Flowering Plants To Death with Oranje

All the fantastic colors.

Can only imagine the flavors.

99%

1 Like

Love the colours. Gonna have your hands full come harvest.

1 Like

Stardate, day 55 of 12/12.

We have amber, I repeat: we have amberā€¦ I think. Itā€™s actually really hard to tell ā€“ the ChemD x Sunshine Daydream has the delightful red/purple leaves going on, but it looks like some of the leaf trichs are starting to change. View the photo full size and opine :grin:

I cut a tester bud off of this mess a couple days back, weā€™ll see how she smokes tonight. Might be coming down in the next couple of days.

I havenā€™t shown off the large Apollo 11 recently, but managed to get a good shot of her last night:

If all goes according to plan (ha), these all get chopped in the next 10 days. According to the directions, the Blueberry should be done quite soonā€¦ but it still has clear trichomes. The Apollo 11s are supposed to take 8-9 weeks and are pretty solidly cloudy, so might chop down in phases to get a gradient of ripeness.

25 Likes

Wow + Seventeen Characters.

1 Like

That is such an amazing and inspiring site to seeā€¦ One dayā€¦ Great job Oranje

1 Like

Love the look of those flop-eared ladies in there. Just stunning my man! Love the Roots Organic. Jah!

Day 61,

I thought theyā€™d all be finishing up this past weekā€¦ I was wrong. No amber at all on Apollos or Blueberry, and I think it may have been a mirage on the ChemD x Sunshine Daydream :laughing: The good news is that their drinking has slowed dramatically in the past week, and clear trichs are going cloudy on the Blueberry. Maybe this week is the week for harvest ā€“ I donā€™t think theyā€™ll make it to day 70 :grin:

Blueberry (Roots Organic, 3 gallon):

Steady as she goes, wonā€™t drop a leaf until every last drop is sucked out. Still slowly bulking up, also looks like she wants to foxtail a bit. Iā€™m okay with this.

Apollo 11 no. 2 (SBPGM, 3 gallon):

This branch is beat, bud the bud is the most photogenic. Have a scrubby side bud drying for smoke test to see how far from ripe she actually is.

Apollo 11 no. 1 (Roots Organic, 5 gallon):

Many climbers have attempted to scale the north face of Mt. Apollo 11, but none have survived to conquer the summit. Welcome to trim jail hell, ladies and gentlemen.

No ChemD x Sunshine Daydream today, but I did give her a smoke test from what Iā€™ve already chopped. Verdict: pretty potent indica, mind-clearing and quite relaxing. Itā€™s physically grainy when you break it upā€¦ it feels like the buds are sugar-coated :grin:

Off to sacrifice a goat to the weed ripening gods.

17 Likes

I really enjoy the more colorful plants. Great job!! :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s OK, we like seeing the pretty pictures.

And they are something to see.

99%

3 Likes

Iā€™m really happy that youā€™re letting them take their time and ripen up.

Absolutely lovely brother @oranje!

Stay hazed
Jake

3 Likes

Wow, dude.
Theyā€™re stunning.
What are your daytime temps vs nighttime temps, if you donā€™t mind me asking.

2 Likes

This past week, high of 72Āŗ and low of 52Āŗfā€¦ wish I could get the night temperature up into the high 50s, but the weather has not been cooperative :expressionless:

1 Like

Are the profuse colors due to cool temps at night? Absolutely beautiful my brother! @oranje

1 Like

Plants look stunning but I canā€™t get over your since of humor, very entertaining. When I butcher another goat I will be thinking of you and the gods :goat: :knife: :imp: :joy:

2 Likes

Day 69,

Iā€™ve spotted actual amber on all but the ChemD x Sunshine Daydream, but theyā€™re all very much ready for the chop. This is the last shot of the group before a team of tiny homicidal lumberjacks started their plant murder spree :sob:

The good news is that the Blueberry, due to its skyscraper stature, could be mostly trimmed on the plant:

I trimmed it up a bit better once I chopped the branches, but not by much :laughing: Seems like a good yield underneath all the sugar leaves, and buds themselves are surprisingly hard. Perfect plant ā€“ assuming it smokes like Blueberry Iā€™ve had in the past, Iā€™m keeping this one around :grin:

The bad news is that Apollo 11 isā€¦ wellā€¦

I actually cut about a third of this plant at day 64ā€¦ and you canā€™t tellā€¦ because itā€™s just a pile of branches. Trim jail nightmare :scissors: :sob: :gun:

The buds looks pretty nice, at leastā€¦

ā€¦ but they loose a lot of their girth when drying.

Now onto the Smoke Report, do-do-do-do-do:

ChemD x Sunshine Daydream: Balanced indicaā€¦ more relaxing in the mind than the body, mellow but functional. The lady of the house had a different experience: she proclaimed ā€œIā€™m spinnyā€ before passing out on the couch :laughing: This was with the day 57 chop, weā€™ll see how 2 more weeks of ripening changes things :skull: Smells like lemongrass with a little bit of earthy-spice.

Apollo 11: Almost entirely head high, but a mellow one. Does terrible things to oneā€™s ability to focus, so not a daytime smoke. Now that I have some in a jar, I can confirm that the skunky-rotten-sweet smell that greets me at the front door is Apollo 11. Might need to pick up a carbon filter next time I flower this oneā€¦

21 Likes

Weā€™ll see you when they release you from Trim Jail!

99%

1 Like

I probably said this last time, butā€¦ Ooooh boy! The colors!

Too bad to hear about your Apollo 11 being a day ender, Iā€™ve always thought of her as the genius pheno.

3 Likes

Very interesting,
I cannot help but to to surmise that the A-11 you have grown out, quite nicely I must add, consists of different genetics than that which I grew out years ago.
I once again find myself belaboring a pet peeve of mine. In that, the Apollo 11 that I grew out was motivational, invigorating, focusing and inspirational. Wickedly intense, pulse pounding, sativa buzz which inflated me with piss and vinegar!
It made me want to do things that I thought that I really did not want to do.
I realize that the consumption of any given type of cannabis is fraught with subjective interpretations.
However and regardless , I apologize for my intemperate rant.

7 Likes

it looks like the current A-11 and C99 from BG are more indica and longer-flowering than the original versions. Where is the Blueberry from? Looks really good. Iā€™ve grown so many crosses of it but never the purebred version, I love the color.

3 Likes

Iā€™m betting the scissor hash will be very tasty. Some fine looking buds.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes