Gardening Gear Essentials: What's your need-to-have equipment for your grow?

Hey guys. Was just ponding over some potential upgrades for my grow and thought it might be useful to see how other people are approaching their grows and what they use to overcome issues be it niche or universal, or maybe you’ve just discovered/created the best version of a tool. So, here’s a few things I’ve found to be useful:

Binderclips/Rubberwire for LSTing

Clothespins for hanging branches to dry

Ratchet Straps for hanging/attaching stuff

A dry-erase board to keep track of things in my tent

Gardening Chopstick. Useful for a lot of stuff actually. I got one with some other stuff I ordered. It’s useful for carefully digging around in your soil and planting seeds, works great as a splint if you break a branch.

Lint roller cuz cat

Cool Air intake: Made an intake of a styrofoam cooler because it gets really hot here and our ability to AC is limited, so when it gets really hot I can just dump ice in there and it will pull cool air into the tent.

So what do you guys use?

11 Likes

Hole punch and grommet tool.

Soft plant ties.

Bamboo stakes.

8 Likes

Butcher twine for LST

Bungees to hang things.

I tie a spiderweb of heavy thread to hang branches.

I use a bamboo skewer instead of a chopstick

:laughing:

Also duct tape

9 Likes

16 Likes

sometimes the litfa is the most difficult :laughing:

6 Likes

lol Yeah took me a couple months of hovering over my guys before I started learning that watchpots don’t grow.

3 Likes

White board is what I need… I have half a mind to write on my white poly walls.

Loupe! Don’t forget that. I too use bamboo skewers as a garden tool. I’ve snapped a few digging, but I have like 99 more.

6 Likes

99 skewers dig a ditch with one

3 Likes

Big pack of disposable razor blades. Exquisitely handy to have around.

Buckets.

Shop vac/broom.

Contractor bags.

Jars.

Acid drain cleaner (sulfuric acid…removes mineral crust fast)

Nitrile gloves

Other than the hardware, nutrients, meters, media etc…there’s still a lot of miscellania you’ll find useful.

7 Likes

Utility pump
Shop vac
Farmer armour
pH/EC meter
Roll of zip ties
Cotton thread
Pvc pipe
Buckets
Microscope

6 Likes

Yellow yo yos to hang branches and yellow sticky sheets for pests.

5 Likes

Ph / EC pen

3 Likes

metal screw hooks, for holding cords and other stuffs to the wall or ceiling.
If you have the room and the need… Some pullies and dog run cable, and cable clamps. To make an easy way to adjust lights without wrestling around your plants.
A little bit of chain at end of cable to hook on the screw hook in the wall to hold light at desired height…
Rolling tray
New scissors
Good lighter
Cold beer( optional)
.edit.
Almost forgot.
A double headed axe to fall some treeezzz😆

5 Likes

Ikea octopus thing

7 Likes

Solo cups
Paper towels
Ziplocs
Net
Hps glasses
Loupe
Milk jugs
Jiffy plugs
Nutes
Extra cal mag
Twine
Q tips
Nitrile gloves
Razors
Drying rack

3 Likes

Pencil
Notebook
Seeds

3 Likes

Essentials water seeds soil light lol but as far as tips and tricks I love trellises for lst hanging and drying vertically so you can move em around like curtains plus zero wasted space. Bamboo always comes in handy at some point.

1 Like

Ag trellis nets zip ties sun glasses my pipe and some of last years bud . Mosquito spray water hose maybe a cup of black coffee while I wander the garden just had a little rain . Orchard ladder is a must have for outdoor growing on uneven ground .

1 Like

Cheap little digital thermometer/hygrometers everywhere for growing, drying/curing.

A farmer friend for goat/rabbit poo inputs

Microscope/jewelers loupe for scouting pests and scoping triches

I also am completely in love with my blumats

2 Likes

Hygrometers, need a new one, knocked mine over and stepped on it yesterday :unamused: should probably get a few. These look pretty dope.
https://hydrobuilder.com/grow1-indoor-outdoor-temperature-humidity-hygrometer-with-probe.html?___store=default

Hps glasses, I use ipowers.

Humidifier(things I need to get but haven’t yet) looking at this one since I’ve got a big room and it gets dry af in the winter.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O0WOO74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_2E0JFRGYX6Y0BPTXVFER

I love my fiskars. Way better than the cheap dollar store trimmers I used last time.

Never thought of a whiteboard, but thats a good idea and now on my list.

Twine, twist ties, masking tape are all good to have on hand.

Definitely getting some tomato cages for plant support.

Tape measure, stud finder(I find myself adjusting light placement more often than I should, still getting things dialed in)

Air purifier is also on the list

Tarp

I need to get a bigger drying tent too. Which will probably need its own humidifier and dehumidifier and air purifier.

1 Like