Light burn or bud rot?

So this plant top buds were like 4 inches from SolStrips. The two tallest buds have some light bleaching. As i inspected I noticed one of the buds look like bud rot.

Ive had a few plants bud rot before and they break apart quite easily. This bud isnt breaking apart. I cant see any mold either. It doesnt look good. But doesnt look moldy either.

The leaves are in rough shape from a K def. Shitty part of running multiple strains in the same system

Room is 40% RH.

Thoughts? Ive never had light burn before. I have had bud rot, this sorta looks like bud rot minus the buds falling apart. I was able to separate the calyxes without anything breaking.

1 Like

Also worth mentioning is i was raising the light 4 days ago and the light fell on this plant and this cola bent in half. It wasnt a clean break so I unfolded the stem and let it do its thing.

1 Like

If you are already getting light bleaching its probably burned hard to tell from pics

2 Likes

Did the branch bend in half or the actual cola get split?

1 Like

The branch bent. I straightened it back up and could hold up on its own.

I could see the branch bent not broken.

I was surprised that was the only thing that happened. A 20lb light falling right on it.

This plant is embarassing. My plants usually look much better but I havent paid much attention to rhis growing. Been working 60hr weeks.

1 Like

Man, the surface doesn’t look too bad though… I hate to say it butI think budrot… how much air flow?

1 Like

first two look like maybe bud rot :frowning: hard to tell

3 Likes

The first two pictures are the same bud. The one the light landed on.

The last 2 pictures are the 2nd tallest cola that looks like light bleaching

I got 500CFM exhaust and 2 circulating fans.

The weight of the light likely squished the bud much like bruising fruit so bud rot it may be i don’t know my eyes are getting old

2 Likes

Ill snip it off then. Better safe than sorry

4 Likes

I thinks it from the lights. I had a cola grow into my light last grow and it was just like that. It a lil hard to see but the cola pulled down in front of fan.

3 Likes

Yeah ive burned colas but only on hps which turns it to dried out toast in no time lol

1 Like

It was most likely light burn or damage from the light falling on it. Or a mix of both. I took the bud off and was able to scope it 50x and could see no mold.

Oh well. Lost probably a half oz but i have a couple dozen other buds the same size.

The sugar leaves were dried out. It could have eventually molded so its whatever.

My first light bleached buds after 10 years of growing lol. This plant just grew way too big.

@SquirtleSquad - take a big whiff and you’ll know instantly. If it’s burned, you’ll smell that distinct odor, and if it’s bud rot, you’ll smell that very distinct smell as well.

4 Likes

Very dealt with bud rot. What does it smell like? Hopefully it will get stored in my brain. Lol

1 Like

Like moldy/musty dirt

4 Likes

This was how close the light was to the tops before figured a way to raise it 6 inches. This was also before the light fell on it.

7 Likes

Thats a very pretty lady right there!

1 Like

Big bitch. They said it was an indica dom. I dont think so. Its double the size of the other 3 i started with it. This was just a tester grow anyways with some of my last freebies I needed to run

1 Like

Some indicas stretch like crazy. My rainbow kush did.