Ghandis Grow op

Just a few pictures of what I’m having a go at growing at the minute. I’ve never really grew anything apart from a couple of weed plants so it will be fun. :slight_smile:

Edit: And maybe a few other random pics I want to share if that’s ok.

12 Likes

Top left are Bolivan Rainbow Chilli seedlings.
To the right are Gherkin and Blueberry seedlings a couple of Cucamelon and a few tomato seedlings and 3 Coleus Blumei.
In the top right corner they are some kind of Cacti seedlings.
The ferns are my Asparagus and the rest are Celery seedlings.
I have more Asparagus in the garden and I planted some Onions today.
I also have around 30 Tomato plants at my allotment. I got a bit carried away with those :sweat_smile:
I planted some peas the other day too.
Not sure if any of them will grow with the shit weather we have in the Uk but it’s worth a try.:wink:

16 Likes

Cacti

I planted some Orange seeds a while back, they have also emerged.
They are either off the Blood orange or the tangerines I was munching on.

10 Likes

Isn’t it awesome to produce your own veg?! If I had the space I’d do it all year round inside.

Nice work. :v:

5 Likes

I’ve never really tried apart from a few years ago when I grew some Corn and Artichokes.
I’ve just remembered about them now :sweat_smile:
The corn turned out shit but the Artichoke plant is a beast. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dip for dayssss :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I tasted a few when it first started growing.
They didn’t taste very good.
Will they taste better now that they are established do you know?

2 Likes

The heart is at the centre of the bud and that’s where you will get the taste you want.

3 Likes

I like the petals but the first lot just didn’t have that nice taste I like.
I’ll try them again soon.

No wonder they tasted like shit :sweat_smile:
I’ve just read you’re supposed to take them when they’re bigger.

I read somewhere else to take them when they were small :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Hahaha what a potato :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just read the Artichoke plants suck up all the Nitrogen out of the soil.
That means the leaves will be as good as comfrey and such??
Gonna make some tea with some of the leaves as they are humongous it looks prehistoric.

2 Likes

Bro where did you buy your coleus eBay is fuckry for the better colours :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I bought them off ebay I think.
I only got them as I have read some mad stuff on them.
Rainbow mix I think they were called.

2 Likes

I don’t know what kind of space you are working with, but 4 tomato plants have taken up about 8 feet in space in my garden, but they are cherry tomatoes and grow tall. I believe one determinant type will easily spread 3 feet across. lol

2 Likes

Let me know if this works out, my artichoke plant is fucking HUGE! I would love to put some of those monster leaves to more use than just taking up space.

3 Likes

I think once you begin to see results from your initial grows that meet or come close to your expectations it will further your interest into it more… and can possibly become as addicting as it is to growing weed…

Gardening in any form is therapeutic…keep at it, you will be rewarded…:four_leaf_clover:

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

@Ghandisflipflop I’ve got a cherry tomato plant here I’ve grew from seed you can have if you want. It’ll need an up pot to make the most of her though as she’s a big girl already. I’m gonna up pot the other 3 and move them into the back garden soon so they get full sunlight :+1:

1 Like

The majority of the tomato plants are from a Cherry tomato I was eating. I’m not even sure if they will bare any fruit. The rest are San Marzano.
I’ve planted a couple of Cherry toms at my allotment. Going to plant a few more and put some in my neighbours gardens.

2 Likes

Most of my toms are from Cherry tomato I was munching on mate :wink:

1 Like

I thought you bought all your Tomato plants at the shop.

1 Like

It is very therapeutic I agree.
Very relaxing, I was out in the garden yesterday and was soo chilled out.
I had a few joints of zombie kush so that added to it :slight_smile:
It started absolutely pissing it down with rain, I was that chilled out I just carried on regardless and got drenched but I wasn’t bothered.
It was bliss :sweat_smile:

4 Likes