Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 7)

I just was fastest this time. That is one of the best things about the forum. Folks want to help out.
:+1:

3 Likes

Well thank you @MoBilly !! You guys use those so that you don’t have to pay much for shipping right? Just trying to understand the process. I’m kinda new here still but it’s like I’ve stepped into an old school underground seed shop lol just curious why certain things are used/how the process works.

And I scored these around Halloween. Just now seeing a confirmation that my order has been processed. I’m hoping to reverse these Bc I can try it out in a clone instead of just jumping straight to autos in case I mess it up so I won’t ruin a whole plant lol

2 Likes

@hollyho
The seeds, being inside the washer, prevents them from being crushed by the rollers used by the mail.
A small amount of cotton with the seeds will keep them from rattling and drawing attention.

2 Likes

I was wondering why use washers when they use the little vials when you order from distributors? Do the vials not work when sent from reg people like us :joy:

I’m not sure but I believe that boils down to expense. :thinking:

1 Like

Ok so if I have a bunch of little vials, I could just use those? Or would they try to crush them? Sorry for the silly questions… I don’t know what I’m doing :joy:

2 Likes

this is what i use, it costs more but it’s still my go-to method

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! I have some bubble mailers already from when I had an Etsy going. I sold handmade wooden things like dice and wooden rings. But I also remember the shipping wasn’t like a stamp. I don’t remember exactly but it was more than $.50 :joy:

1 Like

Another aspect of this is the customs declaration of it is crossing the border. Coin flips and washers can go in regular letter mail with no problems or declaration. Standard letter rate for under one ounce for Canada and US. I’ve received packages from OG friends in the US in seed vial and padded envelope and it cost $12, a letter would be whatever us international stamp is

3 Likes

Or three forever stamps

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation! I may go ahead and grab some washers and coin flips then.

2 Likes

Idk what that is lol

Regular u.s. forever stamps.

You can usually get 4 flips with seeds in a card and it’s still under an ounce. Just make sure you get the red or orange hose washers and not the coin collecting washers which are grey or white, they are too soft and seeds will be crushed.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Any others up late and paying attention?

7 Likes

I’m around what’s up

3 Likes

im in here up late gaming

3 Likes

Was looking to do a giveaway, but not many souls stirring, may wait until later in the morning friends!

5 Likes

We’re probably the only 3 up at this hour lol

3 Likes