Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Hell, I just might run them myself😁
:v:

3 Likes

Wow those are interesting for sure, I’m experimenting with root ball extracts for my fathers joint pain and arthritis. Indian landrace it is probably more uplifting? With the added pain killing benefit?

5 Likes

Funny you should mention that man. :slight_smile:

It’s kinda hard to make out, but it looks like a root to me. :grinning: I’m struggling to LITFA though. You can’t tell by the picture, but the seed has settled down into the media some, and I’m worried the cotyledons are trying to open in the media.

I’m pretty sure I can fire up the hood, flame a scalpel, and just ease it up a bit, so it’s above that media. I also thought about planting it. I pasteurized some seed starting mix earlier to start some other seeds. I could pot it up and set it on the seedling mat.

Hmmm… :thinking:

I’ve got some more media cooked up. I’m gonna toss the rest of those in the freezer, and in a few days start a few more. :cowboy_hat_face:
:guitar:

15 Likes

@Guitarzan… fingers crossed! I had a couple do the same thing. They were able to open but not grow. At least it looks the same to me from the picture…how long have they been soaking? Could you culture that?
@RuamadraTheBard…I dont know the effects for sure, but Himalayans are known to have high levels of CBD like Hindu Kush varieties, with an uplifting high rather than couchlock. But, something else seems to set Kalga village plants apart from their Parvati Valley cousins. Cocogenes would love to have it tested to see what is in it, I’m sure. The prospect of losing these special cannabinoid profiles to hybridization is part of what motivated me to get them in the first place. It’s a shame they are so difficult to grow indoors. Outdoors in the ground they would really shine.

5 Likes

I saved my rootballs from last season. What do I do with them? Tincture? I have the same issues. Joint pain and arthritis.

4 Likes

I left mine to simmer in coconut oil for several hours, then mixed with shea- and mangobutter and some CBD. Unfortunately I gave most of it away and have to wait for more roots to actually try myself. I think ReikoX has a recipe in his tincture thread using cacao butter.

Edit:

7 Likes

That is a culture man. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Sweet! Does that mean success? Have you ever gotten this far with the cultures? I remember you saying you had gotten to a certain point but then no further…
Btw, all ten Panama are planted. No runts.:smile:

5 Likes

It’s a little too early to declare success, but I’ve had plants with true leaves growing in culture. I screwed them up by trying to transplant them too soon.

I saw that. Let me know when you start the log, so I can add it to the active list.

8 Likes

This is great! I really hope it survives! Good job so far…how much longer before a transplant roughly? Weeks…a month or more?

5 Likes

I’m making topicals first to see how that helps and then I’ll move into tincture and quintessence once I have the skill, I am new to making extracts but I’m studying from Alchemy books and Spagyrics manuals. Cannabis is my primary medicine plant, but NY has a lot of wild medicine as well in mushroom and plant form. Most of the Medieval alchemists were using full plant extracts in hugely concentrated doses for healing purposes and my goal is to replicate their research and be my own guinea pig and try to help myself and my family out.

10 Likes

I had a friend that lived in the woods for 35 years, who taught me many of the plants of the region. The Catskill Mountains are literally full of medicinal plants, one of the most concentrated regions anywhere. Nearly every plant has some sort of medicinal use. You are in New York?

7 Likes

@Upstate Those type of people are worth their weight in gold and beyond! I am lucky to have my fathers experience to teach me, and Western NY is more like PA really, just Amish here for the most part

10 Likes

Whole lotta nothing in places out that way. I’ve always wanted to go to the Allegany State Park to do some trout fishing or cross country skiing.
God definitely broke the mold when he made my friend. He passed away close to 10 years ago now. He lived in a pup tent in Saranac Lake (among other places) for two years. He was a local Legend up there. Nothing but a Sterno can for heat. He was a Trapper by trade. A true wild man.

15 Likes

Happy February Overgrow! :grinning:

The official FBSC sign-up thread is up in the Smoker’s Lounge:

If you have questions, please post them here, NOT in the poll thread.

Thank you for you cooperation.

9 Likes

One of these days I’ll be able to go through all these, unfortunately in my current circumstances, I’m not able to do as many runs as I want.So I’m doing whatever I can to preserve some traditional cannabis/heirlooms, in this case collecting.

I’m sure I have doubles of Rasoli,Manipuri, Parvati and some others to donate if someone is interested in preserving them

image image image image image

28 Likes

Wow, that’s an impressive collection. :exploding_head:

Did I see Sinai in the first picture? I wanted to buy some from RSC but payment was complicated and the Brexit situation unclear so I backed out of it. I’m still interested in the strain though. However I could probably not run more than five, harvest pollen & kill the males and grow out two, max three girls. And I’d probably have to wait until after summer.

7 Likes

Wow :star_struck: mango biche and lambs bread :sun_with_face:
What a nice collection you have!

7 Likes

Allegheny is wonderful, hoping to fish there this year and we definitely have a few mushroom honey holes out there.(golden chanterelles & Black Trumpets) Your friend sounds like he lived a far better life than most!

4 Likes

Okay now that I see the sign up sheet is up for being a freak. I gotta be a freak. I’m gonna push my plant count a bit and order some new equipment to make sure I have enough space for being a freak.

I know I’m not at 6 months yet so I know I need to run an assigned strain for newbies according to your guidelines. Is it okay if I run one of the strains I already have for simplicity?

This is what I have.
KUMAONI - purchased from seed bank but doesn’t have which company it is from.
Rasoli - SOURCED FROM TRADE
Mexican sativa - Sensi seeds
Afghan kush - world of seeds
Brazil Amazonia - world of seeds
Columbian gold - world of seeds
Ketama - world of seeds
Killimanjaro - world of seeds
Pakistan Valley -world of seeds
South African kwazulu - world of seeds
Wild Thailand - world of seeds
Hawaii Maui waui - nirvana

@Guitarzan or whomever chooses or wants to give me guidance here, if you could pick one of those listed above I will get started asap, or if youd rather I run something else just let me know :slight_smile: gonna order new equipment tonight and grow all these plants organic now as well in my new set up. Thanks. I gotta be a freak! :slight_smile:

10 Likes