Gorilla Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Now that these are done I’m gonna grow some babies in here. If anyone else does feel free to post em in here!

First I need some flower so I’m gonna do a rare seedless run ha.

11 Likes

@Tonygreen you think those seeds you released are going to be around for a month on GLG? Funds are a little tight till May and I want one of those packs. How long do you think DBJ will have the double pack?

4 Likes

Hey Bro, just joined here thought I’d stop in and say hi! Cant wait to see a few people start growing these out!

10 Likes

Welcome to OG @Coastal101, nice to see you. I am really considering getting some of this, GLG has a BOGO on it right now. Too many seeds, not enough stimulus check. :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

There is only a few left atm. Neptune has a grip I haven’t seen listed yet. No clue when hes dropping them. Emailing a seed bank and getting a reply is usually not easy after 420.

Yo coastal I cant wait either! Welcome bro. Hopefully we get a lot of peeps growing her out in here.

Big thanks to all that supported the RIL. Now the work is done the fun begins!

18 Likes

Hey @Tonygreen. I just got my RIL BOGO seeds from GLG, and one vial is labeled “Twin Pheno”, and I wondered what the story was with that. I couldn’t find a reference to it.

Thanks man, glad you’re on OG. :vulcan_salute:

10 Likes

Twin pheno put out a lot of twin beans, also called my giant pheno due to her flower size. I id’d about 50 packs labeled twin to try to track her progeny!

Shits been hectic but RIL grows starting to roll in!

29 Likes

Looks great!

I’ve got two in coco myself right now. Very much looking forward to seeing what I get.

Can’t wait until I can do a bigger run, too :smile:

4 Likes

More RIL from the world!

17 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

18 Likes

Update on that one from earlier, 14 days in.

19 Likes

One more, looking like glue like crazy. Make sure you top these early guys, then the crazy branching kicks in and they are growing like the cut.

20 Likes

Wow, that’s some great work! I’m just getting into reading about breeding, some mention of 8 generations to stabilize a strain (I think that was for tomatoes though…) I also had thoughts about what happened when you make further generations reversing and using feminized plants. You mentioning that (assuming that’s what S2 and further mean) it would cut selective breeding timeframe to a fraction, and that makes total sense to me.

6 Likes

That’s some serious bud sites on those branches .

3 Likes

The number of generations needed to fix a trait depends on your technique and selection. Also all of the math is more accurately applied to single traits.

Selfing is the most efficient method but you will run into inbreeding depression quickly. The RIL technique fixes that by reintroducing vigor!

12 Likes

I am fascinated with your work Tony. Any of these left?

2 Likes

Yep. Great Lakes, DC seed, neptune and soaknbeans has a few. Neptune has gorilla bubble that comes with.
If I cant say that please delete!

8 Likes

I just got a pack of the gg4 ril I’m excited to run a few.

7 Likes