Burn, Lockout, PH?

I repotted these, as soon as I did, we got three bad rainstorms, and at the same time I was neglecting them because of a sick dog.

What’s going on here? I haven’t seen this before.

6 Likes

Early stage iron deficiency. I used to stick a rusty nail in my feed bucket :sunglasses: when growing in soil bro

1 Like

The one pictured is fine. That’s just new growth coming in

3 Likes

Just use some cal mag, should help. This happens when there growing very fast

2 Likes

Don’t use a rusty nail… :laughing:

3 Likes

Man needs to melt iron oxide in a furnace at thousands of degrees to reduce it to usable iron. What mechanism are the plants using?

Plants will not use iron oxide, it’s displaced in exogenous tissue. Doesn’t stop Colorado nute pimps from marketing special low iron trace minerals tho, because their soil is full of useless rust+

2 Likes

Well. All I can say is. A rusty nail has changed my new growth leaves from bright yellow to a nice green on more than one occasion in the past. I’ve done more than one or 2 grows.

Try the calmag. Chances are after a re pot its actually a pH imbalance. Yellow new growth says iron or zinc. Not calcium or magnesium though

How exactly are nails forged?

Plant won’t be as healthy looking as his is showing with deficiencies. New growth will always be a lighter green color. Since he had rainy days and just transplanted, that’s all new growth coming in. His plants are healthy. Sticking a rusty nail in your pot is bro science

2 Likes

I’m not out here to be arguing bro. I’ve seen early stage iron def before and this worked for me. I’m pretty sure if I looked hard enough I could probably find a couple examples. I never stuck it in the pot btw. Just rested it in the feed bucket overnight and added feed after. I may be way off the mark but it wont do any harm trying :100:

1 Like

Most veggie kitchenscraps contain iron, so making compost with kitchenscraps or using a compost tower to throw a wide diversity of kitchenscraps in will provide all necessary minerals and nitrogen.

1 Like

What all is in that feed bucket to cause any kind of chemical reaction overnight?

1 Like

Looks completely fine to me. Just growing fast in the dark and the new growth is lighter green. Usually Happens when flowering is triggered and they start to bolt. Maybe a little too much saturation in the soil for an extended period of time so they are dropping a little but they look healthy to me.

1 Like

What @Cyr_grow said is exactly what is happening. Not sure about the rusty nail tech. Iron sulfate or chelated iron works though and is immediately available to the plant pretty much. I guess if the nail was made of iron and corroded over a few years in a soil some iron could leach into the soil and become bio available but it would take a lot of time for that to happen.

No one is arguing homie. Just putting in my .2 like you. I don’t argue with people who put nails in their growing medium

2 Likes

I don’t know the specifics. I just know I was told by an old grower about 8 years ago to do it when I had the same issues after potting up. And this solved my issues. On a couple of occasions. I’ve seen calcium deficiency, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and theres always a bottle but sometimes the old tricks work great.

I mean like back of the shed in a jar practically fuzzy with rust kinda rust btw.

My straight in dirt fed with tomato feed blueberry autos last time I checked. The stuff I’m smoking Is decent too.

I also put it in the standing water not the medium. Already said this once lmao :joy:

Either way. Enjoy your day my friend. I’m currently on holiday and far too high​:100::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks fellas! They are growing very fast! I do have a fresh bottle of calmag as well.

The leaves are just bright yellow and thin and the plants not reaching for the sun every morning anymore. And the pots are so full of water because of the extreme downpours we’ve had. I was afraid to give it any water even with the calmag in it.

I’m just gonna go ahead and do it though.

This is actually from seeds that I got from a fellow OGer (Maddawg) And this plant has been great It’s entire life up until the re-pot.

I thought it might have something to do with the soil. I used a different soil when I repotted it because I wanted to get rid of it And I was thinking the whole time it was a bad idea. if it ain’t broke, why fix it sorta thing. I’ll give it the calmag and see what happens.

1 Like

Iron EDDHA for soil. Iron DPTA for reservoir.

3 Likes

Looks like they need a good feeling. Sometimes when they start to bloom, they’ll get a little lightheaded.

That picture looks fantastic.

2 Likes

Thankyou man. They’re doing alright. The buds I’m smoking arent too bad either. I’m aiming to start my indoors when I’m back off holiday in time for a winter indoor run. The summer was far too much in a loft.