Things you cant live without & Things you regret having.

Hello everyone. Im a noob facing transplant shock and slashing a plants limb after a vent fell on it (will post soon a journal), but thats here nor there because this is about what purchases you value the most and the least. Ill start:

Purchase I didn’t think I would need but is absolutely a life saver

Out-take vent fan and passive intake - prob the thing I undervalued the most. I though having a fan would be enough until i started having wild humidity swings and temperature swings. Getting a vent to draw air out, and leaving a duct to have a passive intake was probably the most useful thing i have done.

Purchases I’m ok with but can improve in cost or efficiency

Lights. I have a 5 Chilled pucks, three are the chilled/growmau5 V2 pucks, and two are the chilled Puck V4. Which are very nice, but as far as I understand I can get the same thing much cheaper with a Meiju or some other Chinese brand that carry those LEDS (LM301b). Even the Samsung ones are made in China so…

Purchases I totally wasted money on.

Cannabis specific fertilizers - dumbest thing I ever did, those feeding schedules are nuts. I purchased a general fertilizer (peters 20-10-20) and im doing much better.

5 Likes

Best piece of kit

AC Infinity T6 I see they have jacked the price… but still the best deal.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Lots of my humidity problems & temp swings went away after I added my 6 inch AC Infinity T6 fan , I have had very good experience with it .

3 Likes

Best purchase
Pulse Grow Monitor. This thing let’s me know if lights are on/off when they shouldn’t be, temps get too high/low, and humidity spikes/drops. The pro model also notify me if my CO2 bottle runs put and does PPFD and spectral analysis.

Worst purchase
My original “blurple” LEDs. I think I paid $300 each for a 100w panel (advertised as 180W).

3 Likes

I have a feeling we’re going to continue to see the prices of the S & T series fans increase across the board to make room for the A & B series fans.

Aside from them appearing to be all plastic, I can’t see any other significant difference between the Cloudline LITE (A & B) and the Cloudline (S & T).

That said, I might consider an S6 plus a Controller 67 for $160 vs a T6 with the older model controller for $150.

2 Likes

It’s a hard choice but I really like my inkbird. Makes drying so much easier.

I hate my blurple but it was a good purchase at the time and has had a good life.

3 Likes

Interesting i dint go with the cloudline because i dont run a filter. but good to know if I go with a bigger space. thanks!

I have a strong suspicion they will drop the current controller and replace it with the model 67 down the road.
Looks like I need to check out the LITE series, thanks.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Yep. Probably about the time they have a new fancier controller to sell separately. :laughing:

2 Likes