General use Gardening thread

oooo pepper seeds you say??

2 Likes

Yes sir. Also to note there has been a thread like this started one sec I’ll link.

2 Likes
1 Like

oh sweet, I searched for “heirloom”, along with a ton of other terms and couldn’t find anything fruit/veggie related.

2 Likes

I have scotch bonnet, peach.

Some Carolina reaper

Poblano

Chilis

2 Likes

Also red yellow and green bell pepper seeds. And some banana pepper I believe.

1 Like

Peach peppers?? I haven’t heard of such a thing before…what kind of environment do they need?

1 Like

I’m out of likes, lol… I’m cool with continuing on here or jumping over there

2 Likes

They are peach scotch bonnets. Dry and we’ll idk I grow them in a ton of humidity and they do fine. I’m growing supper Chilli and super cayenne s in the garden this year also a 2 ghost and a scorpion.

1 Like

Let’s hop over there. This place should be merged. @TeamOG

3 Likes

@luxton I’ve merged your thread with the gardening thread as was suggested. Feel free to re-open an independent heirloom trading thread if the subtopic become difficult to manage.

7 Likes

Sure…I’m probably going to be drying this week or next, so can send them out then. I’d love some poblano seeds.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what this thread is built for ,)

3 Likes

Thanks @Northern_Loki

1 Like

I’m still looking for real datil pepper seeds. willing to trade!

p.s. any rose growers here? :rose:

3 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like

I’m outta like for another while, but thank you! I didn’t find this thread before when I was searching before, I’m stoked it’s here!!

2 Likes

One time I picked a big bowl of figs and forgot about them.It rained, the bowl filled with water and the day after I found them. In an effort to not waste them developed this method and it makes a pretty good Seedless fig jelly. I have recently come to find out this is similar to how date syrup is prepared.
4#s fruit

soak over night

boil and mash for 45 mins+

sieve/filter

1-4# sugar depending on taste
34 grams agar 34 grams pectin ( or just use gelatin)
12 half pints

let steam build (10-15 mins) then Pressure cook @10PSI with loose lids for 20 mins

16 Likes

I will have some heirloom tomato seeds in a few months - will update the varieties when I am a little more sober - am willing to send out if anyone is interested

Very interested @luxton - let’s give it a whirl :smiley: :smiley:

8 Likes

Right on, I’d be down for some heirloom tomatoes :grin:… My Mrs knows our non-canna seeds, if I get a chance tonight I’ll get her signed up :grin::metal:

7 Likes