General use Gardening thread

This is a problem I’d like to have geez lol

4 Likes

19 Likes

I’ve tomatoes testers in soil so I’ve some idea what to expect next year and I can work out times to prepare seeds etc i hope they fruit this year but its probably too late.

It’s been around 3/4 weeks since sowing and there’s 90% of the seeds up now.
Different phenos two are more sativa leaning :crazy_face:

It’s been less than ideal conditions with steady temps below 20c and overcast mostly.

I tied some branches to pull them around and even out the growth, I unhooked it yesterday and its a success it didn’t spring back like I expected.

13 Likes

@Star_Dog the other two are lambsquarters
;o)
Still edible.

7 Likes

Got these today. With a bunch of weak ass onions :rofl:

12 Likes

Thanks bud, I had to Google lambs quarters tbh, so its no even a tomato plant then lol
I picked two of each type to re pot to see if there was any difference once they got growing.
They did come out of the seed pack afaik it would’ve been amusing trying to work out what’s happening with me thinking they’re tomato plants :rofl:

Have I been blatantly robbed with those seeds or is there maybe room for an excuse :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I would say the seeds were in the soil or came from being left out in open air.

2 Likes

First tomato’s of the year,

Black Brandywine, Black Russian, Tigerella, Golden Sunrise and Red Cherry, still some varieties ripening and loads more of the above to come. Hopefully will be overwhelmed with tom’s
Chilli’s not doing so well tho - only Basket of Fire fruiting so far :disappointed: but hopefully more will pop their fruit soon.

21 Likes

That’s what I thought too! Looking at them going “do tomato seedlings look exactly like lambs quarters when they sprout? Huh… :face_with_monocle:
Glad you confirmed what I was also thinking.

1 Like

Tomatillo seedlings are alot closer to lambsquarter, but I agree lambsquarter. I also see a tomato seedling under one.

5 Likes

Hey @luxton

1 Like

Bingo bango, watching now… Thanks @Pawsfodocaws!

2 Likes

No problem man enjoy!

2 Likes

At one point there was some discussion about setting up a thread for sharing heirloom beans from fruits and veggies… My Mrs is looking for a trading post like that, and I knew there was some talk about it, but I’m not sure if it got very far…

If there’s interest, perhaps this thread can kick that off?

Thoughts?

We should have a massive amount of sunflower seeds we can start sharing pretty soon.

17 Likes

Sounds great ! :grin:

4 Likes

I’m super interested in this but I don’t have too many heirloom seeds, but I’m about to harvest some tulsi seed pods!

4 Likes

Right on… Well, I guess we have to start somewhere! :grin:

Whenever I wake up (it’s currently 4:10am, still waiting on the sandman) I’ll go through my seed packs and see what I have around.

I’ll post up what I have and let’s see what we can start here!

6 Likes

I usually grow 3-4 varieties of heirloom tomatoes each year.
I save seeds at the end of each season to use for the next year.

I have Cherokee Purples, German Stripeys, Black Plums and Black Cherries.
More than willing to donate however many you folks want. I let them sit in water for a few days, then rinse them, dry them, and store them in ziplocks. Haven’t had any trouble with germination doing it this way.

10 Likes

Hey there bud, I am interested in some of your tomatoe seeds you have or harvest. Let me know if I can dm you about them. @Lobstah

2 Likes

I could swing you some pepper seeds :smiley: :hot_pepper:

2 Likes