Goat pen garden

Aaaaah, thanks, I suspected it was something like that, they are good for keeping away snails and slugs Arriba|nullxnull , I don’t know if with rain they will rot, decompose and bring some fungus or mould, I panic always with outdoor grows … :sweat_smile:

Edit: Sure it is better to let them dry, you can argue with my fears … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Paranoia has saved me in the past. Normally here, we don’t get much rain when I should be finishing up. I may get that all covered up with leaves before we get too much further along. It should be more beneficial as well.

Edit: We have had alot of slugs this year.

4 Likes

Pine shavings will lower your soil pH as they decompose and should not be used as a mulch for cannabis plants.

Just rake leaves/debris from the surrounding area and use it as a mulch.

4 Likes

Thanks. I will be sure to get that fixed up sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

could add some sand and or small rocks best to add some charged biochar or if funds or low just till in some old wood gather from a old forest the most decomposted the better you should good good in the pen if you get enough sun light good

luck with your grow peace

3 Likes

I found balls today. 2 out of 4, one looks female, and one isn’t showing. I will replace these two, and hopefully the last one shows female.

9 Likes

Sulfur will work. Magnesium sulfate will work too and also works good in Clay soil. Lots of people in the mountainous regions in Colorado use it and some people say I can change and or ad color to the bud after harvest

2 Likes

I would like to charge my microbes up a bit for flower, and add some more mulch. I thought about working some kelp and neem meal into the top, plus some rock dusts. I was then gonna add a layer of rabbit poo. I was gonna add a layer of supersoil on top of that, and then mulch. This should give me a jump start for next year I’m thinking.

Will this give me the desired result, or do I need to wait until after harvest for all this? I don’t want the nutrients to run short during flower.

4 Likes

Sounds great keep top dressing and the soil will continue to get better every year!

4 Likes

The rabbit pellets could be a bit too much nitrogen during flower especially if they are fresh. The neem meal is going to add nitrogen more slowly. Check that the kelp is high in potassium and low in nitrogen as it should be. The rock dust would give you more phosphorus and the supersoil should be well balanced, so you’re ready to go.

5 Likes

I replaced the males with a couple plants from a friend. I scratched in some nutes, got a little crazy and added rabbit poo, threw down about 25 gallons of supersoil, and added a layer of grass clippings for mulch. The lady 2 that weren’t showing are females!! !

If I get some burn, I guess I will avoid the rabbit next time.

11 Likes

I’d think you will be fine with straight rabbit if it’s dried properly I think a lot of higher N rabbit is it from sitting in urine to long under hutches that don’t get cleaned frequently.

4 Likes

Looks like you have a few going i their what r those strains again?

4 Likes

We try not to let it go too long. The chickens have been more industrious than I, since we got them. I swear they have the whole yard covered in rabbit poo now :joy:

Velvet pie is the big one in the middle, something thunder, a bagseed, a Harlequin from bagseed, and newly a strawberry glue, and sour diesel.

5 Likes

Did some training on two of them. It seemed to kick them up a notch.

13 Likes

Picture updates. The training seems to really make them blow up.

Velvet pie, about 6’

Harlequin, the smallest lady

Strawberry glue

Thunder deisel

Bagseed

I missed the sour deisel!! Poor little lady.

9 Likes

Know what this is? 2+ hours of extra, good sunlight a day. This should help them fatten up. There is an app to help you figure out which trees need cut to let the sun in. It’s pretty cool.

Edit: @tinytuttle looks like you could use some of this tonight!!

8 Likes

Yea I had the neighborhood smelling a bit different tonight briefly! The wind changed and the house got a good dose of smoke in it ! Lol

6 Likes

Awesome looking plants :seedling: I to have goats and use the composted manure here’s my one outside girl.

11 Likes

Looking nice and thick!! Mine should start to thicken up with more sunlight. We will keep improving this spot year by year. Do you mostly grow idoors?

3 Likes