Free your budshots!

Thanks!

My Trichome shots there are taken hand held with a point and shoot camera (olympus tg6). It does have integrated focus stacking as an option but I’d both have to use a tripod and a different light source. I like the way the pictures come out more with the flash, which isn’t compatible with focus stacking on this camera.

I have messed around with focus stacking on my Nikon camera - I still haven’t really mastered it yet though. Any tips would be appreciated

Budshot related -

Triple Sunshine - flash - not stacked

Triple Sunshine - no flash - stacked

28 Likes

@syzygy Those looks great! I remember seeing one photographer on youtube talking about painting the light in with, maybe an extended capture or something… *googling

Light painting is the art of creating photos by setting long exposure times on a camera and using a moving light source to “paint.” A light painting photographer opens a camera’s shutter and keeps it open as they draw in the air with a light source.

But thats some 200IQ shit over my head

6 Likes

Last Chemo plant I have. :unamused:

31 Likes

Light painting is easy in principle but takes a bit of experimenting to get the light how you want it. These were taken in dark on a long exposure a a torch was quickly used to piant in the light source.

@syzygy not much advice I can offer you but I use a hack on my canon camera to implement a script that allows me to set bracketing parameters. Then its a mater of using a macro slide rail on the tripod to multi bracket them and shoot multi pics then move a millimeter or less then multi bracket and so on until I get the depth I want or can achieve.

16 Likes

yo thats sick as hell

1 Like

Purple Frost Giant - WTTGT

31 Likes

Dosi pluto cut by @TestOfOath

34 Likes

Heres my white widow from silver leaf seeds also was mucking about with the light painting and got a nice set of pics. I wont add any more here as it diverts from the budshots but may open a topic on it if people are interested.

17 Likes

A couple of trich pics

Who’d have believed it :thinking:

21 Likes

33 Likes

Very nice. Beautiful.!

2 Likes

What is that!??! What a beautiful bud structure

Goldfish came down today, probably couldve gone another few days but some of the nugs had a decent amber count even with the white hairs up top. Artificial fruit gum smell coming through

23 Likes

(Gorilla Bubble bx2 x Tomahawk) x Bubble Gum bx1. Seeds from @Oldtimerunderground

2 Likes

Pre98 bubba

33 Likes

JOTI gods white banana kush
Hit with pre98 bubba fem pollen

25 Likes

46 Likes

ill drink to that !

5 Likes

Kerosene Kermit Pheno #1

Kerosene Kermit Pheno #2

40 Likes