12/12* from seed overgrow

Back in the day we used these “TALL ONE” TREE POTS" for clones outdoors in milk crates. The last time they were set up indoors with seed they were under salt water 10 days into veg thanks to hurricane Sandy. Since then most original containers were used for fig clones/ fruit seedlings but have always squirreled a bunch to run MJ again. I ordered a 50 pack of the amazon imitations not realizing they were inches smaller; still running with it. I will drop the $130 on 100 new 14" pots next year.The extra 2 inches makes a difference.
Going in them is non feminized Iron Cindy hybrids. Time to test out some pollen chucking. If a killer pheno is found during flower it will probably be re-vegged but for the most part this is just to test smoke the hybrids to see who I even want to move forward with.
Arguably; transplanting pints/ quarts after knowing sex would have been more practical. IMO starting in their final destination is worth the extra work because of the stress reduction and immediate resource availability.
I went to my local nursery and bought a few items on sale for this grow. The containers took 7 hours to fill with an addition 5 mins and 30 seconds each container to top off, wipe down, sow, and water in for an addition 10 hours.
25#s worm casing reduced but still 25$.
2 busted bales of promix half off 70$ for both
2 6# bags of organic fert 4-3-2 half off 10$ for both
Also used vermiculite/ mycorrhizae on hand.
The following is just my OCD. I dont think layering really does much more than a homogenous mixture but this is how it was done. The top of the list is the bottom of the container. (Scroll over products for links)

Atm they are under 250 watt HPS. After sex is know they will get 400 watt HPS+ supplemental LED. Will flip 12/12 in 12 days. All strains need 12-14 weeks. Just in time to start my summer grow.
E.C.D.O.G = (white widow x ak47) x( originala glue x tripple OG) Seeds soaked in shot glasses of rainwater on a heat mat for 15 hours. Many popped while sowing.

Liberty City X Iron Cindy (sat dom) 18 seeds
Liberty city X iron Cindy (fat bud) 18 seeds
E.C.D.O.G. X Iron Cindy (sat dom) 18 seeds
E.C.D.O.G X Iron Cindy ( red bud) 18 seeds
Harlem shuffle X Iron Cindy (penny pincher /944) 36 seeds ( If anyone is interested in these please send me a message)*

50 Likes

Looks great. I’m in. How big are these, half gal or just a quart? I was considering these for sea of green.

5 Likes

+100points for tree pots :grinning:

10 Likes

I just made a mess in my pants…a happy mess.
Putting my SOG to shame here! Very excited to see the results!!! Best of luck!

Wishing had that remote from the movie “Click”…could just fastforward 90 days…lol

This grow is gonna be wild!!!..again, best of luck!! :+1::call_me_hand::pray::crossed_fingers:

How many plants per square foot? Are there 8 pots per tub? What are those tubs?..purchased or reclaimed?

10 Likes

Just beautiful already.

2 Likes

Those tall pots I have been re-using for over 10 years. I planted the trees that where in them around the city then carried staffs of empty dirty pots back on the subway and LIRR.
I didn’t have enough so I borrowed some from a friend. He didnt have enough so I ordered the imitations. There are 3 differnt sizes from .5 to .8 gallons. But when filled properly they hold as much as a 1 gallon bucket.
12 pots for each tote , 9 totes(cubenesis tubs), 4’x4’ tent 27 plants a square foot :rofl: but there will be males…
I have more pics but it only let me upload 1

11 Likes

This is awesome. I’m excited to follow along! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’ve recently started doin something similar.
Count me in!
:+1:

5 Likes

I think your tent is full :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whoaaaaaaa - I admire your dedication to quantities! Can’t wait to see this :grin::heart::+1:

2 Likes

and we’re off

18 Likes

:heart_eyes: Love it! I wanna be able to say that so badly! :grin: My grow space is primed and sitting empty while I struggle with old seed germination. I’m so addicted to popping beans that after a few days I couldn’t stand the waiting any longer and threw some actual bean seeds in there to warm up the soil. :laughing::rofl:

2 Likes

Mimosa pudica is an awesome lil touch sensitive weed in the legume family that will give you much joy and entertain all while the nitrogen fixing bacteria do there thing. check em out
Also check out gibberellic acid for stubborn seeds

3 Likes

I actually could have fit another 36 in there.

5 Likes

Some LED and a fan gotta beef up that stem. Day one work out

8 Likes

Effin rights! This is gonna be awesome!!

1 Like

Pretty solid results you got there. You give them zero veg time? I was gonna go 10-12 days.

4 Likes

Still very interested in this system, but my lack of seed is what keeps me from trying. @tamimes hope all is fine! Interesting that you switched to a bigger pot size. What is the reason behind it? And you work with regular seed right? I have bought 10 regular Jack Herer seeds from Sensi, could i make my own seed from this? I have zero experience with crossing. I am a virgin! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do you top feed or bottom feed? Do you do major leaf stripping as the plants grow?

1 Like

are you taking clones before flowering? at 10 days veg?

1 Like