From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

So it appears there was no labeling error and that it was just the very weak lighting affecting the growth of the Trip Sun A. I love this plant and it really seems compatible with my setup. 0 veg from cutting and gets about 2.5ā€™ tall give or take.

Some stem frost - not as intense as the SSDD mom though. Nice slender spiky calyxes early on. To me this confirms it is Triple Sunshine A and not C or SSDD F1, which would be the only other 2 possibilities. The high vigor post stretch with no veg secures it as well.

Loving the smell of the Spirit HP 1 as well. Spirit HP2 (stretchy tall outlier) is looking a lot more promising also. Half tempted to just attempt a reveg on that one right now and abandon flowering it.

I culled all the stuff with male flowers and will cull anything else that I see in the future with those issues.

16 Likes

You always knock it out of the park with your pictures brotha!
Also I went thru your past grow adventures. You really went hard with the 88g13hp crosses.

Duly noted as they are up next. :grin:
Does the TS A clone easily or is a finicky one?

8 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s not finicky at all. I never really have trouble taking cuttings from anything that I germinate but I think I was consistently getting roots within 7-14 days on all the Triple Sunshine plants. Reveg is where I struggle haha.

8 Likes

Thanks I typical take cuts around 2 weeks into flower, So I basically have to reveg them too.
Getting better every try. The last attemptā€¦ well we wonā€™t discuss that haha.

7 Likes

Ahh, Iā€™ve only done that a handful of times I think. Hit or miss for me. As long as the mother is healthy and in veg though I seem to get very close to 100%.

eee

Decarbing some SSDD, Untrimmed baba kush and Triple Sunshine A. Intense smellsā€¦

Anyone have any good resources that they liked and have tried for making oils / dosing? Going to play around while I have excess flower that I donā€™t need. Every single time Iā€™ve made edibles in the past theyā€™ve come out way too strong for my liking.

14 Likes

Have you checked out this thread yet?

I struggle with the opposite problem, how to make the edibles strong enough to do anything :sweat_smile: I generally need ~300+mg here

10 Likes

Yeah, I skimmed it the other day and it was partially the driver for my interest in everclear / ethanol. I think I read Zephyr was doing it too but evaporating like I remember the techniques ~ 15-20 years go.

Doing this one with coconut oil. Will probably order some food-grade ethanol post-legalization (dec7).

Ya that definitely does sound opposite haha. I get floored for like 6-8 hours every time I take (make) edibles. Havenā€™t really tried many / any store bought edibles.

9 Likes

Same here I donā€™t even really feel it edibleā€™s under 100 mg need closer to the 200-300 mark to get decent effects I used ReikoX everclear tincture method to make rso for my mother loves it been taking if nightly for the past few months

10 Likes

Maybe itā€™s my hyper active metabolism but I need 750 -1000mg for really any noticeable relaxation.
All day smoker too so that would account for tolerance too.

8 Likes

Since I have only really dabbled in home-made edibles I donā€™t really understand what that dose means but it sounds like a lot.

Awesome, good to hear. I definitely intend to attempt that if nothing else for the experience of doing it. Taking some pictures of Triple Sunshine A flowers to also try my hand at stacking. Will probably post those here later.

9 Likes

Think I need to start with the focus on the closest part as thereā€™s still a lot of blur in these. Seems cool though. Need to figure out a better & diffuse light source for it because flash wonā€™t work. Sometimes where it combines the images it can almost look milky or like mold even though itā€™s not. Will play around with it a bit more.

All Triple Sunshine A - noticed a few seeds in one of the buds, probably from the few nanners that I found on the Triple Sunshine C that run.

23 Likes

These look a little better without direct lighting. Still need to learn more but seems good for budshots.

Triple Sunshine A - dog hair and all

18 Likes

Stoked to run the Trip sun A. SSDD BBS F1 and SSDD F2 too. I plan on running 5 or 6 of each once I pull the males from the seed repro and clean the tent/area. Hopefully I end up with 3-4 females of each to pick from and get a look at the offspringā€¦
I havenā€™t had straight TK or SSDD either but happy to run these for a nice treat. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:
Thanks again brotha!

10 Likes

More Triple Sunshine A - focus stacking test shots. A few seeds in this bud.

test2

Very cool of you to test them all out. I donā€™t remember what SSDD F2 is but I wasnā€™t a big fan of either of either of the new females that were seeded that round (SSDD #2 / SSDD #3). I think middleman may be running a few of them so maybe keep an eye on what he encounters.

If you want some Wifi 43 x SSDD, or Chem 91 x SSDD (Bodhi F1s) to run alongside the other 2 Iā€™d be happy to send 5-6 beans your way. Let me knowā€¦

20 Likes

Good morning brotha :coffee:

Iā€™ve been lurking his thread too. Its where I found out about the SSDDxODC/CJ from @VAkish.
Very fortunate to trade for those.

Really thanks?
I would love to try them, but it may be a little packed if I did 6 each. 5 will have to be the number. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

At this rate @HolyAngel 's SSDD bx is the only one not the list haha.

Here is line up w/out those two.

SSDD side of the next run,
(5) Triple Sunshine A -You
(5) SSDD F2
(5) SSDD BBS F1
(5) Kush 4 x SSDD @Kyumonryu
(5) SSDD x (OGC/CJ) - berry @VAkish
(5) SSDD x (OGC/CJ) - coffee @VAkish

Flavor alley;
(5) Deadzone x (OGC/CJ) @VAkish
(5) Stone Sour F2 @pharmerfil
(5) Goji Og F2 @Uprangewilly
(5) Punchline Bx1 @pharmerfil

I do have a decent amount of Trip Sun A seeds (17) going into this upcoming run, You really hooked me up.
If you would like some back to F2 Iā€™d be happy to send some back your way or If youā€™d like to see them F2ā€™d in the future. Iā€™d be up for that. Let me know brotha.

Hope you have a great day! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

18 Likes

Actually, these two from VAkish

That ā€˜SSDDā€™ there is my ssdd f2 bx1. Itā€™s his selection tho. I have a pack or two of those to run myself :yum:

12 Likes

Oh sweet! I didnā€™t know that.

Nice! Iā€™ll be lurking when you do. You got a more detailed eye then myself since Iā€™m still learning the markers/traits from certain genetics.

Hope you have a great rest of the week brotha!

7 Likes

Ya whatever you feel like doing. I really like what Iā€™ve seen from the SSDD crosses B made and think that I like that male he used more than most of the SSDD F1s I encountered. I think if youā€™re doing a lot of SSDD exploring it may be worth having some of Bā€™s ssdd f1 crosses to compare. Just saying for transparency that I didnā€™t like the SSDD f1s used to make the ssdd F2s (#2 or #3 from the spring run). Itā€™s possible you would like them or that they would be entirely different as f2s though.

Haha no Iā€™m good, I have a decent amount still and the mother is still alive as well. Appreciate the offer though! Can always play Johnny Appleseed with them if you donā€™t need them. I had almost a 1/2 pint mason jar full of SSDD #2 F2s that I scattered the other week. As for F2ing, do whatever you want with them, they are your seeds!

Thatā€™s going to be a very interesting lineup to watch for me. Goji OG can really throw some very nice uplifting phenos. The K4 x SSDD that I sampled I really liked as well. Very relaxing calm mellow buds. Iā€™ll be watching for sure!

When I get home later Iā€™m going to take some pictures of the tent plants. I know the fan leaves are starting to go on everything so I probably should make up my mind whether or not Iā€™m going to try to reveg the spirit HP.

14 Likes

Typically that is where I start when doing stacking. Iā€™ve started from the back before, but I think itā€™s easier to get the front of what you want to capture in focus first.

Looks good though, what software are you using and how many images are you stacking?

Looks kind of like TK to me, def see her in there, mine wasnā€™t quite as fox tailed.

8 Likes

Yeah I see the TK as well and called it in flower lol. I think the foxtail comes from the SSDD actually. My ssdd foxtails like crazy late in flower.

8 Likes