Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 4

That’s exactly how I named my Kosher Daddy :wink:
Jew gold X GDP

2 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: whats the question???

1 Like

How many back crosses does it take to create a consomic strain?

Damn spellcheck

2 Likes

10generations at least

3 Likes

holy crap thats beyond my knowledge :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Cannabliss gets it…….

2 Likes

Send info please….

1 Like

its a technique of backcrossing to isolate specific chromosomes lol if that helps serious breeding there

4 Likes

Very good! Someone had done some reading……

2 Likes

i love this place im always learning :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I get caught in rabbit holes sometimes last several days was breeding before that KNF now damn fungus gnats the more you learn the more you figure out you don’t know much at all

4 Likes

Nice win @cannabliss I wouldn’t have got that in a million years :open_mouth:

1 Like

Marbles are also great if used in a pan of water so the bees and other pollinators can access the water to have a drink :smiley:

@JohnnyPotseed ; "I did go with just regular planting in the ground at first… until everything got flooded out! " → my raised beds are in the area that WAS an above ground pool in my backyard. It’s the lowest and flattest part of the property and when it rains heavy it’s like a Studio Ghibli film where the beds are “floating on a lake”; at least until the ground sucks it back up. That’s when the growing really takes off because of the excess water and then of course more weeding will come with it too…

3 Likes

In my collection I have 60 seeds that I’ve labelled “90’s mix”. Someone came across a jar with thousands of seeds they saved in the 90s. Mostly brick weed seeds most likely and I’m fine with that but they said they got good stuff like Chocolate Thai, Northern Lights, Purple Haze, etc somewhat regularly too and anything could be in there. I traded them 5 newer and definitely viable seeds for them so nothing lost. I might even eventually run them lol

Welcome to OG :wave:

Mine move so fast they appear completely still :stuck_out_tongue:

Also for the youngsters when he said marble sack he was referring to testicles. Unfortunately it seems that 1983 was the last year they put testicles on baby boys :laughing:

A guy on a podcast was talking about the first movie and he had an idea that would have saved the entire thing. He was talking about how corny and over the top it was and how the fact that it was presented as serious is what killed it. His idea for a final scene would have saved the entire thing- screen fades to black and you start to hear a woman’s voice from a distance. “Billy, Billy come in for lunch honey. You can play with your toys again after you eat”. Then it shows a kid in his backyard saying “ok mom” and getting up and you see a bunch of GI Joes he was playing with.

Really kind of mind blown at the difference it could have made. It justifies all the over the top and corny shit because that’s how a kid would play with them. Makes it a completely different movie.

Hey @Oldjoints you reminded me of a question I’ve had bouncing around the old noggin lately with your F1 question. So an F1 is the first generation of a cross. What I read says that it’s the most desirable as the traits are expressed best, F2 giving way more variation and taking more work to identify the same traits and narrow it down, but that F3 and F4 get it narrowed down again. I believe that’s the gist of what I’ve read. So wouldn’t selfing an F1 give you more uniform results than you would see in your F2?

6 Likes

Did you get my message with the tracking number?

1 Like

I sure did I thought I replied sorry fungus gnat panick attack yours went out sat afternoon cant wait to give them a go and @Slick1 that’s a great question from what i’ve read f1 is better than say f2 or f3 but once you get deeper 4 or 5 it’s a different story very new to the whole breeding thing

2 Likes

Yes it would give you more uniform results but it is narrowed down to only what you get in the F-1 gen.
Personally I like to use the F-2 genetation because of the variation in search of recessive genes that could possibly be more desirable to use in that strain. It’s the same concept of using many plants to breed with instead of a small amount.
Now if what you wanted is in that F-1 then by all means it’s a good idea……

4 Likes

That’s like the end of St. Elsewhere. But take a gander at this mind twister from cracked.com

" Before was there was Grey’s Anatomy or House, or any of the dozen medical shows currently on the air, St. Elsewhere was the medical drama. “St. Elsewhere” was a derogatory name given to St. Eligius Hospital, a rundown teaching hospital in Boston where the show took place.

Part of what made the show unique was frequent appearances by characters from other shows like Cheers, Mary Tyler Moore, and Chicago Hope as well as Elsewhere’s characters showing up on other shows, even a decade after it’s cancellation.

But part of what made St. Elsewhere so memorable was the last episode. The camera pans out from the hospital, showing snow beginning to fall. Then the scene switches to an autistic child playing with a toy in an apartment. One of doctors arrives wearing a construction worker’s outfit, and talks to his father about how he wishes he knew what was going on in his son Tommy’s head, “… he sits there all day long, in his own world, staring at that toy. What’s he thinking about?”

That toy is actually a snow globe with a tiny St. Eligius inside, implying that the entire show (and all the shows referenced within) exist only in the imagination of child."

Then it gets weirder.

"It’s hard to believe that while a gritty drug war rages in Baltimore, Md. (as seen in The Wire), the government is devoting considerable resources to planning a secret alien invasion (as seen in The X-Files). And yet, if you look at the cold, hard facts, that’s exactly what’s going on in those shows.

It all comes down to this dude:
Detective John Munch is best known as a character in the interminable Law & Order franchise, but he first appeared on a different cop show called Homicide: Life on the Street. Homicide was based on a book by David Simon and inspired by many of the same people and events Simon would later use as the basis for HBO’s The Wire. In the last season of The Wire, Simon confirmed the connection between the shows by having Detective Munch make a short appearance.

But that’s not all: Before Homicide was canceled, the show crossed over with The X-Files in an episode where the Lone Gunmen, the conspiracy theorists who occasionally assist Mulder and Scully, uncover a government plot to test an experimental nerve gas in Baltimore. The Gunmen try to warn the authorities, but Detective Munch doesn’t buy any of that conspiracy crap and locks them up. This isn’t some inconsequential little cameo, by the way – the whole episode is framed by Munch interrogating the Lone Gunmen.

The implications are vast: What other toxic agents has the government been secretly testing in Baltimore, a city that The Wire paints as crippled by drug use? Could this explain why they let Sgt. Colvin get away with his “Hamsterdam” experiment for so long in Season 3? The massive coverup at the end of Season 5 had to be a piece of cake to a government that is already hiding the existence of everything from aliens to “Super Soldiers.” Also, this would explain why the characters in The Wire always have such a hard time getting the Feds to cooperate with their drug investigations – they have much, much bigger fish to fry. Like, galaxy big.

We could take this even further if we took into consideration the fact that Homicide: Life on the Street can also be linked to St. Elsewhere , of all things, through two characters who appeared on both shows. St. Elsewhere famously ended when the whole show was revealed to take place in the imagination of an autistic child – and, by extension, so would The X-Files and The Wire .
In fact, according to Dwayne McDuffie’s Grand Unification Theory, “The last five minutes of St. Elsewhere is the only television show, ever. Everything else is a daydream.”
The answer to “I wonder what he sees in there?” was apparently “A lot of CSI spinoffs.”"

4 Likes

Actually that started with the introduction of Petro chemicals after world war 2, scientific research over the last 20 years shows men taints getting shorter (clear indicator across all mammals except hyenas of male/female) and penis/balls smaller along with having reduced sperm count at a 1% per year increase since their approval for widespread public use. Female taints have been growing longer and their eggs are also affected, the opposite of what’s happening to men.

Mainly here in the US too because other countries ban over 1000 phthalates while the FDA only bans 100, not including BPA, BPB, etc. And that’s just one tiny branch of chemicals that stay in you and your children’s systems spread through sperm and eggs down 3 generations, in everything from the plastic tubes collecting our milk to the plastic packaging and storage we use for our foods.

None of this is speculation, researched and peer reviewed scientific fact.

The lazy due diligence if you want a tiny glean of her research (like I did for now)

6 Likes

wow got real serious in here real quick whatever change is or ha taken place in us as a people a a species seems to be happening much faster my childrens generation is so much different than mine holy shit different in alot of ways for the best but not always I digress

7 Likes