Ginger Rick's Unidentified Flowering Object

What a roller coaster of a ride. Sorry for the losses but also happy you still got a decent result.

3 Likes

Sucks that you had to chop early, but I’m looking forward to seeing a full grow start to finish.

Those cuts, did you buy them or clone/germinate them yourself?

3 Likes

Any landing you walk away from is a good one! :sunglasses: :+1:
Great save and now you will be one step closer to perfecting your machine.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I am blessed to have a friend with their ACMPR and a bigger house out in the suburbs. They are far less nerdy and far more hermit like than I am, so it’s a good situation for both of us. They get fulltime tech support for their grow and I get a genetic librarian and the chance to run some experiments. When I’m getting a month out from the end of a flower cycle I stop by and we cut some babies and by the time I need them I have four lightly vegged plants ready for me. He gifts them to me so it’s fully legit. This is the only way I’ve been able to keep up with the medicine on only four plants thus far, and it’s been a big help.

I also have a bit of a surplus gear, insufficient storage issue at times, but lucky(?) for me I also have a glut of friends who like to puff herb but are again not technically minded. At the moment I have a few previous cabs leant out to friends that are pretty much along for the ride. I say run this like that and they say yes sir I just want to get high captain! Let’s me try some different things without messing with my main supply of meds. I’ll be calling these units home once my ACMPR license arrives though, so I imagine I’m gonna have to build a few new cabs for my friends next year.

I’m going to be taking over the head librarian role once I can have my mothers at my place, although my current librarian pal will keep backups of everything I’m sure. This was one of the reasons I finally decided to apply for my license recently. Current selections in the library include Diamond Kush, Master Kush, Death Bubba, BlackBerry, old school Blueberry, Strawberry Cough, and Lemon Haze. There’s a bunch of beans I want to get popped soon as well though, including some nice old school strains from the early 2k years. A vancouver island Fat Bastard that was a yield king in its day that I’d love to find a male in, some classic Colombian Red sativa, an amazing old Jordan of the Islands strain called Casbah that I really hope germinates, and too many more.

5 Likes

Thanks man, but you know the truth is, there were no losses.

I gained a little less bud.
I gained a little more knowledge.
A good grower needs to yield both.
:wink:

8 Likes

I see, a glass half overflowing kinda guy. Way to be :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That there is beyond weirdness, I love it.
Here I was thinking I did strange stuff splicing up cables and popping in 12v relays connected to a modular thermostat PCB :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey man thanks for the love!

Glad you like it, stick around a while and I might just infect you with this madness. I’m trying to get a good guide to the RaspberryPi and Mycodo side of things. Honestly, if you can splice a cable to a relay like that this is totally within reach for you.

So what I’m saying here, basically is,
Come over to the Dark Side! :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement, Mycodo looks like a dream come true.

6 Likes

Cool setup. I don’t have a grow room but I’ve been looking at getting a raspberry pi to play around with.

1 Like

If you can dodge a car you can dodge a ball…

3 Likes

DO IT! And for the record, technically, I dont have a grow room either, just some shitty looking old cabinets… well, shitty looking from the outside at least! :laughing:

3 Likes

Hey now those are related skills… just a matter of scale! :grin:

Never know until you try new things, never thought I’d be vegging in candy jars and growing organic…:metal::sunglasses:
https://vine.co/v/O1AwluM75wd/

1 Like

Exactly brother! People always ask me “How did you learn to do all these things?” and my answer is always the same. I didn’t know how to do it when I started, I just did it anyways. Bang your head against it until it gives or you do. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

My approach is try whatever crazy idea pops into your mind, but write everything down. If it didn’t work, cool, figure out why. If it did, cool, now do it again.

Eventually you’ll develop whatever techniques work best for you.

It’s like honing any craft, really.

6 Likes

Your diary has been a sweet read so far @Ginger_Rick! I dig the UFO, also interested to see the motherbrain’s final form. I had not heard of Mycodo but it’s definitely something I’ve been searching for. Lots of gems on hackaday. That’s a great find, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Cheers bud, glad you’re enjoying it. I swear I’m gonna get a more in depth dive up on Mycodo one of these days. Life, it’s a busy affair…

3 Likes

Funny how it usually goes great first go around, then you try to recreate what you did and get a big head and start killing shit, @pufferfishfiend has it write. Document and repeat the good, tamp down bad and find a sweet spot…:metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

duct tape , hammer and a strong head

2 Likes