airy, though some of that is probably due to heat/light burn… arguably it has 4 weeks to go, but it seems like the yield will be on the low side.

Tahoe OG #1, on the other hand, has some girth!

This one is starting to ripen, I’m guessing 2 to 3 weeks until it’s ready to harvest. Yield will be excessive.

Odor is fairly low, sweet with a dash of rot. The buds themselves are a sweet pine/lemon with a hint of diesel.

11 Likes

Hey @oranje plants are looking great! Just had ordered some blumat jrs. Myself What ru running? I order just five for now have a feeling I’ll be getting more from what I can see them as doing an excellent job! Thinking about obtaining parts for a five gallon DYI what’s yours thoughts if potentially saving a little $?

I’m running the standard Blumats, 2 stakes per pot. If you mean making your own 5-gallon reservoir, absolutely do it :grin: I got a kit and the reservoir is a standard bucket with two holes drilled in it, nothing more.

1 Like

I’v seen parts list but un sure of what to actually order on a certain website maybe I’ll run a few pics by ya !

Hey @oranje found this on https://www.sustainablevillage.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_91_257 Is this pretty much all your bucket has then!

https://www.sustainablevillage.com/tropf-thru-hull-tank-connector

On the late, the A11/BB round was beauttifull man. I love these bloods too. This pic was the climax for me :

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/2/f/2f877b750ed85e113e787a5391beb7aaae35b856_1_690x451.jpg
Seeing them praying Jah with these beauttifull colors was just an epic rape of my eyes lol

https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/f/9/f91c919b046d799e8cb41ce104b9c39a59691702_1_666x500.jpg

On a couple of setups, i’ve used blumat carrots with pleasure. I love this system. But in small pots (SOG), the “hairy” root system have the tendency to stack on the surface of the medium and to live too much dry/wet cycles. I will try to draw the trick i used back in the days, can’t explain with my bad english.

On small pots, it have increased the autonomy of the tank and stopped the production of the roots we hunt for at the surface mainly. Just two cents if any ^^

2 Likes

@Fuel have you tried the in-line accessory drippers that can come off the carrot and circle the pot for more even watering?

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle, no it was one carrot per pot (2 liters, thin but high) on a single line that “slalom” the space. I really was in need of individual watering because i’ve used it mainly for dense veg spaces with various specimens at different stages (seedlings mostly but also bonsai moms/pops).

By defaut i don’t like too much drippers because i use mineral nutrients and some hybrid products (root excellurator to quote one very problematic with it) than require a good frequency of maintenance. On tree’s style grow, i don’t think it’s a big deal but on SOG it’s a true pain each half week to clean all.

2 Likes

Picture is perfect, thanks for the trick and I’ll likely put it to good use :grin: Glad to see you again, and thanks for the kind words on my last round of flowering!

2 Likes

Day 47 12/12, baby update.

The Blumat carrots dried out while I was away – they’re working fine as a standard drip irrigation system, but not so good with the soil moisture detecting. That said, my summer travels are over and they only have a few weeks left, so I’ll probably just hand water them from here on out.

Tahoe OG #1 is too heavy for its own good at this point: I might have to hang supports from the top of my tent for a couple of the branches, as the plant is too wide to stake. Could be worse, I guess :grin: As said in my last update, #1 looks like it will finish at least a week or two before her sister – #2 is still filling out, but #1 is starting to cloud up.

I got a few good shots of Tahoe OG #1 while I was staking her up:

13 Likes