Free STS dry chemicals - You pay shipping (GONE until next time)

Hey OG Fam,

I ordered some STS dry chemicals from the Science Company a few months ago, they had issues getting it shipped, long story short they sent me 2 batches of dry chem. One of the 2 batches should produce roughly 80 Liters of STS working solution so 2 batches is roughly 160 L aka just way too much STS for one small operation so I thought I would offer some of it up to the community!

My idea - split and package up enough dry chem to send out roughly 10 packages that will make 1 L of stock solution (that needs to be diluted 1:9 to make a working solution so ~ 10L of working solution per pack). The recipients will be responsible for shipping and the safe use of the resulting solution. So the first 10 folks who call me out @TerpSneeze and say “I want STS and I will cover my shipping” I will PM you to collect safe addresses through private note.

While supplies last!!

Here is Sebrings write up for preparing STS

Only do the mixing process while sober!!

Preparation of STS:
First, a stock solution is made. It consists of two parts (A and B) that are initially mixed separately, then blended together. Part A is ALWAYS mixed into part B while stirring rapidly. Use distilled water; tap water may cause precipitates to form.

Wear gloves while mixing and using these chemicals, and mix and use in a properly ventilated area. A mask will prevent the breathing of any dust, which is caustic. STS is colorless and odorless, and poses minimal health risks if used as described here. Note that silver nitrate and STS can cause brown stains upon drying, so spray over newspaper and avoid spilling.

Part A: 0.8 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 3.16 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants.

Both the stock STS and the working solution should be refrigerated after use, as well as the powdered chemicals, to avoid activity loss. The container used for the stock solution should be covered in tin foil to block the light, unless using a dark bottle. Excess working solution can be safely poured down the drain after use (with ample running water) with negligible environmental impact.

Each liter of stock STS will make ten 1-liter batches of working solution of STS. Distilled water must be used or most of the chemicals will precipitate out of solution in less than a day.

22 Likes

@TerpSneeze, calling you out!!! Definitely up for it. DM me!

1 Like

Done. 9 More to go!

@TerpSneeze I neeeed it, will cover shipping. hit me!

1 Like

@TerpSneeze I want sts and will cover my shipping.

1 Like

@ziggywiggy56 @Kcity87 Done. 7 More still going strong!

Hit me boss-

1 Like

Done. Going like hot cakes but 6 more to go!

2 Likes

I want STS and I will cover my shipping

1 Like

Dang. I just ordered some from Sebring. Good karma coming your way ~ pcc

1 Like

Done. 5 more to go OG!

1 Like

@TerpSneeze “I want STS and I will cover my shipping” :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Done Danny, happy to send you some, keep up the good work in the diamond room. Only 4 more to OG fam, let’s get this buttoned up in less then 2 hours lol

1 Like

I’m waiting on an order from @Sebring but its very generous of you @TerpSneeze .

2 Likes

@TerpSneeze I would like some STS, and will cover shipping. Thank you!

1 Like

@TerpSneeze I want some sts and I’ll pay shippinging!!!

Yes please : ) @TerpSneeze " I want STS and I will cover my shipping "
: )

3 Likes

If there is still some ill pay shipping DM ME

peace out and stayvsafe

1 Like

If not depleted, I’ll take a share. Thanks for the “OG Outreach”!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: BTW: give payment option for shipping, please.

2 Likes

Sounds great would be happy to pay shipping. Can share with my friends who grow !

1 Like