Freakshow male with no pollen?

Aloha overgrow family. I’m a newbie here and just wondering if anyone ever had a male plant that has flowers that look like bananas and doesn’t give pollen? I bought some seeds online and out of 10 seeds 6 grew. Out of 6 plants only one female. How does this happen? Is it from too much inbreeding? Thanks in advanced

1 Like

I did have a pal that had troubles similar to this when trying to collect from a freakshow male, I’ll hit him up and check if he has any pertinent info for ya.

Thanks man I googled it and there was some info but I’d rather ask on here much mahalo

1 Like

Freakshow does have mutated male flowers. They are described as “naked”, and they point upwards instead of hanging down. But the 10K+ seeds in my fridge say the pollen is viable…

:robot:

6 Likes

M/F is luck of the draw.

I’ve had males shoot no pollen before and I think it’s because I stopped taking care of it while waiting for it to drop. The male flowers just dropped off all unopened.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

You interested in off loading some of those freakshow seeds (:

2 Likes

I did some super freak it was cool. I had a female that took a minute to show. I think it was a sweet tooth strain. Do you think you got to hot or dry? That is crazy. Interesting.

Maybe too hot and dry.

1 Like

Freakshow is hard to grow. More Seeds fail then sprout. I just got done with a male FS X Blue Dreams myself . Wish I had another male FS… looking again…

I did not have a pollen issue… matter of fact the last day I opened the tent and the neg pressure released and it look like WWF walk out with all the smokey pollen in the air.

2 Likes

I got pollen if you need. Only now it’s starting to dump. So weird tho usually when you pollenate a plant the hairs die and calyx swells. Hopefully my pollen is viable

1 Like

I had a Lemonhoko Blueberry bx3 male that didn’t appear to produce pollen, I assumed he was sterile, but he got those girls pregnant much to my surprise! So there is a chance….:sunglasses:

Anyone got freakshow regular pollen they’d mail me a little cheap? :pray:. I got freakshow seeds. Turns out I got burned. They weren’t freakshow at all …

Hey bro I’ve grown Freakshow crosses that didn’t have mutation but the next generation were quite a bit of Freakshow. Also I have a 2 berry freak females now and waiting on a third to sex. Most likely a female tho . But if it’s a male I’ll give you pollen.