Going to try DIY hydro for my second grow

I’m all about testing hypothesis like this… You’ve got a control group of seeds, so the variables will be the growing system used. I like it.

got my :popcorn: and will be watching your trials.

2 Likes

hey @anon32470837 is that apera meter still working well for you?? i’m looking at the PH60 (wish i could afford the PC60, $250 canadian :frowning: ), the replaceable probe is attractive to me, and it has really good reviews on amazon - one said he hasn’t needed to calibrate in the 7 months he’s owned it but checks it regularly

the only negative reviews seem to be people who ordered during winter and the glass bulb froze and broke during shipping

Yes. I am very impressed with the PH20. I’ve used the heck out of it for most of a year now, and probably an average of three times a day for the last several months experimenting with my HPA setup and having wild PH issues. I think its only actually needed calibration once early on. I had to clean the probe that time and do a factory re-set. But not since. I have checked it at least once a week and its always spot on. I do keep it stored in KOH though and rinse in RO water and blot clean every time.

I had the PC60 first, but had several issues with that one and ended up returning it. Apera customer support was so great, I decided to give the company another chance and try the PH20. Im very glad I did. The Apera people are great at support. First class.

Edit: I was worried the first couple of days as the readings were slow to stabilize and seemed to drift, but after storing the probe in KOH for 24 hours, it settled down just fine. I think it had been stored dry a bit too long maybe.

1 Like

i think i’ll go for it then … dang the PH20 is like 40$ cheaper than the PH60 on their website, but on amazon.ca it’s about 6$ more expensive … guess i’ll get the PH60, i like the idea of being able to replace just the probe if needed… thanks for the detailed response

1 Like