Free idea for lovers 👍

Anyone use a thermos to store seeds? They are airtight, waterproof, crush proof and temp controlled. Imo the are prefect for seed storage :sunglasses:.

So the idea is this: a thermos specifically designed for seeds. Simple. Haha maybe even overgrow branded.

“The OG seed vault”

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

13 Likes

I use old prescription bottles which do some of the things you mention.

But no thermos. How would I transport my hot drinks then?

7 Likes

That’s what the other thermos is for…the Stanley.

:grin:

3 Likes

I suppose I could get take out coffee and ask for a double cup to insulate it better.

Mrs Foreigner has a Yeti and it’ll keep coffee red hot all day. Couldn’t store my seeds in there. I’d be dead.

4 Likes

I love those things. They even come in 1/2 gallon sizes. Tons of seeds!

2 Likes

I like it. I think I’ll get one for the fridge and one for the freezer. I’ve been thinking a little about better storage. It should keep them stable af when the door is opened for food.

4 Likes

I have 3 or 4, 2 liter thermose’s in a cupboard somewhere, we used to be given them from work every couple of years, for good safety records.

I have been thinking of upgrading my plastic container I keep my seeds in, as I have noticed, some are not getting the germination rates I previously had with them :+1:

3 Likes

Opaque vacuum canisters with a desiccant in the fridge is probably best bet if you want max longevity.

7 Likes

I like this idear OP. I do similar with 2 quart mason jars bagged in an insulated growler bag that fits them perfectly and keeps the jar dark and insulated.

3 Likes

Thats actually a good idea. A quality thermos would do the job very well. Might even do well as a deep freeze store too an protect the actual seed from moisture an frost yet able them to go to sleep at very low tempretures. Nice one @Kabuddha

4 Likes

They are alot better then they used to be. Years ago they used to use glass in the liner for insulation. Now they use aluminum with a vacuum so they are bomb proof. The liner won’t shatter if you drop it.

3 Likes

I just keep my beans in labeled “coin” baggies and store them in my cigar box. They seem to keep pretty well that way.

1 Like

Cool idea :bulb: I like the way your thinking :thinking: :100:

2 Likes

I actually use something simular to a Thermos. I have two insulated soft coolers in like a six pack size full of mason jars with rice and seeds.
The reason I did this was because my seeds were kept next to the beer and I am always in and out the fridge. So I figured this might give the seeds a fighting chance.
Recently popped some from 2013 with 100% surviving.

1 Like

Man I’ve got thermos and yeti mugs galore. This is pretty damn ingenious tbch

3 Likes