Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 4

Hey @Patricia37. Welcome to OG. If you’re interested, I have 3 crosses I made during the Maui Mango Haze run. White Widow, GSC, and Strawberry Diesel x C99, the MMH is the father in all three cases.

I haven’t grown any of them out, so I can’t tell you anything beyond the lineage, but if you’d like some, send me a safe addy, and I’ll send them out. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

11 Likes

Hey there @cannabliss , lol go check out your DM!

Hey cuz, we still need to get together lol I still want some of them Strawberry D beans and got some WW pollen for you also…

1 Like

@Patricia37 indeed welcome if your new to growing then feel blessed because you have found the absolute best resource a new grwer can have by that I mean OG there isnt a better community on the introweb kind geneous knowledgeable but that’s enough about me the rest of these guys are ok too lol just kidding seriously your at the right place couldn’t imagine my grow life without this place actually I remember it sucked msg me if you like might have something for you

6 Likes

Good morning @Patricia37 and welcome to OverGrow! You’ll find some of the most determined folks in the effort to ‘OverGrow the World’ here lol Also super friendly and a lot of knowledge to be found here.

4 Likes

@Patricia37 log on for the 4th of July, I’m sending out 1500+ seeds for a fun giveaway that’s open to all trust levels

10 Likes

That is pretty mindblowing but also kind of hilarious :laughing:

I’ve read a few things that point to that but just simple observation has led me to believe that. Everything has BPA in it including the micro plastics that are in everything. Soy is way more prevalent and is an estrogenic. Just look at the average 40 year old man from each decade and it’s easy to see how it’s effected our physical aging.

Good to know! I’m on a small scale (3 plants at a time average) so it’s definitely enticing to nail down something I’m happy with asap on this small scale instead of having to do a bunch of small runs to hunt.

3 Likes

Love F1 because it gives you a chance at finding a similar match to mom with maybe a touch of dad. F2, F3, F4 all depend on the breeder since they are most likely breeding toward their chosen pheno. Which may not be what I would work it toward.
I like to use f1 right back on Mom and start with BX.
I don’t do fem but an S1 IMO is the same as a BX.

2 Likes

Your best bet is to find a stable strain that someone did a good job with.
That’s the real search if you you have no intention of breeding a strain and then stabilizing it to certain traits.

1 Like

So an F1 generally leans heavily towards the mother? I thought the father would be a decent percentage for some reason.

If you do F1 back on the mom with a BX aren’t you further diluting the father’s input?

Well fingers crossed for my current! The Mother is solid and proven, the father strain is proven on here but the actual father plant I had started life with a busted wing so now I’m hoping that isn’t passed along.

No that is an incorrect assumption. A F-1 has 50/50 input from mother and father but can be expressed differently even in the same phenotype.
Your best chance of finding something closer to the female is in the F-2 generation.

7 Likes

The magic is found in F2s imho. :v:

5 Likes

I can’t wait to make my first F1 not sure what strains I’ll pick yet have a few in mind but definitely want a lot of variety in the pheno I think it will be a lot of fun to grow them and explore the genetics

2 Likes

Generally its easier to see the phenos of each in F1. I usually chose toward the mom since the mom must be killa for me to be using. I would only search for dad if I had no female of the dad, otherwise I would use a female of the dad. If doing that then I would use a totally dif growing mom as so its easier to find a female from dads side.

As for diluting dad, my goal is to isolate whatever pheno I like. Doesnt matter if its mom or dad as long as I breed toward it.

3 Likes

so then why does there seem to be so much more hype over F1’s vs further crosses/backcrosses? at least for me, i know a few people who dont want anything to do with anything thats not an F1

Ok I misread what you said but 50/50 was what I was hoping for… That’s why selfing it to lock it in as much as possible made sense to me. I should have enough to do all of the above but I think it would be neat turn around and essentially make more F1s through selfing an F1 to play with. I only pollinated one branch too so selfing some of what I get off it is appealing just to amass seeds.

Initially I’m looking for as even a split of the two I can get, I want to see where they meet in middle. Fine tuning from there does sound fun though.

F1 are usually heterozygous (Hh) for lots of traits, they will be vigorous do to a lack of detrimental recessive genes, and also somewhat uniform (especially compared to later Fx generations) but also missing the really special positive recessive traits. The recessive traits can/will reappear in F2.

10 Likes

Yep Dirtron nailed it. F-1 are the dominant traits and any generation following has less of the dominate traits. Which is great for the end user, not so great for breeding. So it depends what you are doing and or looking for to which is “best”.

5 Likes

@Slick1 @cannabliss @Oldjoints @Americangrower @OldSchoolNewKid @Dirtron
What a great conversation about breeding and hunting pheno’s, the knowledge is astounding…I’m a sponge! :smiley::+1:

11 Likes

That’s where having a male that you know the genetics traits of comes in nice will make things easier learning about dominant and recessive traits of a new strain since you know what genetic traits the male can pass on

1 Like