Ginger Rick's Unidentified Flowering Object

the one’s that had sense, avoided me. from what, I recall? go figure!

1 Like

Well it’s been a minute, time for an update!

This is day 41 of flower.

I haven’t given them a haircut in a bit, its getting jungly…
Time to pull these ladies out and give em a proper defo.

I didn’t get any pictures on the right side before the defo. I got started, my fingers get sticky and I dont wanna goo my phone. This is just after I switched sides and also gloves. I’ve pulled the strawberry cough out…

Smells amazing, really looking forward to it!
She’s a very well behaved passenger, doing great, and except for a few shady leaves she got a big fat helping of everyone’s favourite product.

Thankfully, LITFA can be applied as a foliar on a case by case basis, which is a great feature, because with Diamonds onboard there can be no adding it to the res this round!

Diamond Kush is not ideally suited to captivity, and honestly prefers a more spacious environment. One day I’ll get a chance to run her as a tree outdoors… someday girl, I promise…

Ah hell, she’s trying to climb into the cockpit again!

Ok I wrestled her outta the back seat and, well, she’s all kinds of messy. Been misbehaving back there where it’s hard to get at her.

Lemme just get cleaned up a bit here and… oh. Wow.

An hour later, my arms smell so delicious my wife will probably try to smoke em! :laughing: She’s looking much better now, all clean and lean and ready to stack on the green!

I sure took a lot off though, so many stupid little twisty leaves clogging up the airflow in the back. Got the unruly colas that were smashing into the light pulled back better as well.

That entire pile came from just the one Diamond on the back left side. :flushed:

This is a shot of the left side with both sites pulled out. I didn’t have a good shot of how the deck worked in my first tour so I thought I should throw one in while I had the ladies out. You can see my hacked intake vents as well. Loose wires are for 12v fans that aren’t in at the moment

I’ve also had what I think is good news of a different kind. A few days back I posted about these…

Well now they look like this.

Soooooooo… In pretty sure I’m a little bit pregnant for the first time! Pretty excited.

I had some questions about the process but I thought it would be better to break them off into their own thread, just to make the data more accessible for future growers. It seemed like the more useful way to do it, but if it’s considered more polite to keep it all in my own thread I’d like to know.

Long story short, I think I have successfully pollinated a branch of both the Strawberry Cough and the Diamond Kush with female pollen from another tiny Diamond Kush. The full story is here…

I hope I’m not too late to get some viable seed off them, hit em on the morning of day 39, running her 63 days so cutting it a little close. We’ll see! :thinking:

That’s it for this time, thanks to everyone for stopping by!

-gR

12 Likes

Looking good, I see you have found ReikoX’s product shop. Just be careful with the Litfa, especially the concentrated one, I accidentally got a big whiff of fumes and it rendered me useless on the couch for 2 days :scream:

11 Likes

Yeah that LITFA is powerful stuff, I’ve certainly made the mistake of over applying it before…

2 Likes

I have too. It just seems so easy using it. :blush:

2 Likes

Right? It’s a perfect consistency to mix a batch up, it just flows so naturally.

3 Likes

Update!

Day 46

Right side

Diamond kush

Wall o diamond buds basking

Left side, Strawberry Cough in front, Diamond in back

Strawberry Cough

The strawberry screen

Left side front row party people

A couple strawberries for ya

Diamond smashing the ceiling

Swapped the res today, got about 2 1/2 weeks to go,
Running at 600ppm on a 0.5 scale. Gotta remember to mark down the EC so my posts are useful, maybe next time.

Been stupid busy this week, got a lot on my plate. Decided to stop fucking around and get my ACMPR, started the process, hoping to get my paperwork finished and off in the next week here. Then the waiting game… I wonder how long that’s gonna take? Probably not quick Oh well, still progress.

Peace all, thanks for dropping in!

-gR

13 Likes

It took me 5 months to get my renewal this year, it took 8 months the first time 3 years ago, as they do police checks which means more waiting.

Make sure you don’t miss signing the bit of form to allow the police check, it’s at the top of one of the pages, I missed it, luckily the wife spotted it when I asked her to check the form over, when I finished.

3 Likes

Wait… a police check of the property? As in they come around to look? Because I specifically asked the place I was dealing with if that was part of it and they said no. I dont really want the cops showing up at my door, making the neighbors ask questions.

1 Like

No dont panic lol, police check as in criminal records.

3 Likes

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh. Ok. Well that’s fine then, I’m clean. Ginger Rick is a gooooooooood boy. :wink:

7 Likes

Hello everybody, this is your UFO captain speaking.
We are at day 52 of our flight, and will soon be commencing our descent. The current reservoir conditions are 6.2ph at 515ppm, as we begin thinning down towards the fade. We’re looking on schedule to land at 63 days.

Right side, Diamond Kush

Front row packing out

Where’d my fan go?

Left side, Strawberry Cough in front, Diamond in the rear

Strawberry screen

Standing room only in front

Diamond up high, doing that “above the sun curl”

Another Diamond cola, snapping its fan leaf against the ceiling

I just picked up a cheap little microscope on Amazon. Still trying to get it figured out, it sucks to focus, jiggles like mad. A couple attempts at an extreme Strawberry closeup.

I took it over to a friends house, found a few if these lurking about. There’s no webbing present, and they haven’t exploded in numbers at any point. He’s found a few now and then, been rubbing the leaves down with End All dipped finger tips, but he’s 35 days in now and getting worried. I haven’t done much googling yet, just got home with this shot.

If anyone has any late flower murder suggestions for my pal I’m all ears! I made a lovely video of them dying terribly right after this shot, I’ll see if I can get them up soon.

Thanks for flying with us!

-gR

12 Likes

The dreaded 2 spotted spider mite, remove any damaged or old leaves, keep using the end all and alternate with other things like lime sulphur, alcohol and water at a 1 to 10 ratio, or water and bleach at a table spoon bleach to 5 gal water. Treat every other day as most stuff doesn’t kill the eggs, except for the home defense bug killer strip, but it’s very toxic so I am using it after my plants finish except for 2 I am trying to breed so nothing will be consumed from them.

Wash the leaves off outside to try and knock as many off the leaves as possible, turn the fans up high they don’t like windy conditions for breeding in. Keep the temps low as possible that slows them and their breeding rate.

When the plant finishes trim outside and wash buds after trimming.

Then shut the tent down turn everything off and hang a home defense bug killer strip in the tent for a couple of weeks to kill anything lurking in the tent.

If it was with other plants start treating them as well even if there are no signs of mites.

Personally now, I am of the opinion it’s easier to kill off everything except what is flowering, and then sterilize everything and hang the home defense strip up for 2-3 weeks.

Good luck, I hope he succeeds in terminating the little barstards.

7 Likes

What Shady said!!!..temps and wind help if you have to live with them for a while,. And stops breeding so you can break the cycle. The larvae will go dormant or something and as soon as live vegetation goes in BAM!!’ Bitches back again.I used Smite andDr. Zyme. Every 3-4 days alternating with 50/50 alcohol and water if vegging. Next time you clean room NUKE!!! It. I mean full defcon take no prisoners…:rage::rage::rage::rage:

4 Likes

Take your100x loop and look at the BORG, if they were the size of kitten and hankered for human flesh we would all be wilting leafs…:skull_and_crossbones::fire::alien:

4 Likes

Well dammn. I was afraid I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Boo, hate those bastards.

You would still spray all that into flowering? He can wash at harvest, but not outside I’m afraid. Thinking were gonna be sitting in the middle of tarps wetted down with end all, should be pleasant. Yeah, it got too hot in there the last few days and all of a sudden, bam.

Might convince him to chuck more pollen on em, it’s just a small run so.

I’ll try and convert the video I shot with the microscope later, its satisfying. :sweat_smile:

Suffer and die you little Borg bastards!

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t spray when in flower, just do the rubbing leaves with your fingers and gloves on like you said you did already. I also did a heavy defoliation of my flower plants that had them.

I used a tarp for trimming on outside and then everything cut off went in the fire pit and burned and I washed the tarp down with strong bleach and water.

4 Likes

Well, time for a big update!
An exciting update!
An…
Embarrassing update…!?!

But hopefully an educational one for all.

So let’s just cut straight to the after school special, the public health message, the PSA:

Don’t drink and fly, UFO’s are dangerous, high powered machines, and improper operation can ruin the lives of those you love.

RegalHandyItaliangreyhound-size_restricted

So I got to see some family this last week, haven’t seen them since before the plague times hit. Babies and birthdays and things to celebrate, I had a few and got home late. Was heading off to bed but told myself I should check the girls quick, they’ve been feeding hard and the PH has swung a bit much lately. Yep, good thing, PH was heading a bit low so I fixed it and thought I’d been a good and responsible boy.

But I should’ve just gone straight to bed that night.

Because I forgot the most important part, reopening the feed valve to the buckets after making the adjustment. That meant they didn’t get any of that freshly adjusted water, and were left sitting in the low PH remnants in the buckets for the next 24 hours. Just my luck, it was a very hot day outside, and it did me no favors.

Being that I have a bit of the absentminded professor in me this is not the first time I have ever made this stupid mistake. One of the reasons I love my Diamond Kush cut is that I have learned all too well just how tough and resilient she can be under extreme conditions. I’ve put her through the wringer in the past and what she can handle is truly impressive.

Things were looking pretty wilted on one of them but the other two weren’t that bad. The Strawberry Cough wasn’t looking great, but I wasn’t that concerned because it was day 56 already. I had planned to go to 63 days, and even hoped that I might push out towards 70 if I could. I’ve always wanted to run the Diamond a bit longer, because even as she’s starting to amber her trichs she’ll be throwing fresh white pistils a plenty. The one time I really had the space to stretch her out life got in the way and I didn’t have time for 10 weeks, and it’s always been too hard in the UFO. I wouldn’t say they were really under ripe, I was getting amber in my trichs, but I wanted another week out of them.

So I fired the flow back on and hoped for the best, checked an hour later and they were already starting to look a little less limp. Ok, good, I’ve read some interesting things about drought stress and cannabinoid content, yeah, I’ll get another week out of them, great!

But then I looked closer…

Shit. PM.

It’s two in the morning but I, have a few days off so I guess I’ll just make 4 shots of espresso and get this party started. So I chopped, washed, and trimmed all through the night and much of the next day. I worked flat out and finished the last branch with a whole 10 minutes to spare before I had to run out the door, meet the wife, and go hang out with the in laws.

The PM turned out to be mostly confined to a few branches on the Strawberry Cough, just leaves, and all from within the last 24ish hours. I hadn’t seen any the night before when I adjusted my res last and I’m always on the lookout for it near the end of a run in such a tight space.

Sorry, not a lot of harvest pics. I was by myself with sticky fingers and lots of work to get done. I think you all understand that situation.

Here’s two of the diamond kush immediately before chopping.

The Diamonds were mostly like this

Everything got the 3 bucket wash, drip dried with a light fan, trimmed and hung. Filled two of the big deep rubbermaid totes like this.

Final dry weight was 48g from the Strawberry Cough, and 190g from the three Diamond Kush. Total of 238 grams, plus a big pile of greasy trim taking up a bunch of space in my freezer. Gotta do some extracting pretty darn soon here, I need that freezer space for food. Need to be a responsible husband and make some hash already so I can make my Costco run, these small bags of frozen berries are adding up so much that I might as well be buying hash.

So my flavour is going to be alright, I usually take it at 8 weeks, although it does taste better when I get a good autumning out of it with a proper flush. I don’t run really high nutrient concentrations so I’m not concerned it will be so locked up that it will burn poorly or anything like that, but still it’s not ideal. I always prefer to get a nice fade on them before chop, but hey, can’t win em all. I still pulled over a half pound outta my cab and that will hold us fine till my next batch comes in.

Which, it turns out, are already in position!

Four fresh BlackBerry cuts, well rooted in rockwool. They got a tiny bit underfed just before they went in but they’re bouncing back just fine and gonna get flipped in just under a week. Can’t wait to see what they do in here, I’ve run em in coco in the past in a smaller cab and they were soooooooo delicious. I’m also expecting their stature to be a bit more manageable than the Diamond Kush, so that should be nice. Plus, the wife loves it so win win.

Also ordering one of these…

Patch it in to the feed line and make the Motherbrain yell at me if I leave the upper feed off for too long. I’m probably going to hook up my chiller for this round as well. This will probably be the last run with the current Frankenstein lighting stack, I’m looking to upgrade to strips for the next round, probably move the res out of the cab and get more height for buds. When I built the UFO I lived somewhere where space was really at a premium, but now I’ve got a bit more room. Might change to a top feed hydroton thing too, but I’m still mulling it over. Got a few months to make up my mind.

So that’s it, a somewhat inglorious landing for this flight of the UFO, but we’re up and running again already. Not my best run, certainly room for improvement, but the jars are full so I can’t really complain.

Still beats buying it from the government!! :joy::+1:

Thanks for flying with me!

-gR

16 Likes

Frigging PM man it’s the bane of my growing existence lately. Nice save though and super quick on the turnaround!

3 Likes

Cheers man. I live in a temperate rainforest, the air is basically made of spores here. :laughing:

2 Likes