CG | 2x4 | Samsung LM301B/H + 660nm + Emerson | Grow Log

Haven’t grown in years (HID) and decided to give it ago again but this time LED. It started with a large PC Case build using 2x 50w Bridgelux COBs - but has now evolved into a 2x4 tent and me building a quantum board for it.

Grow Specs:

• 2x4ft Tent / Plants: Bagseed (fat leaves, 3 Females, 8 Cola Mainline, 8 Cola Manifold, 4 Cola Mainline)

• 7x QB Strips @ 250w from wall w/ (672 diodes) - each strip has 96 Samsung LM301B/H diodes + Deep Red + IR Emerson.

• Flower: An additional Emerson QB strip for a total of 8, and an addition of 4x Blurple 50w COBs (2x 50w CF Grow 50w Bridgelux and 2x 50w Bridgelux Nuke Head)

• Aluminum extruded madeinusa sinks

• Fertilizer: K.IS.S MaxiBloom in veg/flower, Calimagic, Powdered dolomite, foliar seaweed + floralicious plus. Flowers nutes include: MOAB, Liquid Koolbloom, Calimagic, Floralicious

Three females verified by preflowers, Chances are this grow will have seeds but these are only to get me into the groove again.

My last grow was vegged for 5 months, this has been going on for 2mo, we’ll go with the size of the plants on when to flip.

30 Likes

Hi @ClosetGrower, Welcome to Over Grow!!

Nice looking light & test setup.
It will be interesting to watch your shakeout cruse.
What are you doing on the ventilation side?

Cheers
G

1 Like

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

Light setup looks great

1 Like

Welckme to OG. I like your light setup.

2 Likes

@Gpaw I’m using a 6" 400CFM Hydrofarm inline fan pulling out, and a window AC to bring air in. Trying to figureout how to improve this, may remove the other window and make a false window. I’d also like to add a HEPA filter on the intake in the future.
@pufferfishfiend Thanks!

My buddy who gave me these seeds I’m playing with now is new to growing and had to leave me with his plant (which was clearly stressed/not being fed or something), just transplanted it into a 5 gal and mainlined it for the lawls.

9 Likes

Welcome farmer!

2 Likes

1 Like

Mainline before topping/pruning:

1 Like

After:

1 Like

Manifold after pruning/topping:

1 Like

Looking good @ClosetGrower!

Old school mainlining, I cut my teeth on that. Good job with it too. :+1: :sunglasses:
You went for the first node… (I usually go for the 3rd.)
That manifold is different, you did both the 1st and 2nd node?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

@Gpaw I can’t recall to be fair, but I think it was more like the 3rd node, maybe second. Plus I had them growing under the Blurple COBs which makes mainlining plants stupid fast as they grow tall so fast.

2 Likes

6 Likes

From this morning:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Today’s (7/3/2020) grow tent is getting fuller (a 4th plant + a pepper) - shortly after foliar feeding seaweed/flora plus. After gif below I topped and mainlined the third one I just brought into the tent.

Disassembled one of the PC grow’s 50w COB grow light to see if it would be easy to upgrade. Planning on buying Nuke Head’s to use in between the heatsinks/side lighting during flower. Use thermal compound and attach them to the leftover heatsink on either side of the samsung strips.

4 Likes

I cannot see how they can sell that cob at 5.99. :thinking:
The parts cost (in volume) alone is about that. I know that parts costs inside China is lower than what anybody else can get externally but 5.99 is crazy cheap.
Double check your thermals when you do your upgrade. :+1: :sunglasses:
Please post your results, I really want to see how this works out!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

No idea but I’m not complaining! I figure 2 more Nuke Head’s and my 2 current bridgelux cobs will make flowering that much better. Just purchased lens, a reflectors and gaskets for the Nuke Heads.

5 Likes

Those are them in the fixtures? OK!

• What color did you pick?
  • How was the heatsinking? lined up OK?
  • Did you use new thermal interface material?

That ‘blue’ module just covers into the UV-A spectrum… :thinking:.

I have mixed feelings about lens, it knocks off about 5% but required if you are thinking of spraying in there. Considering its 50W and it has a nice reflector (that is a good plus) I’d do it too. Have a close look at them in a year or 2 to see how they are doing.

Cheers
G

2 Likes