Fluence has hired the Amazon shipping team

Just kidding… But, bought a couple RAY44s:

… having a heavy brick of a power supply unsecured and flopping around in the box next to the LED bar can’t be good. No protective tape on the LED lens or body so, yeah, nicks and scratches from being jostled around.

Not a big deal for it’s intended purpose (they still work) but for the price of the Fluence gear, you’d think they would have better packing.

Anyone else notice this when ordering from Fluence?

Update: Fluence has commented that this is not their standard packaging practice and are looking into improving their QA in this area. They have contacted me offering to replace the units (not needed, here) to ensure that I was fully satisfied with their product. Received a handwritten note from Nick (the CEO) plus a goodies package. Pretty much an A+ customer experience response.

12 Likes

I just bought one this week - the power supply is supposed to be contained in the slots in the foam, somehow yours escaped. I had to pull it out of the foam. It it’s banged up at all I’m sure you could get it replaced.

Looks like you got Anthospec? What are you going to use it for? I’ve got one Physiospec Greenhouse ray22 and one Anthospec.

2 Likes

I’ll hire a few guy to ship me things from amazon sometimes.

1 Like

I would mention it to the company, in case it breaks down in a few weeks or what not, you will cover your butt that way and they cant say they don’t know what you are talking about.

4 Likes

These are UV and PFr for filling out the spectrum on a couple of Heliospectra 601Gs. It’s for an experimental platform I’ve been piecing together, Airpumpless Sluckets . I’m looking to run, log, and automate various experiments I have in mind. Being able to control the spectrum to some extent is a plus in this way and, as such, the odd wavelengths chosen.

The bars work fine and won’t be looking to return them. Just not terribly impressed with how they were packaged :hushed:

I like your choice in the Greenhouse and Anthospec. Do you have a post describing how you are using them?

5 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking about emailing them just let them know that the way they are packing these isn’t sufficient for the Brown or Blue shipping technique…

1 Like

wow, I need some time to read your thread, that hydro setup is fascinating. I hope you’ll keep us posted on your spectral expermients. There isn’t much published research on cannabis lighting.

So you got UV and Far Red, very cool! I needed something that fits in a 2 x 3 closet so the 22-inchers were perfect for a place to flower males or veg a few plants. I’m going to try hanging them side-by-side as a single 90-watt fixture, it seems to be the closest match to my P.L. Light Hortiled full-spectrum veg lamp…so I don’t shock the plants. The Hortiled is a mix of white, red and blue diodes.

the small ones are handy, here is the “greenhouse” one lighting my Swiss Chard seedlings

4 Likes

Thanks. Most certainly will, it’s still a bit in the future though as it is taking awhile to get the components in place. Always looking for some thoughts on future experiments, too…

Very cool. Thanks for the photo and description. Always helps to see what others are doing in their space. I think @99PerCent may have something similar.
At some point we should start a thread reviewing the performance of the Fluence lights as viewed by the OG community. There is a lot of positivity from the various forums but I can’t tell how much of this is confirmation bias.

Oh man, I looked around for those and couldn’t find a good supplier. Ten+ week turn-around and top dollar is all that I could find. Very nice. Very high efficacy according to the specs for those.

2 Likes

Did you know they ship mushroom kits :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’re in Mass? You can order PL Light through Griffin’s in Tewksbury, they’re nice people. I was able to order mine through Urban-Gro in Colorado, another option, they gave me a good price. Also “Hort Americas” sells them.

2 Likes

I run the Ray44’s as well and they came all packed in nice and tight. Looks like you may have been shipped a used one maybe? I’d certainly contact them and let them know.

3 Likes

Yes, thanks. I sent them an email at least to let them know that their packaging is not suitable for the way they are shipping these. I will post on how they respond. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be darned, I was just there last week. Didn’t even realize it! Thanks for the tip.

Pretty much a positive response from Fluence from the correspondence I had with them.

They noted that this is not their standard way to package these and that it appears some tape is missing to secure the power supply in place. They said that they are looking into improving the shipping QA for times like this.

They also offered to replace the units but I don’t see any need for the hassle to do so. They work fine. More of a first impressions matter type of thing since it reminded me of some of the Amazon packages I had received in the past :smile:

2 Likes

I think I’m going to build-up another area for something similar to what you have with the Greenhouse spectrum. I’m curious, this particular spectrum makeup has a bit more blue if I’m not mistaken. Are you finding plant stretch to be better controlled with the extra blue?

Have not tried cannabis yet, just the chard. I like the “greenhouse”, it seems like more blue and less yellow/orange than “indoor”. They both have the same extra red diodes. I think the plants use blue more than orange.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, that makes sense.

the drone is in the air - new video! Vyprx greenhouse deployment. So half of Fluence’s business is cannabis, half is the other plants…interesting

3 Likes

BIg Fluence news today! Upgraded Spyder is coming out next month - efficiency goes up to 2.7 umol/joule. No prices yet. I’m guessing they will use exclusively Osram diodes. I wonder if they’ll have the same Physiospec spectrums or something new?

3 Likes

2.7 umol/J, pretty amazing.

1 Like