Floyds tent village

How long do you usually keep it going? My eyes suck, so I always like to have something else to go on other than visual indicators. Are we talking 1 minute, or more like 10?

1 Like

I said it in the post above you cuz… lol just check periodically, there’s no real ‘set’ time
Since different seeds will have difference in thickness and hardness

1 Like

Ok lol really. this has truly become a hijacking now. Please, for anymore on this go to my thread and I’ll gladly talk till the cows come home.

I just tagged ya to come over there to further the conversation

If your TL isn’t high enough then lets go to the chat thread cuz

2 Likes

@MoBilly, sorry cuz

edit lol ooops I meant to say sorry to @Floyd !!

2 Likes

LOL, thats a “trip into town” for me…

An alternative heat source for the paper towel method is your modem / router. Just put the baggie on top, there’s some heat, but not too much. Did that many times (even more times for hot peppers since I did alot of them in the past 10 yrs).

I have to admit, I have always wondered about growers using RO water (unless they have municipal with chlorine in it). I have a few RO and RO/DI systems here from my reef tank days where we wanted TDS to be zero. But if I have well water, wouldn’t I only be removing minerals that the plants might ultimately use (and that we re-add with nute mixes)?? I recall pure RO/DI being bad to drink, as it would pull minerals from your body to regain osmotic balance.

Always seemed silly to remove minerals and then just add em back with nutes…

1 Like

As far as seed germination, as @JohnnyPotseed said this is probably the wrong thread… and even better, there’s already a thread dedicated to precisely this topic. :stuck_out_tongue: Germinating old Seeds has lots of good suggestions. DMSO sounds interesting, could quite possibly be the most effective of any method I’ve seen described. I’ll have to try that some time.

As far as I can tell, RO water is basically for suburban/urban growers who can’t trust their water supply, or for high-end hydroponic systems where you need to have 100% precision on everything about the water your plants are getting. Like you said, not sure it’s going to be all that useful if your water’s already pretty clean. It gives you full control over the precise makeup of the TDS, is all, which is helpful but not entirely necessary in soil.

2 Likes

My understanding as well. It doesn’t have chloramine in it like tap does and I was attempting to avoid it.

1 Like

Our city water is terrible. 9 ph and I’m scared to look at ppm. Keeps vegetable gardens alive with no growth hardly at all. It’s a soft water that comes from a deep well. RO is all we use for our indoor grow

2 Likes

MAC and C99 27 days. In octopots

Got my seeded plants in there with them

21 Likes

The other flower tent C99 and MAC 56 days

C99 colas flopping

24 Likes

MAC bud

23 Likes

Man! They all look great!
:sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @MoBilly. Tent#1 is probably getting chopped this weekend. Ill get better pics when I pull them out of the tent. The C99s have multiple big colas that are going to fall over.

5 Likes

Who’s c99 did you grow

1 Like

Peakseedsbc

2 Likes

I grow out c99 f6 from @Bigun ( originally preserved by sinister seeds ) they were original mr soul fro back in the day
Good weed , short flowering time , and small nuggs
Paps

5 Likes

Peakseedsc acquired C99 in 2009. I asked him.

3 Likes

I also grew C99 back in the day. Had the same mother plant for about 4 years

5 Likes

I have used it in several of my crosses…
I will continue and when I am ready…
I will let everyone know…

6 Likes

Hello my friend glade to see you hear
Hopefully all is well
Long time
Paps

1 Like