New Fluence lights!

SPYDR 2x, SPYDR 2p, and SPYDR 2i. Remotely mountable power supply and improved specs. Still not cheap, though. SPYDR 2x and SPYDR 2i available really soon.

Fluence Bioengineering

SPYDR 2p Specifications

Comparison Sheet

8 Likes

Been happy with the Fluence lighting I have purchased.

The new stuff will no doubt be over the top.

3 Likes

I am now thinking of getting one of the new ones, they look dope!

Will need a dimmer too…

3 Likes

Check out the comparison sheet linked above. The numbers for the 2i are looking pretty good.

1 Like

DEFINITELY will need a dimmer.

2 Likes

I am only saying because about two years ago when i was gonna buy my lamp i found Fluence, and their SpydrX Plus but they had no dimming capabilities at the moment, they were getting the glitchy dimmer they had out of the market.

Now they have a new one and it looks way better, new the gen lamps looks like they belong in a Space Shuttle.

Sci :robot:

2 Likes

Dude! That 2p is gunna be only ~$2 a watt!?

1 Like

Yeah I forgot about their dimmer issues. What was the brand they recommended for a while? Solare, or something like that. The new one they have does look a lot better. I need to go read some reviews on it. Hopefully it doesn’t have any issues with it.

3 Likes

I picked up a dimmer with mine. Works the nuts.

2 Likes

This is the one they took off the market, the guys said they had to setup a “call center” to take all the incoming phone calls for support on this dimmer, obviously not all of them were bad. Thye simply didn’t wanna deal with the hassle of updating sofware every phone call…

SoLunar by BML!

And the new one!

Looks way better.

That is now bro, only reason i didn’t buy their lamps and went with Timber was their dimming capabilities were handicapped. SoLunar dimmer is off the market and you can only buy them thru eBay.com…

2 Likes

Fluence sells their own for $80.

How much is that one?

2 Likes

That is (was) their own. Fluence used to be BML several years ago. I thought the dimmer was a third party, but it’s got the BML stamp on it. Now I’m confused.

1 Like

Yeah, you have to be certain the wiring is correct. The colors may, or may not, match. But once you get past this, it is awesome.

4 Likes

Big news at Fluence! Vyper2x is here - nice upgrade to 2.7 umol/J - 13% more light. At 900 PPF the smaller one should be enough to light a 4X4 tent. I like these - cheaper, smaller, and much lighter than Spyder with the same efficiency.

so now the 342w Vyper is only 2 feet long! I wonder if it can still cover the corners of a tent well. Perfect for small spaces or closets with weird shapes. Too bad my LED piggy bank is empty…

4 Likes

Did you get a couple of matching plugs to attach wires to…!?

3 Likes

If you buy the dimmer, you have to make some very simple connections. The company that made the dimmers (sub contracted) reversed the colors of the wires on the dimmer, so you assemble with mismatched wire colors in order for the dimmer to work correctly, unless they have corrected this, which they indicated was on the list of things to fix…

4 Likes

I’ve always liked these Fluence strip lights, but I have to say that you can build the exact same thing as the spyder 2i for half the MSRP. And probably get slightly better spread, and two fixtures so you have some height adjustment flexibility.

DIY has always been cheaper, nothing controversial there, but I feel like you either need to get a solid discount from Fluence, or it’s not really a great value. They make very nice lights, but sell at a mediocre price.

3 Likes

But you have to go to rtadio shcak and get a three way plug to make it plug n’play buddy! otherwise this would be as good as any other $10 potentiometer, am i wrong!?

2 Likes

you do pay a premium for the Spydr design - it’s about 50% more expensive than the same wattage and efficiency in their Vyper fixture, which is also half the weight. I don’t see the need for Spyder unless you’re using tiers of “vertical” grows in a huge warehouse. If they offer the 640 watt, 1700 umol Vyper at the same $900 price as the old one that will be a sick deal! would be $1.40 per watt for 2.7 umo/J efficiency.

I’m using P.L. Light fixtures with a 90-degree beam angle in a 80" high tent with no problem, the Vypers are 120 degrees so they should be fine in hobby grow tents or closet-size spaces. the specs say you can get the plant tops within 18 inches of the light, that’s no problem

3 Likes

Along with your light, you get one of these. There is a purple wire and a grey wire. They also provide these handy little clips. One might think you match the grey up to grey and the purple up to purple, but that was not always the case. You have to reverse them if it doesn’t work the first time.

5 Likes