Fresh cut/Break

So, I had this plant with some problems that calmag seem to fix. But it didn’t fix the problem at the tops of the plant that were too far gone. So I just cut those off. Now the main stem was pretty thick so that cut is leaving the stem pretty exposed. Where I cut is pretty exposed. What can I do to that fresh cut to prevent it from getting any problems? Bugs, rot, etc…

5 Likes

Non pasteurized honey can be good as can painters tape as it’s easy to remove.

6 Likes

You can cut it again nearer to the leaves set with a 45 degrees angle to avoid stagnant water and add that honey (good tip) … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Thanks fellas. It just so happens. I have some of that. A woman down the street from me makes her own honey in her backyard and that’s where I get it from.

All the new fresh growth is starting to bud just like the rest of my plants. I even have a plant right next to this one of the same cultivar from the same group of seeds. But the growth that was yellow and too far gone wasn’t doing anything. It was basically dead and no growth not budding, nothing. So I figured I’d cut it off and let the plant focus on the growth that was budding. I couldn’t wait to see what this dead yellow growth was going to do.

2 Likes

Well, didn’t want to be alarmist in my first post, but I saw that twisted new growth and thought about this:

Broad mites

After reading your comments just in case maybe you should check it … beer3|nullxnull

Edit: I see all the info is in this other thread, you shouldn’t open a new one because we miss all the previous info and issues … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I created a new thread because it was a new problem. I later went back to read new posts on the other thread, and figured it was the same plant. I might as well add it to that.

It had absolutely positively nothing to do with missing anything. I can assure you of that. you could’ve simply asked me first instead of accusing me, or assuming that.

1 Like

I see you’ve continued in the other post, thanks. If I would saw before those yellow leaves you mentioned I wouldn’t have said you could have mites. Lack of information conduced me to a wrong conclusion, that’s what I was speaking about …

1 Like

not sure who you’re referring to?