Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

blow your wistle, bang your gong
roll up somethin to take along
it feels so good, it must be wrong…LOL

…the Dr Hook version of course.

Hell of a project. tracking.

5 Likes

Hope you guys don’t mind me asking here but it seemed a good place to call on your collective knowledge. I am visiting a relative that I provide care for and was discussing their needs, I had intended to do a CBG run but have instead been asked for very specific reasons to try for thcV . Researching on the medical threads leads me to believe I need to find either Vietnam black or Durban poison landraces . Where do you guys suggest a good source for beans of either of these or alternative thcV strains? .

4 Likes

@redjimp. Black Willie from Reeferman can have Extremely high Thcv.( 15% reported)
Malawi from The Landrace Team or Kwik seeds may have high levels.
Not sure whose Durban to recommend for High Thcv, but maybe again the Landrace Team Highland Durban or Lefthandseeds Triple Durban.
Highland Nepalese may have high THCV.

5 Likes

What about Kullu and Kerala? I was suspecting the long, energetic high I have read about might have to do with THCV, however I have not seen a cannabinoid test of either of them.

There is also THCVictory from Dutch Passion for $50 per seed :face_vomiting: Don’t know if it breeds well but if it does it screams for a group buy and free giveaway of thousands of seeds.

All based on the Vietnamese Black apparently. I really hope some seeds of that run make it my way somehow.

6 Likes

I think that thcv might be coming from The Nepalese…? I don’t know though. You would think bangi h a z e from Ace seeds, which uses that same Nepal, would have thcv. I’ll have to look into that. It could very well be that the Vietnam Black is providing the THCV. At this point we are still waiting for a male plant.
It makes sense that Indian varieties would contain THCV in some instances. I haven’t read about anything specific though.
Another one I heard can contain thcv is cannabis from Congo.

6 Likes

There is an older THCV thread on OG where @PanchoVilla stated it’s the Vietnamese providing the THCV

Maybe we can get some more info from them.

I was not aware that Tangie may have THCV too, maybe there is some in my auto. Wish I could just send my stuff to a lab. Might be an option in the future. For the time being, is there a DIY test for THCV like there is for THC and for CBD?

8 Likes

I have a few Willie Nelson mothers, and it’s awesome! lol Haven’t had enough to bother getting tested (yet) but I’ve been gradually adding more clones to make a batch for the commercial end. I’ll let you know when it’s tested. Now I’m interested in knowing THCv also! :wink: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Interesting upstate, now I know why the rich moist vermicompost that I use for top dressing is so different than the dry African nightcrawler castings I use for compost tea. I will stop using those terms interchangeably. Thanks for the tip.

5 Likes

Anyone interested, Indian seeds 97 from IG will be on the Indian Land race thread in a moment to tell about all the different varieties I just received. I’m hoping some of you will be able to give him some business. India is in a rough position right now.

10 Likes

Does he have a price list somewhere?

2 Likes

He has an Instagram page. He is on the landraces of India thread right now @Slick1

2 Likes

I’ve been following him since you posted your package I’ve just never seen a price list anywhere.

2 Likes

Generally in the neighborhood of two or three dollars a seed. I will have him give a link to his web page, but let’s not discuss prices in the Indian thread, we will keep the discussion to learning about these genetics, and then you can ask him questions about pricing and availability through private messages if that sounds okay.

7 Likes

Wife sent me this today figured I’d share it with ya. Don’t know if it helps any

EDIT just realized I had forgot to post the link first time, but that’s what I get for posting while trying to heat nectar collector at same time :joy:

5 Likes

Ha! I just came to share that link!!!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the discussions!

1 Like

That was Mystic Funk and he was working Vintage Mexican seed ~

The real OG. Shout out to my bro Mystic

6 Likes

@allotment @Upstate thanks for the info , took me on a trip around the seedbanks but the thcvictory was too rich for my pocket. I went with Novarine which is apparently a cross between two Thai strains. It was only available as fems though but i will either self one or cross with the cbg strain I have regs from.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot about these, I also found it before. I’d be interested to hear how they turn out for you. Please tag me if you will have them in a thread.

2 Likes

No it was icmag, and it was 25 year old Afghan seed. It was a German guy. He was apologizing for his use of language, which seems to me like it was better than mine LOL. He had love for this old Afghan variety. This was before they reformated icmag. I don’t know what happened to the thread. I’d like to read the one you’re talking about 2 though. How do I find that one?

1 Like