Feminized seed male

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has had a full blown male from a feminized seed? I’m running some feminized seeds from CSI Humboldt this round. They where flipped to 12/12 a week ago. A couple days ago I noticed that my Patient Zero x Chem '91 looked like it might be a hermie. Well after looking at it today, before I killed it, I noticed that it’s a pure male. I think I’m gonna flower him in a different room and collect to pollen. He is a great looking plant in structure and node spacing with double serrated leaves. Just trying to get some different opinions on this. Not finding alot of information on this happening much. Thanks

13 Likes

Some one lazy at the seed bank,that’s happened to me with growers choice seeds,I don’t even think they give you the strains you pay for

3 Likes

My money on “he” would throw pistils at around week 5 of flo :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yes it happens. Its why most seedbanks use the term feminised an not female. They normally say you have a chance of 98%-99% females from feminised seed. The other percentage can be pure male. But let it go abit to make sure its not a he-she

5 Likes

Lol I was thinking that too

I’ve never heard a seed bank say that that’s bad bussiness since their selling you fem seeds with the chance it mite be a male lol come on now

1 Like

Definitely could happen. Balls from to to bottom now

3 Likes

That’s what I was reading too

1 Like

If your reading that I wouldn’t buy anything from that seed bank for starters

I know but its rare. You can look up the small print on most big companies feminised seeds. Most are too lazy to put the disclaimer up nowdays. I will see if I can cop an paste a disclaimer. It happens because females do carry both x and y so the possibility is there.

2 Likes

That’s sounds pretty sketchy

Good thing I have a spare room I can keep him/her in.

1 Like

Males are xy
Females are xx

These “males” are the result from a fucked x meeting another fucked x.

It’s a vast and complicated subject lol but x to autosome affecting sexual expression…something something… strongly staminate females Yada Yada :laughing:

1 Like

This is a copy an paste

While feminized seeds generally grow only female plants, there is no 100% guarantee whether you buy feminized seeds or create them yourself. Every once in a while, a feminized seed will still grow up to become a male plant. For this reason, it’s a good idea to keep a close eye on your plants as they mature. If you ever see pollen sacs starting to form, remove the plant before it accidentally pollinates and ruins your female plants.

I can find quite a few. Although the ocourance of males in feminised seed is very rare its still a possibility. So originally seedbanks (good ones) would guarantee 98-99% to cover their back. Though if made with the proper chemicals the percentage is probably smaller than that. I know that breeder (inspector) is probably one of the best in the usa so he knows what he is doing. But chem is known for hermies so could be that.

4 Likes

That’s not from a seed bank,you said some seeds banks small print this
This is weed maps lol

I will get you one from a seedbank

Never buy from that seed bank :rofl: I’ve made a lot of female seeds and never had a male plant pop up out of them nor a hermie

2 Likes

How ,bout now, it’s from seedsman…

Who buys seeds from seedsman there like growers choice seeds
I’m talking about real seedbanks :rofl:

1 Like

My understanding of fem seeds is that they are incapable of making males because they lack the y chromosome.