Fresh Frozen buds,how to handle?

It was last year when I put those buds in the jar and the freezer.Now I would like to know how to dry Them and cure.What happens when I put Them outsider of the fridge?How to deal with Them?
Also,can spidermites Survive at this practice?

2 Likes

I’ve always froze mine AFTER drying and a bit of curing, then into seal a meal pouches or mason jars. So for me it just remove, amd smoke them.
In you case, remove some, after they thaw, I’d try to hang them, or lay them on screen material, to dry out, then sample.
I do not think the plants goodies will be harmed, but I honestly do not know.

3 Likes

Fresh, like not dried?

Make hash?

4 Likes

Fresh frozen hash

5 Likes

i put them in a vac seal not jar. never ran live bubble with them but the guy who does it for me has strong @JoeCrowe vibes. you could figure out what to do with them by visiting his thread.

4 Likes

I think as @shade has stated you may want to check out @JoeCrowe’s

Hash Making Revisited

Post for a ton of info on the subject your are looking for.

Good luck :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Bubble bags are so cheap, I had some unfixable shitty drying conditions recently, instead of risking it I bought some bags for 30-40 bucks and did the deed. I’m thinking I’ll be doing alot more in the future, it’s too easy

5 Likes

@breadwinner , no more drying curing and finished product space saving lol
: )

The plant itself is just contaminant , what’s the point in keeping that , it’s a waste product lol

No time restraints , chop trim fire in freezer , deal with it when you want to
: )

5 Likes

Thank you all,my aim Is to dry and store/cure Them as flowers,but I see It could be more difficult than making some Ethanol extraction
@ifish @Maddawg @NoCal @breadwinner @shade @webeblzr

5 Likes

Not sure if you can cure bud after it’s frozen

So fresh frozen hash is giving you the best chance of having a less but high quality product still

Rather than a lot of maybe poor quality product , hay

4 Likes

That is one I’ve never done or attempted myself.

2 Likes

You need to make hash with it. If you’re not into the hassle of making bubble, just make some fresh frozen dry ice hash. I don’t know how you’re going to dry flower with that much moisture. Most likely you’ll get mold or have to dry them in an oven or something and have poor smoke. Best of luck with whatever way you go!

1 Like

this is what my concern would be, mold. i’d do like someone on up the thread suggested and take some out and try it. i’d think as long as it wasn’t too humid you could throw it in a brown paper bag and let it sit for a few days and see what happens, maybe check it daily. i’d try it and they give those bags out at hardware stores when you buy screws and bolts. good luck with it and please report back if you try it so we can see if it works. i hate hash personally.

2 Likes

I was going to suggest the same thing with ethanol extract. You could also just frozen sift them. Bounce 'em on a screen, get what you can off them, then alcohol extract.

Test it for sure, but you probably ruptured all the cells and it might not be much than a goopy bud by the time it dries.

1 Like

I did this exact same many yrs ago. The fresh frozen buds still needed to be Chopped down into a manageable size for bubble extraction. Problem was they needed to be thawed some before I could actually run them. End result was wet and even tho I re-froze them to get em cold enough for the run, they still put off way too much chlorophyll and so I ended up with a bunch of gumby looking hash. Smoked ok, but naaa. Some time lessons are learned the hard way. I wound up tossing about an Oz of bubble into some grain alcohol after it was dried for a week. Made it a bit better but I lost all my terps. Still burned the nostrils and was super peppery.
Next time plan ahead and just dry it for a couple weeks, then freeze for later hash endeavors.

6 Likes

The problem with freezing fresh material is the moisture will form ice crystals. These crystals will then rupture the plant cells due to the expanding nature of water below freezing, leading to a sloppy mess of plant matter that can’t really turn into smokable bud anymore. So yes, as has been stated, hash is your best bet, that or make butter out of it. Or both.

4 Likes

hah hah I’ve taken the buds after you make hash and dried them out and smoked them. Tastes like hay and doesn’t get you high. You can dry and smoke anything…but I wouldn’t recommend it! Even frozen buds can be taken and dried, but they won’t look normal.

Yummers!

4 Likes

I ll probably do some Ethanol extraction and use some of the Ethanol to do a cannabis liquor
Thank you all.
This happened because I had an Emergency with mold or mites I don’t Remember and salvaged some good buds,put in jar and freezed them for a Better time

2 Likes

Eeyeah, i’d’ve cured 'em then freezered them.

1 Like