Full hip replacement

My wife has both knees and both hips replaced over the years, @Carty. All of her joint replacements are at least 10 years old and still working well. Your weight loss is the best thing you could have done to prepare for surgery. Be diligent with the physical therapy exercises afterward too.

9 Likes

nice bed side manner brother hahahah maybe you should stay in the waiting room lol :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, this is what screws most people up, Do Your Physical Therapy Don’t Miss Appointments and Never, I Mean Never, discontinue physical therapy once it’s done. They send you home with a Home Physical Therapy Plan. Do it. If you stop when your insurance coverage of appointments ends. Or just because you think your fine. You will regret it. Mobility and Physical therapy are Key to any successful recovery. Peace :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s exactly what happened with my knee. It was a longer than I expected recovery but now, it’s heaven. I can now bounce up and down stairs with ease!

Most definitely this. Gotta hit it like a boss and embrace it.

3 Likes

My hip-pain is just starting. Excruciating for the last few weeks. Was worried it was something else, but heck, it hurts enough to just be worried about my hip.

3 Likes

It hurts when I pee lol jk

4 Likes

I’m sorry my friend.

4 Likes

I was having problems with my back. I lost a lot of weight. I wasn’t fat I just quit eating and wasn’t working out. The chiropractor got my back to crack finally. My lower bud. Area. Lol i’ve been having major problems with my knee. I think I’m OK for right now but I sure feel you on that hip replacement. Therapy drinking plenty of water. You’re in my prayers

3 Likes

I’m so happy for you Big Dude and I know that it’s not easy losing weight when you are physically hurting and my Dad had to go to swimming so I will most definitely be thinking about you and the wife on the 12th and I know that it’s gonna be a big help stay strong and The Dude Abides

5 Likes

Steroid injections may help you. It is time to check with an Orthopedic Doc when pain level interferes with normal activity.

3 Likes

Big congratulations for the weight loss!! We have to fight that battle, everyday, ourselves.
The folks we know that went through the hip swap out, did fantastic, and were getting around very very fast, IMHO!! Best wishes for you and yours!!

4 Likes

I had my right hip replaced a little over six years ago.
My original hip was shattered when I was hit by a Honda Civic.
ORIF was performed on my hip shortly after the collision, unfortunately it did not
work well, as I could not stand or try walking without considerable pain, so a new hip was needed and installed.
After some physical rehab I was able to walk again without any pain.
Beginning to walk again however was not all that easy because my left tib fib was also shattered by the Honda. But unlike my hip, it was repaired nicely by the ORIF procedure.

I only become aware of my artificial hip when I smoke ganja, otherwise I never really notice that my hip is not my original one.

Best of luck with your surgeries and recovery.
And as mentioned above, be sure to follow your Therapist’s advice and make sure you do the work as instructed.

8 Likes

Good luck with the replacement.

Same here

2 Likes

Yeah Buzz, injections worked twice and then stopped…
Full hip replacement is the only option at this point.
Needing both done for 10yrs now has been excruciating.
Looking forward to it all, even the PT after…

4 Likes

The PT is very important. I’m sure you will feel a lot better. Three days ago I could barely walk was supposed to get surgery today. Didn’t really trust him. Looked at a few massage videos. Therapy of course. Feeling a lot better it is not over with and I’m not cured.

3 Likes

Ms H has had both done. She started doing specific exercises 6 months before the 1st. It’s been 4 years since the last, and she still does them. Sticking to the PT’s advice was critical for a speedier recovery, too.

They’ve got the replacement stuff down pat down now. Good luck :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s what sad they want you to wear out one side and then the other sides wore out. I’ll be praying for you. I can’t believe what happened today the problem I’ve had with my left foot. And a massage therapist took care of it. I’ve had problems with that foot for almost 30 years. She fixed it in five minutes. I was supposed to get knee surgery. I had several questions that were not getting answered like I felt. Not only did she find that problem. When she was rubbing my knee. She said you feel all that right there. And I said yes. I said that is where my pain is coming from. She said that is because I have scar tissue and it doesn’t matter what they do to my knee if they don’t get the scar tissue I’m still gonna have pain in my leg. It goes to show that they are all about the money some of them.

1 Like

My uncle had one and I was amazed how quickly he was back on his feet :+1:

3 Likes

That’s what I hear. I hear that some people have been in so much pain. Soon as they get the replacement the pain is different and you want it to heal up.

1 Like

My uncle sent me a photo of his ass wound from his hip replacement.

He’s up and walking already believe it or not. :+1:

6 Likes