Fun with hole diggin

Yup, better terpene profile. Plus no chemicals going in your body.

I’m in ground, so I hopefully don’t have to water every day. Mine was all what I could carry in my backpack when I was guerilla growing. Lots of work, but lots of reward as well.

I want to see some pics of what you got going on man.

1 Like

the first pic is a black widow strain now at 4 feet. Second pic is a fruity pebbles strain at 3 feet and 3rd a chernobyl strain at 2.5 feet. I started all three of these strains on March 3rd. Put them out on April 18 just less then one day after our last snow. I shot u not I planted all three of them less then 24 hours after our last snow.

9 Likes

Those are going to be trees! :deciduous_tree:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Deepest hole I’ve ever dug was 8 feet deep and 2 feet in diameter. Was for a temporary outhouse when doing tree planting in the bush. Government said for an outhouse to be legally safe for the environment, it had to be at least 8’ deep and filled back in before we left the site. People thought it was a shitty job, but I probably had the most fun and the slackest job on day one.

8 Likes

Nice man. Gonna be bigger than mine which are currently re-vegging. Looking good.

These are recovering from transplant shock.

7 Likes

I keep looking for the head stone…
:ghost: :rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:
Cheers
G

4 Likes

How’s your grow doing Badger

1 Like

I will try to go tonight and get some pics. Last evening when I went and watered it was dark enough, I couldn’t see that well. I have a few more holes to dig as well. I had a friend give me a space monkey and a strawberry glue that I am hardening off right now that I’m gonna either transplant of go straight into the ground with.!
Durban kush and Sunday Supreme on their way to re-veg.

Thanks for asking buddy!!

Space Monkey is on the left

Durban kush on the left

11 Likes

Best get that Space Monkey in the ground - it looks like it is about to go 'Ape shit!!"

:rofl: :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

What is up with the fading serrations?

Cheers
G

5 Likes

It is day number 4 hardening off for her. I will soon. Damn, more, digging. :joy:

I’m not really sure what is up with that. I assume it happened while the clone was rooting, and it came from a friend. I wasn’t there for that part. The new growth looked good, so I didn’t worry about it. I gave her some compost tea.

2 Likes

I think it will be fine. That’s a good friend you got there. Everything looks perky and ready to shine!

2 Likes

Even better man, most people around here want to pump the plants full of synthetics. We are both living soil guys. It’s awesome to meet like minded people to bounce ideas and techniques off of. He is a really good guy.

5 Likes

I feel the same man. I’m excited about this organic grow. I wish I could afford to do my entire garden like that. I keep reading about all the benefits to this organic live soil good bacteria stuff. Im still surprised how fast my plants took of after transplant. They immediately started growing and I know it was from that compost tea that I made. Don’t want to rush you but I’m really curious to see how your plants are doing

3 Likes

I had to start off using compost from not the best place. It still gets expensive. Im pumped too man, and glad you are excited about it.

I have a worm bin, but it isn’t that big, so I ended up buying castings at a point too. Amendments aren’t cheap, especially kelp and bichar. It does add up, but start small, and work your way up.

Im living in a rent house man. It will be better once we get a place and I can do all this work again for my own place. We all gotta start somewhere.

It’s super hot, so I am hiding in the shade instead of walking to get pics :joy:

4 Likes

The are not looking that great so far. I believe Gpaw may mention this is the reason to let your living soil cook longer than what I have. I’m guessing the nutrients aren’t available yet, and I am getting a nitrogen deficiency. I gave them some fertilizer and maxicrop. I’m going to brew them a worm tea right directly as well.

Edit: I may have compounded my problem after some more research. We will see. I guess that is why the saying is live and learn.

10 Likes

Your plants don’t look bad at all. They need nitrogen that’s all they look like they need. Other then than that they look good and perky, leaves out. I wouldn’t worry about giving them to much nitrogen as long as u give them a few gallons of water with it. I’m not telling you what to do badger but I would make a 5 gallon bucket of tea with a half bag of blood meal in it or give them 3 to 4 scoops of miracle grow each. I think you have plenty of time for your plants to start utilizing the blood meal. Depends on the wallet. Other then that them plants have lots of potential in my opinion…

5 Likes

It is just frustrating to me, after all the time and effort on mixing living soil, for them to need nitrogen. I just didn’t let it cook long enough I believe. I think the leaves are doing the taco because it was extremely hot around the time I transplanted. That or my oyster shell flower isn’t available yet. I know they will pull out of it, but when I went over and expected them to look nice and green, it took me back a step.

The lesson to be learned, patience.

I have some worm tea brewing, and they will get that tomorrow evening. It should give them a little nitrogen off the bat and start fixing the rest of it, to make it available.

3 Likes

I don’t think you messed up man they just need nitrogen. Everywhere I read says not to cook the tea any longer then 36 hours or it starts to go bad

4 Likes

I mean the living soil. It has to cook (compost) for at least a month. If not, it can get hot from the microbes breaking down the raw additives into a plant accessible from. Hot soil with non accessible nutrients is what my plants may be suffering from. It doesn’t look too bad, I hope.

The only real way to tell on tea is if you put it under a microscope to see what type of microorganisms you have. Without that, you are really just guessing. Some teas don’t get really good until 36-48 hours. It all depends on what you start with.

4 Likes

Yeah microscopic work would not be out of the question. I would do microscopic work on my teas if I knew what to look for as far as good and bad bacteria look like in a organic feeding program for the different growth cycles of the Marianas plant. I wouldn’t know what to look for

3 Likes