Gorilla Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

When and where are they to be available @Tonygreen?

Dats a glue!

Guys, check my ig or google for where questions.
I don’t want to get in trouble right when we got some fire beans to pop and show off or take advantage of hospitality!

I wish Tom Hill was still around to pick his brain, afterall he put me on this breeding scheme. (Minus the males ha!) Tom was all fuck the Y chromosome lol. Waste of time, as I’m getting older I see his point!

25 Likes

I’ll be the one who asks the dumb question. Could you give us a little more on why Tom thought males were a waste?

6 Likes

Efficiency, time, results was the gist I got. Every man has only so many years. Selfing should be used as a tool to affect frequency not make random crosses. It is the most efficient way to a homozygous true breeding line.
Tom’s peers were mainly heavily against selfing (not opposed to single selection meetings though ironically ha) he posited there is nothing special on that y chromosome that you cant find on an x. Skilled breeders should try to get as much done on our limited time. We all only have so many runs in us.
My take was how much could a guy like nev or even himself have achieved if he was more efficient. Tom was hard handed in making some points but I always thought because he wanted people to learn and not waste half of their life fucking with a useless y like he did.
I know firsthand how fast a decade can go…
See im stubborn, I had to test the math myself in real life using males before I believed it but it’s all right there on paper lol.
Look at me, had I listened and trusted the math I would have finished GB by now and been onto another line! Time… make it count.

29 Likes

Selfing is powerfully efficient when you dont have random information from the y fucking shit up!
If you are that entranced you can find the same information in an x chromosome if you look!

We are men though. Its innate nature to defend the Y!!!

16 Likes

//\ In my tom hill voice but he cursed a lot more lol

I basically did the exact shit he was trying to get people to avoid… fuck lol. So take it from me, make a couple separate s2s s3s or s4s then cross them and see for yourself if you can make a better f1 than you can buy. Contrary to popular beliefs they wont be retarded unless you have homozygous material to begin with and most likely you dont! You can do that in a year not 10.
The power of what the community has done breeding cannabis is in our numbers. Imagine if everyone was doing it efficiently instead of randomly.

Like Tom.said, the best weed on the planet is being grown in some guys closet and nobody even knows about it.

29 Likes

Tony when you gonna drop those fire strawberries?

3 Likes

It sounds like a lot of work, however, it’s more time consuming than anything else. I believe the outcome of such a breeding endeavor would surprise most people that have never attempted it. Talk of S2, S3 or S4’s in rather uncommon and I’m sure some growers have never heard of them.

Keep the knowledge flowing @Tonygreen… this is good stuff!

10 Likes

That makes perfect sense. I have a couple of solid females but finding an amazing male is a long drawn out process that requires separate space. Most of the females I have are hybrids of other unbelievable plants. Why water that down with male genetics. Just open the female genetics I have and know that they are good.

5 Likes

Self, select the winner, self the winner and repeat.

Keep a cut of your mom each round and run her next to her progeny in a line, then you can see what you need to see.

Then you are onto something. Near perfect homozygosity by s4. Then you have something all your own that nobody has. Can do this in just one year if you are focused.

You dont even know most of the time about a selected male. It’s all a guess. You know your mom though.

Then you got guys reversing males to try to judge their qualities… more waste of time!

24 Likes

@Tonygreen great points here about excluding the Y chromosome to get a more homozygous line at a quicker rate. You are right on about the math (Weinberg Law).

The concept of excluding the Y chromosome I think totally aligns with manipulating gene frequencies to obtain a true breed strain. I’ve also heard that back crossing is effective to stabilize the breed with the dominant traits you are trying to lock in.

Either way, inbreeding / selfing sounds to be the effective method for adapting a strain from a heterozygous gene pool, to a homozygous gene pool. There are still some elements that we can’t control (gene interaction, gene linkage, sex linkage, etc.).

Variate, Isolate, Intermate, Evaluate, Multiplate, and Disseminate.

Edit - Wanted to include the attached pic. Not sure where I found it to give proper credit.

13 Likes

Please explain more!!

2 Likes

Read 2 posts before yours

2 Likes

Here is a cool little game to practice multi trait inheritance.
You can test that backcrossing alone will not make a true breeding line. At some point to make it pure you need to do a full sib cross.

Or in this case separately inbred cousins!

11 Likes

I’ll be swamped the next 10 days. Fire in the hole!
I’ll be back after harvest and we can grow some of these babies out. Time to pollen clean my tent ha!

28 Likes

Unusual number of these coming from the giant pheno, none on any other. Very interesting.
Will self her to do some testing. I’d love a male and female set of twins at this stage of inbreeding.

47 Likes

Yep… that’s inbred for ya! … jacked up offspring can happen sometimes!

6 Likes

weird and cool bro !

7 Likes

I’m late , I’m late
Pulling up a swing chair for the remainder

6 Likes

Now that these are done I’m gonna grow some babies in here. If anyone else does feel free to post em in here!

First I need some flower so I’m gonna do a rare seedless run ha.

11 Likes